Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that explains everything

"Why does Bush sound stupid?"

George W. Bush's "Bushisms" -- the mangled phrases that result from his torture of the English language -- cement his political adversaries' opinions of his inadequacy and leave his supporters appreciative of how "average" he can be. But Alex Beam's column today in the Boston Globe examines the option that Bush isn't just a "plain talker," but a sufferer of "presenile dementia."

"This summer, Joseph Price, a self-described 'country doctor' in Carsonville, Mich., was reading a long article in The Atlantic about Bush's speaking style. Author James Fallows alluded to Bush's malapropisms and to speculation that Bush had a learning disorder or dyslexia. But those conditions generally manifest themselves in childhood. Furthermore, Fallows wrote, 'through his forties Bush was perfectly articulate.'"

"Dr. Price's children happened to have given him a daily tear-off calendar of 'Bushisms' for Christmas. 'They are horrible, but they are also diagnostic,' Price says. When he read that Bush had spoken clearly and performed well while debating Texas politician Ann Richards in 1994, Price thought: 'My God, the only way you can explain that is by being Alzheimer's.'"

"In a letter to be published in The Atlantic's October issue, Price calls presenile dementia 'a fairly typical Alzheimer's situation that develops significantly earlier in life. . . . President Bush's 'mangled' words are a demonstration of what physicians call `confabulation' and are almost specific to the diagnosis of a true dementia.' He adds that Bush should be 'started on drugs that offer the possibility of retarding the slow but inexorable course of the disease.'"

-- Geraldine Sealey

Again from Salon.com. Keep up the good fight Salon.com.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yes...and kerri's favorable rating which was 54% just a few months ago has fallen to 36%...and his support amongst women which was 50% just weeks ago is now hovering around 44%....keep up the goooood work kerri!

[img]http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/graphics/TNS_Dustjacket.jpg[/img]

Joseph Cockburn of the Villiage Voice today claimed that the reason John Kerry allways walks like he has a stick up his ass is because indeed he enjoys having sticks shove up his ass. Mr. Cockburn is a self described expert in shoving things up ones ass. He states that Kerrys posture and constant strained look could only be the result of a mental disease called shtickinmeintooches. The sufferers of this rare disorder derive sick pleasure from shoving sticks up thier ass.

bush skipped nam and did bloW!

Is it so impossible to theorize that Bush's difficulty speaking at times could indeed be caused by something other than ignorance of the English language or poor public speaking skills?

If this theory is so foolish, as CBTNY and Chiefs imply by their non-topic, politcal attack posts, what whould you theorize IS the reason for Bush's almost constant mangling of English in his speeches??

Is he uneducated? No, he is highly educated and intelligent. Is he a poor public speaker? He never used to be, and he certainly comes from a long line of pretty good public speakers. Does he have a learning disorder?? If he does, it's never been diagnosed or made public. And it is indeed odd that the symptoms would not begin to manifest themselves until middle adulthood.

I would be interested to hear the theories of other posters, especially those who like and favor Mr. Bush, as to the possible causes of his poor public speaking. No politics involved in THIS post, just interest as to possible causes for his diffculty, which is obvious.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 03:29 PM
    [b] Is it so impossible to theorize that Bush's difficulty speaking at times could indeed be caused by something other than ignorance of the English language or poor public speaking skills?

If this theory is so foolish, as CBTNY and Chiefs imply by their non-topic, politcal attack posts, what whould you theorize IS the reason for Bush's almost constant mangling of English in his speeches??

Is he uneducated? No, he is highly educated and intelligent. Is he a poor public speaker? He never used to be, and he certainly comes from a long line of pretty good public speakers. Does he have a leaning disorder?? If he does, it's never been diagnosed or made public. And it is indeed odd that the symptoms would not begin to manifest themselves until middle adulthood.

I would be interested to hear the theories of other posters, especially those who like and favor Mr. Bush, as to the possible causes of his poor public speaking. No politics involved in THIS post, just interest as to possible causes for his diffculty, which is obvious. [/b][/quote]
    This post is beneath you fisher.

he could be very stupid..
    he was c student in college...obviously his money and faimly got him in..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 03:55 PM
    [b] he could be very stupid..
    he was c student in college...obviously his money and faimly got him in.. [/b][/quote]
    obviously you weren't as lucky....

you must fondle bush's balls at night..I mean your head is so far up his ass..

