Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumsfeld

All League
    Anyone see The Daily Show last night. Here is an article on Rumsfeld's screwup.

Rumsfeld mixes up U.S. foes Saddam and bin Laden
    10 Sep 2004 19:37:57 GMT

Source: Reuters

WASHINGTON, Sept 10 (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld mixed up al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and deposed Iraqi President Saddam Hussein twice in a speech on Friday about the war against terrorism.

Critics accuse the Bush administration of having concentrated on going after Saddam at the expense of the hunt for bin Laden whose al Qaeda network carried out the Sept. 11 attacks.

Saddam is imprisoned after being captured by U.S. forces in Iraq, while bin Laden has not been found.

In a speech to the National Press Club on the eve of the third anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, Rumsfeld began by saying the world just before the attacks was not as serene as some people now suggest.

"The leader of the opposition Northern Alliance, Masood, lay dead, his murder ordered by Saddam Hussein, by Osama bin Laden, Taliban's co-conspirator," Rumsfeld said.

He was referring to Ahmad Shah Masood who was in opposition to the ruling Taliban in Afghanistan and was killed by al Qaeda two days before the Sept. 11 attacks.

Later in responding to a question, Rumsfeld again confused Saddam and bin Laden in a discourse about how U.S. and coalition actions had made it more difficult for terrorists to operate.

"It's harder for them to travel between countries, it's harder for them to communicate with each other, it's harder for them to raise money, it's harder for them to transfer money, it's harder for them to buy weapons, it's harder for them to do everything," Rumsfeld said.

"Saddam Hussein, if he's alive, is spending a whale of a lot of time trying to not get caught. And we've not seen him on a video since 2001," Rumsfeld said.

"Now, he's got to be busy. Why is he busy? It's because of the pressure that's being put on him," he added.

The moderator later asked Rumsfeld if he had meant bin Laden, and the defense secretary replied: "I did. I meant we haven't seen Osama bin Laden."

what an idiot..
    he's one of those fools who was foaming at the mouth for a decade to get Iraq..
    he signed the now famous letter to Clinton in 97..he/wolfiwitz,pearl, cheney, feith...
    saying they would support Clinton if he attacked iraq..

you would think Saddam raped their mothers !!
    this loser also asked 'Can we tie this to S.H." (saddam Hussein) at about 10:30 on the morning of 9-11-01!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:08 AM
    [b] you would think Saddam raped their mothers !!
    [/b][/quote]
    Not theirs but plenty of Iraqi's. Somehow that doesn't seem to bother you bman.

Oh yah I forgot, Iraq under Hussein was Disneyworld in your eyes.

so Now that's why we spent 200 billion and 1000 dead us soldiers to stop Saddams sons from supposedly raping iraqui women!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[img]http://www.louisiana4kerry.org/Teresa.JPG[/img]

[b]You're getting sleeepy, sleeepy...you will bow to every single word I tell you....you will surrender your being to me....[/b]

i agree with you there!
    why does she campaign!

Pre-emption bman pre-emption.

they weren't our enemy bro!

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b] Pre-emption bman pre-emption. [/b][/quote]
    As long as you are consistent in your belief in "pre-Emption" pope. I expect to see you leading the charge for pre-emptive invasions on Iran, Syria, North Korea and China on this board. All of those nations are bigger potential threads to the US than Iraq was.

Consistency of view, right.

let's not forget those evil Cubans!
    and leftist Spanish!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 16 2004, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Sep 16 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:49 AM
    As long as you are consistent in your belief in "pre-Emption" pope. I expect to see you leading the charge for pre-emptive invasions on Iran, Syria, North Korea and China on this board. All of those nations are bigger potential threads to the US than Iraq was.

Consistency of view, right. [/b][/quote]
    heyhee heyhee heyhee...world domination is next...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 16 2004, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Sep 16 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:49 AM

Don&#39;t count on it, Warfish. People like pope are so gung-ho about this war and about pre-emptive strikes but they&#39;re certainly not lining up to fight these wars. It&#39;s all good as long as somebody else does the dying.

Just think...if North Korea delcared war on the USA tomorrow, the&#39;re be no way for us to mount an effective defense, thanks to Vietnam II. And unlike Iraq, N Korea really DOES have the capacity to make mushroom clouds appear over our cities. Too bad people don&#39;t think anymore.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez+Sep 16 2004, 01:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JoeyStylez @ Sep 16 2004, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Sep 16 2004, 01:19 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:49 AM

Don&#39;t count on it, Warfish. People like pope are so gung-ho about this war and about pre-emptive strikes but they&#39;re certainly not lining up to fight these wars. It&#39;s all good as long as somebody else does the dying.

