Thread: Iran approves of Farenhiet 9-11

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040915/lf_afp/afplifestyle_iran_us]http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...festyle_iran_us[/url]

So now we have Hezbollah, Hamas, liberal American traitors and now Iran loving this film. Nice.

All League
    [quote][b]So now we have Hezbollah, Hamas, liberal American traitors and now Iran loving this film. Nice.

[/b][/quote]

If you actually read the article, many people were dissapointed. They said that they see every American movie that is shown at the theatre. One person said they should have seen Kill Bill instead. Its only playing in 2 theatres in the entire country. One person was even quoted and sounded exactly like a republican.

"It sure is a great country, where someone like Moore trashes the president and gets away with it -- and makes so much money!"

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 05:09 PM
    [b] [quote][b]So now we have Hezbollah, Hamas, liberal American traitors and now Iran loving this film. Nice.

[/b][/quote]

If you actually read the article, many people were dissapointed. They said that they see every American movie that is shown at the theatre. One person said they should have seen Kill Bill instead. Its only playing in 2 theatres in the entire country. One person was even quoted and sounded exactly like a republican.

"It sure is a great country, where someone like Moore trashes the president and gets away with it -- and makes so much money!" [/b][/quote]
    Do you know how many American films aren't allowed to be shown in Iran?

The Iranian gov't isn't showing this because they are a fan of America, it just so happens there are some fairly intelligent people over there who see this for the trash it truly is. However you can put the Iranian gov't in the Farenheit 9-11 fan club and that speaks volumes.

Perhaps I am a little comfused....

What purpose does it serve Iran to come out in favor of F9/11??? Does the Iranian leadership think their support of the film will help get rid of Bush, and a possible Bush-led invasion of Iran in his second term (something openly discussed by Republican leadership)??

Would it not be a smarter move for Iran to say nothing/show nothing when it comes to F9/11, especially if they support Kerry/the Democrats as some claim?? You would think they would realize their support comes as a neagative in the USA. You would think, with that fact in mind, that if they favor Kerry over Bush, they wouldn't play it, endorse it or allow it to be seen. Surely the propaganda value is minimal when compared to their own State run television and constant "forced message".

The only conclusion I can see is that they either are quite stupid, tacticly, in Iran, or they do not support Kerry as much as some claim.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 05:29 PM
    [b] Perhaps I am a little comfused....

What purpose does it serve Iran to come out in favor of F9/11??? Does the Iranian leadership think their support of the film will help get rid of Bush, and a possible Bush-led invasion of Iran in his second term (something openly discussed by Republican leadership)??

Would it not be a smarter move for Iran to say nothing/show nothing when it comes to F9/11, especially if they support Kerry/the Democrats as some claim?? You would think they would realize their support comes as a neagative in the USA. You would think, with that fact in mind, that if they favor Kerry over Bush, they wouldn't play it, endorse it or allow it to be seen. Surely the propaganda value is minimal when compared to their own State run television and constant "forced message".

The only conclusion I can see is that they either are quite stupid, tacticly, in Iran, or they do not support Kerry as much as some claim. [/b][/quote]
    More propaganda to feed the masses. How that confuses you confuses me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 15 2004, 06:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 15 2004, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 05:29 PM

Would it not be a smarter move for Iran to say nothing/show nothing when it comes to F9/11, especially if they support Kerry/the Democrats as some claim?? You would think they would realize their support comes as a neagative in the USA. You would think, with that fact in mind, that if they favor Kerry over Bush, they wouldn&#39;t play it, endorse it or allow it to be seen. Surely the propaganda value is minimal when compared to their own State run television and constant "forced message".

The only conclusion I can see is that they either are quite stupid, tacticly, in Iran, or they do not support Kerry as much as some claim. [/b][/quote]
    More propaganda to feed the masses. How that confuses you confuses me. [/b][/quote]
    Time for Fishman to cut bait and try a different Lure&#33;&#33; :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 15 2004, 05:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 15 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 05:29 PM

Would it not be a smarter move for Iran to say nothing/show nothing when it comes to F9/11, especially if they support Kerry/the Democrats as some claim?? You would think they would realize their support comes as a neagative in the USA. You would think, with that fact in mind, that if they favor Kerry over Bush, they wouldn&#39;t play it, endorse it or allow it to be seen. Surely the propaganda value is minimal when compared to their own State run television and constant "forced message".

More propaganda to feed the masses. How that confuses you confuses me. [/b][/quote]
    No, I totally get that purpose pope-ster. But would they really need it is my question. Don;t they already dominate all entertainment/news withinin Iran? If so, why do they need more, especially more made by an evil American (remember, to Iran, all Americans are evil, at least in their propaganda).

Now I know you all think I am trying to bait you, but I am not at all (Damn yall, why don&#39;t you just try and trust that I am on the up and up just once, lol).

Put yourself in their position (hard to do, I know). You are pro-Keryr and Anti-Bush. Would YOU run F9/11 in your nation, a nation Americans hate and fear?? I know I sure wouldn&#39;t, not if I supported (even in secret) the candidacy of John Kerry. They have to know that playing F9/11 hurts Kerry&#39;s chances (as it appears to be support for him).

Maybe they don&#39;t think crap like that through all the way, I don;t know, but it seems counter productive (given their massive existing propaganda) to their goals of getting Bush out and Kerry in.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Has anyone ever watched "Link TV"? It is actually a radical left station on Direct TV, funded by the likes of Mother Jones magazine.

(They had a special on the workfare system NYC implemented to make able bodied welfare recipients actually "work" for their welfare. One of the highlights of the show was a young women complaining she was told in essence to set up her college class schedule around work- as though none of us who worked our way through college has had that plight.)

Occasionally I&#39;ll flip through it and find a halfway decent-tolerable show.

They have a segment called "Mossaic" where they travel around the Arab countries and show the first 10-minutes of the news braodcasts...anyway I saw it on Monday when they were rebroadcasting the newscasts that took place 9-11-2004 and rehashing what happened in America on Saturday....as you would expect countries like Yeman, UAB, Eygpt were considerate to the ongoings while Syrian and Iranian news went out of their way to basically say America got what it deserved on 9-11. Iranian TV then went on to talk of the "two unjustified wars in Afgahnistan and Iraq" that took place after 9-11.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 15 2004, 06:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Sep 15 2004, 06:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by pope@Sep 15 2004, 05:36 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Warfish[/i]@Sep 15 2004, 05:29 PM

No, I totally get that purpose pope-ster. But would they really need it is my question. Don;t they already dominate all entertainment/news withinin Iran? If so, why do they need more, especially more made by an evil American (remember, to Iran, all Americans are evil, at least in their propaganda).

Now I know you all think I am trying to bait you, but I am not at all (Damn yall, why don&#39;t you just try and trust that I am on the up and up just once, lol).

Put yourself in their position (hard to do, I know). You are pro-Keryr and Anti-Bush. Would YOU run F9/11 in your nation, a nation Americans hate and fear?? I know I sure wouldn&#39;t, not if I supported (even in secret) the candidacy of John Kerry. They have to know that playing F9/11 hurts Kerry&#39;s chances (as it appears to be support for him).

Maybe they don&#39;t think crap like that through all the way, I don;t know, but it seems counter productive (given their massive existing propaganda) to their goals of getting Bush out and Kerry in. [/b][/quote]
    Do they need it? NO

Do they want to show their masses that even some of our own think the same way they (meaning their gov&#39;t and the fundamentalist) do. YES.

Pleeeeeease the more anti-American sentiment out there the better off they think they and Kerry are.