[quote][b]This post is beneath you fisher. [/b][/quote]

At my weight (418 today), I feel bad for ANYTHING that ends up beneath ME, LOL! :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 04:04 PM
    [b] you must fondle bush's balls at night..I mean your head is so far up his ass.. [/b][/quote]
    Another eloquent statement brought to you courtesy of irrational comments anonymous.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[b] Is it so impossible to theorize that Bush's difficulty speaking at times could indeed be caused by something other than ignorance of the English language or poor public speaking skills?

Is he uneducated? No, he is highly educated and intelligent. Is he a poor public speaker? He never used to be, and he certainly comes from a long line of pretty good public speakers. Does he have a leaning disorder?? If he does, it's never been diagnosed or made public. And it is indeed odd that the symptoms would not begin to manifest themselves until middle adulthood.

I would be interested to hear the theories of other posters, especially those who like and favor Mr. Bush, as to the possible causes of his poor public speaking. No politics involved in THIS post, just interest as to possible causes for his diffculty, which is obvious. [/b][/quote]
    hey warfish, give us all a break and take your freaking head out of your ass. And while you're at it, give up on your transparent "ooh I'm just a non-partisan fence sitter" bullsht.

The Dumb Republican/Smart Democrat attack mantra perpetrated by the liberal media has been a cornerstone of the left's disgusting strategy as far back as the Coolidge administration. Coolidge was "dumb.' Eisenhower was "dumb.' Ford was "dumb.' Nixon was "dumb" (and evil to boot). Reagan was "dumb." Quayle was "dumb." Bush W. is "dumb," and now, apparently, "pre-senile."

They're so shameless, they don't even bother to try to hide the fact that they're simply going back to the same old playbook time after time. Pre-1984, Reagan was simply "dumb." When Reagan was up for a second term in 1984, the media went to phase II and overwhelmingly ran with BS garbage suggesting that he was getting senile (gee, sound familiar?) All Reagan did was go on to win the Cold War, the doofus.

Just open your eyes. Look at how the media plays the "Republicans Dumb/Democrats Smart" game all the time. Republicans are "incurious"..."proudly anti-intellectual"...and every one of their verbal gaffes are repeated and even riduculed ad nauseum by a giddy press. Democrats are feted as "too smart to be President?" (a headline about Gore from Time magazine back during that campaign), "ultra-intelligent" (which is what Bill Clinton, the bubba from Arkansas is supposed to be)..."scholarly," and their gaffes (even their doozies) get largely ignored and invariably quickly forgotten by a liberal media all to content to look the other way.

It is undeniable.

[quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] hey warfish, give us all a break and take your freaking head out of your ass. And while you're at it, give up on your transparent "ooh I'm just a non-partisan fence sitter" bullsht.

The Dumb Republican/Smart Democrat attack mantra perpetrated by the liberal media has been a cornerstone of the left's disgusting strategy as far back as the Coolidge administration. Coolidge was "dumb.' Eisenhower was "dumb.' Ford was "dumb.' Nixon was "dumb" (and evil to boot). Reagan was "dumb." Quayle was "dumb." Bush W. is "dumb," and now, apparently, "pre-senile."

They're so shameless, they don't even bother to try to hide the fact that they're simply going back to the same old playbook time after time. Pre-1984, Reagan was simply "dumb." When Reagan was up for a second term in 1984, the media went to phase II and overwhelmingly ran with BS garbage suggesting that he was getting senile (gee, sound familiar?) All Reagan did was go on to win the Cold War, the doofus.

Just open your eyes. Look at how the media plays the "Republicans Dumb/Democrats Smart" game all the time. Republicans are "incurious"..."proudly anti-intellectual"...and every one of their verbal gaffes are repeated and even riduculed ad nauseum by a giddy press. Democrats are feted as "too smart to be President?" (a headline about Gore from Time magazine back during that campaign), "ultra-intelligent" (which is what Bill Clinton, the bubba from Arkansas is supposed to be)..."scholarly," and their gaffes (even their doozies) get largely ignored and invariably quickly forgotten by a liberal media all to content to look the other way.

It is undeniable. [/b][/quote]
    Head out of my ass, eh? Damn you are one long winded whiner Shakin. Cannot discuss any topic without being a prick about it, eh? Fine, that IS your right after all......

In all of you long winded and rambling post, I don't see anything actually answering the question I asked: Why is Bush such a poor speaker?

