Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breaking news..Saddam MAY have worshipped satan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does that Justify the war...maybe for hick...
    NO WMD's
    NO attack on America....
    I think it's time for Bush to apologise to the mothers and fathers whose sons were sent to die for nothing..
    Be a man Bush...Apologise.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bman, If you are going to make the exact same post every day, I am going to have to waste my time merging the topics. If you really need to bring up the same stuff just bump your old post to the top. Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:11 AM
    [b] Does that Justify the war...maybe for hick...
    NO WMD's
    NO attack on America....
    I think it's time for Bush to apologise to the mothers and fathers whose sons were sent to die for nothing..
    Be a man Bush...Apologise. [/b][/quote]
    bman you are too much :D

God's on Bush's side you know that

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The idea of the war was and is right, the execution of the plan left alot to be desired.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 17 2004, 09:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 17 2004, 09:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:11 AM
    NO WMD&#39;s
    NO attack on America....
    I think it&#39;s time for Bush to apologise to the mothers and fathers whose sons were sent to die for nothing..

God&#39;s on Bush&#39;s side you know that [/b][/quote]
    You know, as much as it bothers me to agree with my vaunted Extreme Right-Wing debate opponents, I DO agree with them that IF there is a God, Creator, Supremem Being (pick your diety), he would be on America&#39;s side in any America vs. Saddam/Iraq conflict. Morally, for all the mistakes we may make, and the innocents we may kill (an issue I grapple with), out INTENTIONS are good and moral and right, 99.9% of the time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 17 2004, 09:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish @ Sep 17 2004, 09:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 17 2004, 09:12 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:11 AM
    NO WMD&#39;s
    NO attack on America....
    I think it&#39;s time for Bush to apologise to the mothers and fathers whose sons were sent to die for nothing..

You know, as much as it bothers me to agree with my vaunted Extreme Right-Wing debate opponents, I DO agree with them that IF there is a God, Creator, Supremem Being (pick your diety), he would be on America&#39;s side in any America vs. Saddam/Iraq conflict. Morally, for all the mistakes we may make, and the innocents we may kill (an issue I grapple with), out INTENTIONS are good and moral and right, 99.9% of the time. [/b][/quote]
    I dont believe in religious debate because religion is personal to people and their really is no debate over what people have faith in. My response was more sarcastic about Bush 43 insistance on using religious beliefs to effect public policy.

Also, I think if there is a almighty one looking down on us, he doesnt choose sides.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Sep 17 2004, 08:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Sep 17 2004, 08:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Warfish@Sep 17 2004, 09:17 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Sep 17 2004, 09:12 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:11 AM
    NO WMD&#39;s
    NO attack on America....

You know, as much as it bothers me to agree with my vaunted Extreme Right-Wing debate opponents, I DO agree with them that IF there is a God, Creator, Supremem Being (pick your diety), he would be on America&#39;s side in any America vs. Saddam/Iraq conflict. Morally, for all the mistakes we may make, and the innocents we may kill (an issue I grapple with), out INTENTIONS are good and moral and right, 99.9% of the time. [/b][/quote]
    I dont believe in religious debate because religion is personal to people and their really is no debate over what people have faith in. My response was more sarcastic about Bush 43 insistance on using religious beliefs to effect public policy.

Also, I think if there is a almighty one looking down on us, he doesnt choose sides. [/b][/quote]
    So now Bush fought the war because of his religious beliefs? :rolleyes:

Man when are you guys going to realize that he is not the religious nut that you atheists make him out to be. Most of the issues where he accused of making decisions based on religion can also be backed up by other information besides religious account.

With that said, please show me exactly where Bush has made decisions that could only be justified by his religion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    constitutional ban on gay marriage...
    wanting to criminalize ALL abortions..
    Providing money to CHRISTIAN charities...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:03 AM
    [b] constitutional ban on gay marriage...
    Providing money to CHRISTIAN charities... [/b][/quote]
    Again, all of those can be defended from a non-religious stand-point.

Marriage is believed by many people who dont happen to follow any religion that it is strictly the union between a man and a woman. In fact, this stance is more or less a defense of keeping the typical family structure together. If looked at simply, Bush is doing this because of the Bible (even though I thought he couldnt read :rolleyes: ) But this could also be argued from a traditionalists stand-point who believes since marriage has always been between a man and a woman, why should it change? Not saying I agree with this stance, just arguing against this being solely a religious issue.

Abortion is falsely tagged as a religious issue, when it is not. Typically, those who are religious defend it but if you read up on it, it is a matter of science. Doctors are proving that these fetus&#39; arent just fetus&#39; but are living creatures. So if the fetus&#39; are babies during pregnancy, isnt it murder to terminate thier lives? Murder is certainly not a Christian crime, is it?

