View Poll Results: Did the USA lose the Vietnam conflict?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • I don't know

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll RE: Historical Perspective

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am just wondering what people on this board really believe about history. Hopefully it is only the first of several polls to gage sentiment.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    The USA lost that war due to politicians caving in to the demands of the Born To Be Mild Crowd....

If the soldiers were allowed to fight the war their way, the US would have been victorious......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what way would that have been?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 11 2004, 06:08 PM
    [b] what way would that have been? [/b][/quote]
    In a War you use your Best Armament and Destructive force! In Nam
    we made area's that were off limits to any Military action or Force! To
    use a football Analogy..Would you go into a Game with your best Players
    (Weapons) on the Bench and say there's only 15% on their endzone were
    allowed to try and score in?? That's what we did in Nam..Not to mention have
    some of your Players helping the other Team and the Cheerleader's and Fans
    at home sporting Banners with the other Teams name on it! Plus the Major
    Sports writers saying this is a Game we can't win lets forfeit the Game!! That
    Bit is what happened in Nam... <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 11 2004, 01:42 PM
    [b] i am just wondering what people on this board really believe about history. Hopefully it is only the first of several polls to gage sentiment. [/b][/quote]
    Well, since we never officially declared war on Vietnam, some wouldn&#39;t consider it a mark in the loss column, but we did lose the war. Reason being as mentioned before, I think the war would have been better fought, if not won, if the Politicians such as LBJ and other gave the Generals a greater ability to fight the war based on what they believed needed to be done in order to win. What Im saying is, they shouldn&#39;t have decided every aspect of the war from the White House. We also did a poor job of adapting and assimilating the guerrilla style of warfare the VC used, and consider the Tet Offensive. The war was going badly for N. Vietnam and some high ranking officials in their army have agreed that they thought they would lose the war at that point. The Tet Offensive for all intensive purposes was a failure for the north but because the American Media portrayed it as this gigantic defeat for American forces, it became a psychological victory as anti-war protests shot up. So from those aspects, we lost the war.

That&#39;s my view of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it wasn&#39;t for panty waists like John Kerry who knows what could have happened. The VietCong have Kerry in their Soldiers hall of fame. He is a hero to the communists,

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    here&#39;s one question for Mavrik&#39;s and Savage&#39;s response (which were good ones)

Was the reason why we couldn&#39;t use our full force because of China?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]chiefst2000 Posted on Sep 13 2004, 09:28 AM
    If it wasn&#39;t for panty waists like John Kerry who knows what could have happened. The VietCong have Kerry in their Soldiers hall of fame. He is a hero to the communists,
    [/b][/quote]

Kerry had enough balls to go over there and fight the communists, unlike our current president. And how does fighting the communists put him in their hall of fame? If somebody fights against me then they certainly go into my hall of fame.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b] somebody fights against me then they certainly go into my hall of fame. [/b][/quote]

If somebody fights against me then they certainly don&#39;t go into my hall of fame.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen63[/i]@Sep 13 2004, 01:02 PM
    [b] [quote][b]chiefst2000 Posted on Sep 13 2004, 09:28 AM
    [/b][/quote]

Kerry had enough balls to go over there and fight the communists, unlike our current president. And how does fighting the communists put him in their hall of fame? If somebody fights against me then they certainly go into my hall of fame. [/b][/quote]
    You should ask the VietCong because their the ones who put him in their hall of fame. I&#39;m guessing it was because he was so quick to sell out his fellow soldiers as war criminals when he got back. Many of the POW&#39;s were tortured daily and still would not admit to atrocities. When Kerry testified to the atrocities he sold out his fellow soldiers and became a hero to the Vietcong. Later, as a result of Kerry&#39;s lies, brave heros like Savage and Hermanator were spat apon when they returned home from serving their country. Some hero.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    well..Fighting a civil war in nam was absolutely retarded..
    and the US lost..Vietnam fell to the VC and oh my god..the sky didn&#39;t fall...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    hysterical...

You posters who believe that &#39;jane fonda&#39; types was the cause of the US getting their ass kicked in Vietnam are severly mentally challenged...

a large portion of the US was against that BS war...I call those people heros..If the population of the US had anything to do with stopping war mongers from raging an endless and useless war..that&#39;s wonderful&#33;

what would be said is if a population would sit back and let their military/industrial gov&#39;t kill for no reason..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]You should ask the VietCong because their the ones who put him in their hall of fame. I&#39;m guessing it was because he was so quick to sell out his fellow soldiers as war criminals when he got back. Many of the POW&#39;s were tortured daily and still would not admit to atrocities. When Kerry testified to the atrocities he sold out his fellow soldiers and became a hero to the Vietcong. Later, as a result of Kerry&#39;s lies, brave heros like Savage and Hermanator were spat apon when they returned home from serving their country. Some hero. [/b][/quote]

