Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraq reconstruction botched

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-09-15-sens-iraq_x.htm]http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/20...sens-iraq_x.htm[/url]

[quote][b]

"it is not a pretty picture"

"beyond pitiful and embarrassing; it is now in the zone of dangerous." - Richard Lugar, GOP

The two witnesses — Ronald Schlicher, deputy assistant secretary of State for the Iraq bureau, and Joseph Bowab, deputy assistant secretary for foreign assistance programs and budget — conceded under questioning that the administration has fallen short of benchmarks touted over the past year:

[/b][/quote]

while chuckleheads are obsessing over kinko-gate the real story is how poorly this administration has done in many aspects of government... both at home and in the nations we have chosen to "reconstruct."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should have carpet bombed Fallujah, Sadr City and a few other places 8 months ago.

But I think we all know why that wasn't done.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    What's up with Sandy Berger? Enquiring minds want to know.

I wonder how much Reconstruction after the Civil War cost. Probably too much. We should have just let the Confederates secede. It would have prevented alot of unnecassary death and work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why should they have carpet bombed those cities?..
    why should they still be there? Why were they there on the first place?
    Who the Fu-k is america to decide how Iraqui people should live?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 02:41 AM
    [b] They should have carpet bombed Fallujah, Sadr City and a few other places 8 months ago.

But I think we all know why that wasn't done. [/b][/quote]
    Thats a damn good question that needs answering.

I mean come-on we've only killed 30,000 civilians. They could sustain massive bombings on their major cities. The survivors would understand that it was all for the best, and would have no resentment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carpet bombing is the most intelligent way to win the hearts and minds..come on...
    we are fighting a historic battle...it's historic b/c we attacked someone who never attacked us!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 12:41 AM
    [b] But I think we all know why that wasn't done. [/b][/quote]
    bman and section109 thank you for re-enforcing that statement.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This war is f'ed up. The Iraquis dont want us there, there is massive resistance and we never secured any city beyond Baghdad. Now we are stuck there shifting money from reconstruction to Oil pipeline repair. We are screwed in Iraq...like it or not we are there for the next 5-10 years. We will see many american soldiers die for these iraqui scumbags. Will any of these beheading bastards be brough to justice? probably not. Will Zarquawi be caught? probably not, if caught he will probably be killed.

We cant abandon Iraq....if we pick up and leave now...you will see Iraq become the hot bed of Al Qadea and a new taliban. We are screwed because the insurgents' action is only lengthening our occupation.

LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed..
    if you run now, iraq will become afghanistan 96-01...
    Saddam at least had that place under control!
    bush-cheney made a mess of it..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Sep 16 2004, 09:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Sep 16 2004, 09:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 02:41 AM
    [b] They should have carpet bombed Fallujah, Sadr City and a few other places 8 months ago.

But I think we all know why that wasn&#39;t done. [/b][/quote]
    Thats a damn good question that needs answering.

I mean come-on we&#39;ve only killed 30,000 civilians. They could sustain massive bombings on their major cities. The survivors would understand that it was all for the best, and would have no resentment. [/b][/quote]
    30,000 civs killed? Wow..where&#39;d you gett that number? The same source who told you Michael Moore-on was a jew??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    un, red cross and a bunch of other outlets who aren&#39;t controlled by the gop...

the us has killed more civilians than all the islamic terror groups combined&#33;
    f-a-holes

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 10:53 AM
    [b] un, red cross and a bunch of other outlets who aren&#39;t controlled by the gop...

the us has killed more civilians than all the islamic terror groups combined&#33;
    f-a-holes [/b][/quote]
    hating America is kool eh, bman??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I HATE The America who LIED to YOU and attacked a country for no reason..who thinks they are GOD and has the right to control how a foriegn country should live..I hate the America that has killed 30000 innocent people..I hate the America that has weakened us and sidelined our allies...I hate the America that has killed our Soldier for NO reason...I do hate that america..I hate the America that went to war with NO Plan other than "it will be a cake walk&#39;.That america is the Bush admin...

I love America.....THat is why I WILL VOTE AGAINST BUSH..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:01 AM
    [b] I HATE The America who LIED to YOU and attacked a country for no reason..who thinks they are GOD and has the right to control how a foriegn country should live..I hate the America that has killed 30000 innocent people..I hate the America that has weakened us and sidelined our allies...I hate the America that has killed our Soldier for NO reason...I do hate that america..I hate the America that went to war with NO Plan other than "it will be a cake walk&#39;.That america is the Bush admin...

I love America.....THat is why I WILL VOTE AGAINST BUSH.. [/b][/quote]
    did you HATE your english teacher as well?? ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] I HATE The America who LIED to YOU and attacked a country for no reason..who thinks they are GOD and has the right to control how a foriegn country should live..I hate the America that has killed 30000 innocent people..I hate the America that has weakened us and sidelined our allies...I hate the America that has killed our Soldier for NO reason...I do hate that america..I hate the America that went to war with NO Plan other than "it will be a cake walk&#39;.That america is the Bush admin...

Kids...please don&#39;t do drugs&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a little al gore reved up there didn&#39;t I&#33;

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

you go, bman&#33; Preach on brother. It&#39;s obvious to Bush supporters that the lives of Americans and Iraqis both are not sacred. Only keeping the chimp in power matters&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez+Sep 16 2004, 01:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JoeyStylez @ Sep 16 2004, 01:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:01 AM

you go, bman&#33; Preach on brother. It&#39;s obvious to Bush supporters that the lives of Americans and Iraqis both are not sacred. Only keeping the chimp in power matters&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Another Bman follower...how cute :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Sep 16 2004, 04:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Sep 16 2004, 04:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JoeyStylez@Sep 16 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:01 AM

you go, bman&#33; Preach on brother. It&#39;s obvious to Bush supporters that the lives of Americans and Iraqis both are not sacred. Only keeping the chimp in power matters&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Another Bman follower...how cute :D [/b][/quote]
    Thats Bmans other Half.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetman67+Sep 16 2004, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetman67 @ Sep 16 2004, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan@Sep 16 2004, 04:11 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by JoeyStylez@Sep 16 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:01 AM

Another Bman follower...how cute :D [/b][/quote]
    Thats Bmans other Half. [/b][/quote]
    I was wondering about that......so many names, so little intelligence, LOL&#33; Sorry bman, couldn;t resist&#33; LOL&#33; :P