Thread: FF trade i need some serious advice

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    my team looked great at the offset but now with a few injuries I have been demolished and left very thin.

quick breakdown:

QB - peyton M, hasselback, plummer
    RB - dillon, garner, lee suggs
    WR - holt, JMAc, calico, CROG (out), galloway (out), givens

ok so to salvage something and make a swing I'm really contemplating givnig up manning for hines ward and thomas jones. Plummer takes mannings spot as the sporter. I get two good players for one and hopefully salvage something

should i do it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you really dont need both Hassleback and Manning. Both are top tier QB's and plummers a fine backup. You look like you need a RB more than a WR, even though you do need a WR pretty bad. Try and trade Manning for a stud RB straight up. But the Hines Ward/Thomas Jones deal isnt to shabby. Shop around before you accept though.

eLOT

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Chad@Sep 17 2004, 11:28 AM
    my team looked great at the offset but now with a few injuries I have been demolished and left very thin.

quick breakdown:

QB - peyton M, hasselback, plummer
    RB - dillon, garner, lee suggs
    WR - holt, JMAc, calico, CROG (out), galloway (out), givens

ok so to salvage something and make a swing I'm really contemplating givnig up manning for hines ward and thomas jones. Plummer takes mannings spot as the sporter. I get two good players for one and hopefully salvage something

should i do it?
    What does your lineup need ot be? QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, Def??
    Or can you run a flex player between RB and WR (instead of having 3 WR)

I would trade Manning in a heart beat. You have Hasselbeck and QBs usually have the same stats at the end of the year or only vary by very little.
    It looks like you are week at RB so move manning for a top 15 RB (a rb that doesn't share carries).
    You can always pickup a WR. WR are a dime a dozen after the 1st 5. I would recommend picking up D.Terrell from Chicago if available..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can definately win with Hasselback and Plummer. I would try to get Hines (or a comparable WR) and a little more at RB than Jones - as long as A Train is there, who knows how the split of carries will work out. Dont rush into a trade - like elot said, shop around. Find someone who's got a real weakness at QB and try and get a better RB, even straight up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do that trade in a heartbeat. Hasselback with give you enough stats and that trade helps you at two positions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by elot@Sep 17 2004, 11:32 AM
    Dude, you really dont need both Hassleback and Manning. Both are top tier QB's and plummers a fine backup. You look like you need a RB more than a WR, even though you do need a WR pretty bad. Try and trade Manning for a stud RB straight up. But the Hines Ward/Thomas Jones deal isnt to shabby. Shop around before you accept though.

eLOT
    You are absolutely correct.

He would be better off gettting a stud RB for his QB than an average RB and a stud WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys . . . i was also thinking that hasselback is really good and that manning is better trade bait because of the name . . . I'm going to see if i can work out a blockbuster for LT and chad johnson . . . i'll keep you updated

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to do that trade. Ward is consistent and will give you the WR you need, while Jones imho will be the best breakout RB this year. Hasselback and Plummer are still good QBs. Personally though, Id start Hasselback everyday over Plummer. The Seatlle offense is killer.