I didn't bring up Republicans v. Democrats, as it isn't relevant to the issue I am interested in (although it is clearly the only thing that interests YOU Shakin). I didn't bring up ANYTHING political at all. And personally, I have always thought Republicans were generally better educated, and better speakers, than Democrats. Ronald Reagan being the best example (although Clinton was good too, in a "Aww Shucks, SnakeOil Salesman" kinda way).

To top it off, I did say in my post that I believe Bush is both intelligent AND well educated, so how can you possibly equate MY questioning of his speaking difficulty with some vague claim that "evil Liberals", of which I am not one regardless of your own views, think he is dumb????

I am well aware that Gobbles post was meant as an attack. However, MY question was specifically written to NOT be an attack, but to question why Bush is such a poor public speaker. Period, end of story, NO other adgenda.

Let me make a few things clear you arrogant schmuck. I don't need the Liberal media OR Right Wing Radio to get my opinions or views, and if that bothers you, too damn bad. For the record, I loved Reagan and would vote for his rotting corpse over John Kerry even today. I never thought Reagan was dumb, in fact quite the opposite, I think he was one of the shrewdest, most tacticly gifted leader America had in the entire century. So take you partisan blindness Shakin, and shove it right up you whiny "woo-is-me, stop the liberals form picking on me" arse!!!

Fact is, I have simply heard enough of his speeches to know he is an abysmal public speaker who mangles words and phrases left and right. Are you actually denying that fact?? Does your own partisan beliefs really deafen you that much??

If you cannot answer the question with an intelligent and reasonable reason (and non-partisan) post, and political anger is all you have to offer Shakin, then you are simply not worth reading. Sorry.

[quote][b]"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -- President George W. Bush, August 5th, 2004.[/b][/quote]

[img]http://www.bartcop.com/th-lib-med.gif[/img]

Maxman

What is a leaning disorder? And why would that impact his public speaking ability?

[quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 05:12 PM
    [b]
    What is a leaning disorder? And why would that impact his public speaking ability? [/b][/quote]
    Well, a "leaning disorder" is when you type fast, proofread fast (or not at all), and end up spelling things incorrectly. Happens to me all the time, as you so succinctly pointed out! I was never great at spelling in the first place, and typing (where my fingers go faster than they should at times) has not helped the problem. :D

All League
    [quote][b]When Reagan was up for a second term in 1984, the media went to phase II and overwhelmingly ran with BS garbage suggesting that he was getting senile (gee, sound familiar?) All Reagan did was go on to win the Cold War, the doofus.
    [/b][/quote]

Maybe it was true. His mental health declined rapidly after Bush Sr. took over. Why can't you debate the fact that this is a possibility? Instead you have to attack people.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 14 2004, 04:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Sep 14 2004, 04:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shakin318[/i]@Sep 14 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] hey warfish, give us all a break and take your freaking head out of your ass. And while you&#39;re at it, give up on your transparent "ooh I&#39;m just a non-partisan fence sitter" bullsht.

The Dumb Republican/Smart Democrat attack mantra perpetrated by the liberal media has been a cornerstone of the left&#39;s disgusting strategy as far back as the Coolidge administration. Coolidge was "dumb.&#39; Eisenhower was "dumb.&#39; Ford was "dumb.&#39; Nixon was "dumb" (and evil to boot). Reagan was "dumb." Quayle was "dumb." Bush W. is "dumb," and now, apparently, "pre-senile."

They&#39;re so shameless, they don&#39;t even bother to try to hide the fact that they&#39;re simply going back to the same old playbook time after time. Pre-1984, Reagan was simply "dumb." When Reagan was up for a second term in 1984, the media went to phase II and overwhelmingly ran with BS garbage suggesting that he was getting senile (gee, sound familiar?) All Reagan did was go on to win the Cold War, the doofus.

It is undeniable. [/b][/quote]
    Head out of my ass, eh? Damn you are one long winded whiner Shakin. Cannot discuss any topic without being a prick about it, eh? Fine, that IS your right after all......

In all of you long winded and rambling post, I don&#39;t see anything actually answering the question I asked: Why is Bush such a poor speaker?