I still don&#39;t see how that qualifies him to be in the communists hall of fame. Unfortanatley they were not lies, but I do not blame them for any atrocities that might have been committed. When every man you fight goes and blends into the villages, and the situation they were put in, we have to do that. I have great respect for any one that went over there, and that inculdes Hermanator, Savage, and John Kerry. They are heros in my mind just for having enough balls to go over there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know what we call citizens who don&#39;t stop their gov&#39;t from prosecuting unjustified wars.....
    germans

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen63[/i]@Sep 13 2004, 02:12 PM
    [b] [quote][b]You should ask the VietCong because their the ones who put him in their hall of fame. I&#39;m guessing it was because he was so quick to sell out his fellow soldiers as war criminals when he got back. Many of the POW&#39;s were tortured daily and still would not admit to atrocities. When Kerry testified to the atrocities he sold out his fellow soldiers and became a hero to the Vietcong. Later, as a result of Kerry&#39;s lies, brave heros like Savage and Hermanator were spat apon when they returned home from serving their country. Some hero. [/b][/quote]

I still don&#39;t see how that qualifies him to be in the communists hall of fame. Unfortanatley they were not lies, but I do not blame them for any atrocities that might have been committed. When every man you fight goes and blends into the villages, and the situation they were put in, we have to do that. I have great respect for any one that went over there, and that inculdes Hermanator, Savage, and John Kerry. They are heros in my mind just for having enough balls to go over there. [/b][/quote]
    [img]http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/100378.jpg[/img]

KERRY&#39;S PICTURE FEATURED IN VIETNAMS COMMUNIST HERO&#39;S HALL OF FAME

May 31, 2004 - John Kerry&#39;s photograph is featured in the War Protestors Hall of the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City -- a clear indication of the value the Vietnamese communists place on Kerry&#39;s support of their efforts during the Vietnam War. The photograph was received in response to a general request last week for information documenting Kerry&#39;s activities on behalf of the enemy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saudi Arabia has a mosque called "jihad&#39;s american brother&#39;..
    there is a large photo of Bush and his terrorist financing saudi business partners..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 13 2004, 03:31 PM
    [b] Saudi Arabia has a mosque called "jihad&#39;s american brother&#39;..
    there is a large photo of Bush and his terrorist financing saudi business partners.. [/b][/quote]
    Post the Link and Picture then Bman..Be Fair and Balanced&#33;&#33; :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goal of Vietnam War: To Keep the Pinko-commies out of South Vietnam

Result: Pinko-commies took over Saigon in 1975 and Vietnam became Commie&#33;

Answer: Yes, we lost. However, that doesnt fall on the soldiers as much as the people who agreed to pull out without using our best force possible. We held back and, ultimately, limited our options for success.

So basically, we lost but not because of our soldiers...we limited our options..

LL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Sep 13 2004, 02:23 PM
    [b] The photograph was received in response to a general request last week for information documenting Kerry&#39;s activities on behalf of the enemy [/b][/quote]
    my question was north vietnam really "the enemy?"

also no one answered you all talk about not being able to use full force, if you were the President of the USA during that time what would you do differently to win the war...

USSR and China both were waiting to pounce if the USA actually took over North Vietnam... so what are the REAL options, armchair generals?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask those thousands who fled into the sea in rickety boats to face pirates rather than live under the Viet Cong. Visit Sant Ana, California sometime if you want to understand the culture and economic might a free Vietnam might now have had Congress not run like rabbits by cutting off South Vietnam&#39;s funds cold turkey in 1975. That was the option, and the liberal Frank Church imbeciles in the Senate allowed a proud people to be enslaved. Or they could have let Nixon bomb them back to the stone age like he did in December, 1972, which had the North Vietnamese begging for peace.

Ask the Hmong and Montegard tribesmen who were hunted like animals by the North Vietnamese.

Ask the millions who were sent to "reeducation camps" set up by the Viet COng, many never to return.

Ask the million plus Cambodians who died in the death camps of that Communist ally of the Viet Cong, Pol Pot.

Ask them all-who was the enemy? It was very definitely the North Vietnamese, who run the country like a gulag.

China wasn&#39;t ready to pounce. In fact, Red China and North Vietnam had several border skirmishes in the late 1970s, mostly due to what the red Chinese viewed as the unnecessary excess of the Viet Cong.

Vietnam could be like Hong Kong, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore and even "Red" CHina if their government and reform-minded. Instead, they are only slightly less oppressive than Castro, which gives you an economy that&#39;s backward as hell.

It&#39;s one thing to not like America. It&#39;s another to ignore objective truth , as if the Viet Cong was running a Shangrila rather than a gulag. You don&#39;t know history. And you don&#39;t care to know it. And you teach children?