And when you mention a topic, tell the whole story. He is funding Christian school PROGRAMS. He was funding programs to preach absistence to try to prevent teenage pregnancies. Are Christians the only ones who dont want to see teens get pregnant? Yes, he probably shouldve gone to other places for these programs. However, as a Christian (yes, now you are going to hear me talk about religion affecting him) you are not supposed to believe in birth control like condoms or pills, but the only way to prevent pregnancy is by not having sex (or planning it out right when the woman cant be pregnant). Not sure how many other places besides the church wouldve accepted Mr. Bush&#39;s abstinence program.

Anything else :P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the people who support those issue are from the Far religious right..as is bush&#39;s backing of those issues...
    MOST american do NOT want to criminalize abortion...Look at GOP website..They DO&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b] the people who support those issue are from the Far religious right..as is bush&#39;s backing of those issues...
    MOST american do NOT want to criminalize abortion...Look at GOP website..They DO&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I am not from the religious right and I support some of those issues. I havent gone to church in God knows how long (no pun intended) and yet I support what soem of the religious issues. Just because people from the religious sect supports you doesnt mean that you are a religious.

Since a large faction of atheists support Kerry, does that automatically make Kerry an atheist nut?

And please address my initial post, all those issues were broken down without being argued using religion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 10:03 AM
    [b]constitutional ban on gay marriage...
    Providing money to CHRISTIAN charities...[/b][/quote]
    The first two are the REAL reason I&#39;m voting for Bush--as for the third, I&#39;m not a big supporter of it. The idea is alright, but when gov. gets involved with anything, it gets screwed up big time and some crook finds a way of lining his/her pocket at taxpayer expense.

All things being equal, if Bush and Kerry swapped on the first two issues, then I&#39;d vote Kerry.

BTW, all Muslims worship Satan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    are a closet gay or something&#33;
    you are voting for Bush b/c he wants to ban gay marriage&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 10:36 AM
    [b] are a closet gay or something&#33;
    you are voting for Bush b/c he wants to ban gay marriage&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Nope, just a Bible-believing Christian and a sinner saved by God&#39;s grace.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is your opinion..But in America (as in Saddam&#39;s Iraq) we have a separtion of Church and State..Countries who do not (Saudi Arabia), (taliban afghan) are actually the enemy&#33;

So it is Unamerican for Bush to try and govern America with his biblical beliefs..HE ACTUALLY believed that God told him to fight Saddam...
    he is a nut

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 10:49 AM
    [b] That is your opinion..But in America (as in Saddam&#39;s Iraq) we have a separtion of Church and State..Countries who do not (Saudi Arabia), (taliban afghan) are actually the enemy&#33;

So it is Unamerican for Bush to try and govern America with his biblical beliefs..HE ACTUALLY believed that God told him to fight Saddam...
    he is a nut [/b][/quote]
    And you have proof that God didn&#39;t?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES I do..It&#39;s called reality..
    So god saved you but not 30,000 innocent iraquis...hog wash ..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by asuusa+Sep 17 2004, 10:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (asuusa @ Sep 17 2004, 10:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 10:36 AM
    Nope, just a Bible-believing Christian and a sinner saved by God&#39;s grace. [/b][/quote]
    Christians = Catholic Light.....1/2 the Religion, Twice the Flavor :lol: :lol:

There, that should start some "skuff&#39;lin" LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P :lol: (for the record, I was raised in a strict Roman Catholic household.)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 09:49 AM
    [b]That is your opinion..But in America (as in Saddam&#39;s Iraq) we have a separtion of Church and State..Countries who do not (Saudi Arabia), (taliban afghan) are actually the enemy&#33;

he is a nut[/b][/quote]
    A good chunk of people think that this government runs itself solely on the principles of a certain religious view. This is a big misconception, particularly among agnostics and atheists. And if we were really running this country based on religious principles, people would be smote - yes, I said smote - for speaking out against its government because if the government is bad, then their religion is bad. Hey, didn&#39;t we just free people from that in another country? Two countries? Hmm...

Anyway, back to my main point: what the separation part really entails is that the state cannot create its own church, which is what Henry did when he created the Church of England. I don&#39;t see President Bush constantly pushing a Christian "agenda" on every soul in America. If he was, he wouldn&#39;t be President. (He&#39;d be a televangelist.)

I find it refreshing to have an actual practicing Christian in the White House. At least he knows who butters his bread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish+Sep 17 2004, 10:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Warfish &#064; Sep 17 2004, 10:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[quote]Originally posted by asuusa@Sep 17 2004, 10:45 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 17 2004, 10:36 AM
    Nope, just a Bible-believing Christian and a sinner saved by God&#39;s grace. [/b][/quote]
    Christians = Catholic Light.....1/2 the Religion, Twice the Flavor :lol: :lol:

There, that should start some "skuff&#39;lin" LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :P :lol: (for the record, I was raised in a strict Roman Catholic household.)[/b][/quote]
    Actually, that&#39;s the Episcopals. It was a joke in the last Robin Williams&#39; special. Speaking of jokes, here&#39;s a good one:

What&#39;s the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist?

Methodists can actually read.

(I grew up in a Baptist household. I can be denominationally jocular as well. :D )