Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Senor' Flipity-Flopity exposed once again!!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Excerpt from yesterday's Meet the Press...which I actually heard on Err America radio driving home from the Jets game:

[quote][b][b]MR. RUSSERT: [/b] Here's the confusion, I think, that exists in some Democrats' minds about Senator Kerry's position. This is what he said Wednesday about the cost of the war. Let's watch:

(Videotape from Wednesday, 9/9):

[b]SEN. KERRY: [/b]I would not have made the wrong choices that are now forcing us to pay nearly the entire cost of this war; $200 billion that we're not investing in education and health care, job creation here at home; $200 billion for going it alone in Iraq. That's the wrong choice. That's the wrong direction and that's the wrong leadership for America.

(End videotape)

[b]MR. RUSSERT: [/b]Now last August on this program, six months into the war, I asked Senator Kerry about how much we should invest in Iraq and here's that exchange:

(Videotape, August 31, 2003):

[b]
    MR. RUSSERT: [/b]Do you belive that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?

[b]SEN. KERRY: [/b]No. I think we should increase it.

[b]MR. RUSSERT: [/b] Increase funding?

[b]
    SEN. KERRY:[/b] Yes.

[b]MR. RUSSERT: [/b]By how much?
    [b]
    SEN. KERRY: [/b] [SIZE=3]By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. It is critical that the United States of America be successful in Iraq, Tim.[/SIZE] [/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5981265/]Meet the Press Transcript[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is going to be interesting to see is this. As we all know, a few years ago, Dumbya supported the assault weapons ban. He was so supportive of it that he let it expire. Now that it has come out that 68% of America supports a ban on assault weapons, will he flip back to his earlier position or will he stay flopped. Time will tell but judging from his history (the 9/11 commission, forming department of homeland security) we should have the ban reinstated just in time for the election.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush let it expire? Congress had nothing to do with it?

Tell Tailgators I say hi.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Tell Tailgators I say hi. ]

If I get to hell before you do, I'll give him your regards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gobbles[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 08:27 AM
    [b] What is going to be interesting to see is this. As we all know, a few years ago, Dumbya supported the assault weapons ban. He was so supportive of it that he let it expire. Now that it has come out that 68% of America supports a ban on assault weapons, will he flip back to his earlier position or will he stay flopped. Time will tell but judging from his history (the 9/11 commission, forming department of homeland security) we should have the ban reinstated just in time for the election. [/b][/quote]
    Once again, I challenge the misguided to establish a definition of "Assault Weapon" as it pertains to the AWB.

You will see why it is / was and inane piece of legislation. If you can't figure it out, let me know I will be happy to 'splain it to any of you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 09:38 AM
    [b] Once again, I challenge the misguided to establish a definition of "Assault Weapon" as it pertains to the AWB.

You will see why it is / was and inane piece of legislation. If you can't figure it out, let me know I will be happy to 'splain it to any of you. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah transplant, explain it to me. I'd like to know. When you're done you can explain how letting this ban expire is a GOOD thing. I have an open mind (that's the cool thing about being a liberal) so I'll listen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez+Sep 16 2004, 02:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JoeyStylez @ Sep 16 2004, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetFanTransplant[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 09:38 AM
    [b] Once again, I challenge the misguided to establish a definition of "Assault Weapon" as it pertains to the AWB.

You will see why it is / was and inane piece of legislation. If you can&#39;t figure it out, let me know I will be happy to &#39;splain it to any of you. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah transplant, explain it to me. I&#39;d like to know. When you&#39;re done you can explain how letting this ban expire is a GOOD thing. I have an open mind (that&#39;s the cool thing about being a liberal) so I&#39;ll listen. [/b][/quote]
    What is dubya&#39;s explanation for "opposing" the ban but not doing anything about it?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 16 2004, 02:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 16 2004, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JoeyStylez@Sep 16 2004, 02:04 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetFanTransplant[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 09:38 AM

You will see why it is / was and inane piece of legislation. If you can&#39;t figure it out, let me know I will be happy to &#39;splain it to any of you. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah transplant, explain it to me. I&#39;d like to know. When you&#39;re done you can explain how letting this ban expire is a GOOD thing. I have an open mind (that&#39;s the cool thing about being a liberal) so I&#39;ll listen. [/b][/quote]
    What is dubya&#39;s explanation for "opposing" the ban but not doing anything about it? [/b][/quote]
    maybe if kerri showed up to work on occasion he could put forth the legislation...oh, wait...he&#39;s done sh&#33;t the past 19-years in the Senate so why expect change now&#33; :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez+Sep 16 2004, 02:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JoeyStylez @ Sep 16 2004, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetFanTransplant[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 09:38 AM

It is a good thing because the law, as written, was poorly worded, inconsistent, unfair, and a breach of a Constitutional right.

Gun Control is not a horrible thing, and no, I don;t think Americans need Uzi&#39;s or RPG&#39;s, for any reason. But the law was a poor one, and did little to stop either gun related crime or gun related hommicide. Too many loopholes, failures and outright holes in that law.

What is needed is a well thought out, logical law that will restrict what I would call "Weapons of War", hence Machine Guns and other weapons designed explicietly for use in Millitary Combat or Urban Warfare, and also the special ammunition designed to kill Officers of the Law (not Deer or Taregets). Those kinds of restrictions I can live with. Handgun , Shotgun and Rifle restrictions, I cannot.

But with the Anti-Gunners on the Left, and the NRA&#39;ers on the right, neither willing to give an inch to logic, the odds of a TRUELY good Gun Control law is not very likely.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Warfish. My point is this: I don&#39;t think automatic weapons should be avaialble to any ididot off the street. There&#39;s anough guns out there already. I would support a law which limited those weaposn to a select few. I don&#39;t know enough about the ban to support it, but I do believe we need to make our streets safer. BTW, I support gun ownership and gun responsibility.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 04:57 PM
    [b] Thanks Warfish. My point is this: I don&#39;t think automatic weapons should be avaialble to any ididot off the street. There&#39;s anough guns out there already. I would support a law which limited those weaposn to a select few. I don&#39;t know enough about the ban to support it, but I do believe we need to make our streets safer. BTW, I support gun ownership and gun responsibility. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you. Although If I was hunting using a semi Automatic rifle, I would have a better chance of hitting a deer. (maybe pumped so full of lead that the meat wouldnt be eatible but I wouldnt miss my target. :lol: Sometimes I think I would have better luck getting a deer driving down the road.