I didn&#39;t bring up Republicans v. Democrats, as it isn&#39;t relevant to the issue I am interested in (although it is clearly the only thing that interests YOU Shakin). I didn&#39;t bring up ANYTHING political at all. And personally, I have always thought Republicans were generally better educated, and better speakers, than Democrats. Ronald Reagan being the best example (although Clinton was good too, in a "Aww Shucks, SnakeOil Salesman" kinda way).

To top it off, I did say in my post that I believe Bush is both intelligent AND well educated, so how can you possibly equate MY questioning of his speaking difficulty with some vague claim that "evil Liberals", of which I am not one regardless of your own views, think he is dumb????

I am well aware that Gobbles post was meant as an attack. However, MY question was specifically written to NOT be an attack, but to question why Bush is such a poor public speaker. Period, end of story, NO other adgenda.

Let me make a few things clear you arrogant schmuck. I don&#39;t need the Liberal media OR Right Wing Radio to get my opinions or views, and if that bothers you, too damn bad. For the record, I loved Reagan and would vote for his rotting corpse over John Kerry even today. I never thought Reagan was dumb, in fact quite the opposite, I think he was one of the shrewdest, most tacticly gifted leader America had in the entire century. So take you partisan blindness Shakin, and shove it right up you whiny "woo-is-me, stop the liberals form picking on me" arse&#33;&#33;&#33;

Fact is, I have simply heard enough of his speeches to know he is an abysmal public speaker who mangles words and phrases left and right. Are you actually denying that fact?? Does your own partisan beliefs really deafen you that much??

If you cannot answer the question with an intelligent and reasonable reason (and non-partisan) post, and political anger is all you have to offer Shakin, then you are simply not worth reading. Sorry.

[quote][b]"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -- President George W. Bush, August 5th, 2004.[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    whining? Yeah, ok. Keep projecting.

What answers were you expecting to your post? "He has marbles in his mouth"?

How the hell do you know his speaking style was more polished in his younger days? He is what he is. And frankly, he freaking SCHOOLED the "ultra-intelligent" Mr. Gore in the debates.

The tone of my response is driven by the complete and utter refusal of people like yourself to acknowledge the obvious: that the Democrats have a tremendous and undeniable ally in the major media, and this bull**** article that started this thread is another shining example of it all.

Yet you fall for it hook, line and sinker, and want to engage in a "civil debate over what could be causing poor Mr. Bush&#39;s malapropisms," as if your question leaves the door open for any other rumination other than that the guy is losing his mind...PLAYING RIGHT INTO the garbage that&#39;s manifesting itself, on cue, from scumbags like the writer of the article.

Maybe my "head up your ass" comment was too strong -- I believe you&#39;re a smart guy, and well-spoken. You are just blatantly disingenuous. You pretend to be somewhere in the middle, yet look at the freakin quote you post in your signature&#33;&#33; Why did you choose that one? Why not "I actually did vote for the 87 billion, before I voted against it?"

Or why not "This is still the greatest country in the world, if we just will steel our wills and lose our minds" (Bill Clinton...quote never got play in major media)

or why not "They&#39;ve managed to keep their unemployment low, although their overall unemployment is high" (another Bill Clinton blunder, ignored by the media)

or why not "A zebra cannot change it&#39;s spots" (by Al Gore, gee, never got play in the major media)

Getting the irony of your response and your signature quote in the context of this thread yet, fish?

BTW Just because someone schools you doesn&#39;t mean they&#39;re arrogant.

[quote][b]How the hell do you know his speaking style was more polished in his younger days? [/b][/quote]

I have seen old footage of him speaking and I was quite impressed by his style. I said "Hey, he doesn&#39;t look like a ****ing moron&#33;""What gives"

[quote][b]that the Democrats have a tremendous and undeniable ally in the major media, and this bull**** article that started this thread is another shining example of it [/b][/quote]

Salon.com is major media?? What brand of happy drug have you been taking. Instead of raising questions about Bush&#39;s guard attendance the "liberal" media has been focusing on the authenticity of some bull**** memo. Instead of inquiring further on the allegations made by Kelley, the "liberal" media is excoriating her. They did not devote this much attention to debunking the swift boat liars for truth and in fact they refused to believe the debunkers. They give Bush a pass on everything, from the plame leak to the PDB&#39;s. It&#39;s always somebody else&#39;s fault with this guy, the buck stops over there. Give me a huge break one time.

BTW, if the article was about Kerry, it would be the lead story on every network news show. And you know that.

"Liberal" media....sheeeit.