Just think...if North Korea delcared war on the USA tomorrow, the&#39;re be no way for us to mount an effective defense, thanks to Vietnam II. And unlike Iraq, N Korea really DOES have the capacity to make mushroom clouds appear over our cities. Too bad people don&#39;t think anymore. [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t wait for Pope&#39;s response to this dunghole.....

pope&#39;s response will be about as insightful as a fart&#33;
    "saadm was bad"..he tortured plympic athletes&#33;&#33;
    that sums up Pope&#39;s response&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Sep 16 2004, 01:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY &#064; Sep 16 2004, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JoeyStylez@Sep 16 2004, 01:31 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Sep 16 2004, 01:19 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 11:49 AM

Just think...if North Korea delcared war on the USA tomorrow, the&#39;re be no way for us to mount an effective defense, thanks to Vietnam II. And unlike Iraq, N Korea really DOES have the capacity to make mushroom clouds appear over our cities. Too bad people don&#39;t think anymore. [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t wait for Pope&#39;s response to this dunghole..... [/b][/quote]
    Not even worth it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 01:59 PM
    [b] Not even worth it. [/b][/quote]
    No no no pope, you&#39;re not getting off the hook this time. Don&#39;t give me the typical GOP response and not give an answer. Go ahead, give me a response..an itelligent one. I&#39;ll listen and respond in kind. I want to hear what you have to say about leading the charge. Come on. I thought Republicans were tough guys&#33;

NE Hick, instead of swinging on pope&#39;s nutsack begging him for a response, why don&#39;t you give a response yourself? You are capable of just such a thing, are you not? Hello, McFly?

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez+Sep 16 2004, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JoeyStylez @ Sep 16 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 01:59 PM
    No no no pope, you&#39;re not getting off the hook this time. Don&#39;t give me the typical GOP response and not give an answer. Go ahead, give me a response..an itelligent one. I&#39;ll listen and respond in kind. I want to hear what you have to say about leading the charge. Come on. I thought Republicans were tough guys&#33;

NE Hick, instead of swinging on pope&#39;s nutsack begging him for a response, why don&#39;t you give a response yourself? You are capable of just such a thing, are you not? Hello, McFly? [/b][/quote]
    bman, is this your twin brother?

[quote][i]Originally posted by JoeyStylez+Sep 16 2004, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JoeyStylez &#064; Sep 16 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 01:59 PM
    No no no pope, you&#39;re not getting off the hook this time. Don&#39;t give me the typical GOP response and not give an answer. Go ahead, give me a response..an itelligent one. I&#39;ll listen and respond in kind. I want to hear what you have to say about leading the charge. Come on. I thought Republicans were tough guys&#33; [/b][/quote]
    If you knew a little about me or my family you&#39;d stop while you&#39;re behind. You haven&#39;t a clue little man, just be happy there are some willing to protect even scum like yourself.

scumbag&#33;
    now that&#39;s nice..

The US soldiers Bush sent to Die in Iraq are not dying for me or you..They are dying so some oil exective can drill safely in Basra..

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Sep 16 2004, 02:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Sep 16 2004, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by JoeyStylez@Sep 16 2004, 02:17 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-pope[/i]@Sep 16 2004, 01:59 PM
    No no no pope, you&#39;re not getting off the hook this time. Don&#39;t give me the typical GOP response and not give an answer. Go ahead, give me a response..an itelligent one. I&#39;ll listen and respond in kind. I want to hear what you have to say about leading the charge. Come on. I thought Republicans were tough guys&#33; [/b][/quote]
    If you knew a little about me or my family you&#39;d stop while you&#39;re behind. You haven&#39;t a clue little man, just be happy there are some willing to protect even scum like yourself. [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re right pope, some of us here don&#39;t know you in the real world or your family. Personally, I would be interested to hear what you had to say, re: defending freedom and the USA. I was unaware you, or members of your family, were in the Millitary. If you don&#39;t mind my asking, where and what did you do, where have you served?

By the way, I know it&#39;s sometimes hard to gauge my intent when I ask a question. This is in no way an attack on you or your views, just interest in what you have done, millitary service wise. Just so I am being clear (or at least trying to be, LOL&#33;)