Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert
    Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries[/b]

POSTED: 5:54 pm EDT September 20, 2004
    UPDATED: 6:10 pm EDT September 20, 2004

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.

[url=http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3746350/detail.html]http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3746350/detail.html[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Sep 20 2004, 10:47 PM
    [b] Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said. [/b][/quote]
    I respectfully disagree with this soldiers mom

The ***** who sucker-punched her son was a coward, no doubt about it ... but the real cowards were all those yellow mutts who witnessed this sneak attack on her son and didn't put that ***** in intensive care

Those people shoulda stomped his guts out

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to have missed the part where it said a liberal was the one who did this. Remember what they say about assuming.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 06:33 AM
    [b] I seem to have missed the part where it said a liberal was the one who did this. Remember what they say about assuming. [/b][/quote]
    yes..I&#39;m sure it was a conservative who hid in the weeds at a Toby Keith concert and attacked the soldier and screaemed profanities. <_<

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is Toby Keith?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    only straw chewin conservative redneck hicks go to toby keith concerts

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 10:27 AM
    [b] only straw chewin conservative redneck hicks go to toby keith concerts [/b][/quote]
    as opposed to the women beaters who&#39;ll be at Jackass Brown&#39;s "vote for kerri" concert?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i didn&#39;t know Kerry was having a concert but that doesn&#39;t change the fact that a toby keith crowd is unlikely to have liberals at it... the overwhelming majority of keith fans are foxNews watching, Rush and Hannity listening bush voters.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 10:27 AM
    [b] only straw chewin conservative redneck hicks go to toby keith concerts [/b][/quote]
    of course the concert was in Columbus, Ohio....a hot bed for straw chewin rednecks right? :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come Back i&#39;ve never been there but i&#39;ve heard it&#39;s the most liberal of the towns in Ohio... still i would imagine that a toby keith show would be far more Bush than Kerry... it&#39;s country music right?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 10:44 PM
    [b] Come Back i&#39;ve never been there but i&#39;ve heard it&#39;s the most liberal of the towns in Ohio... still i would imagine that a toby keith show would be far more Bush than Kerry... it&#39;s country music right? [/b][/quote]
    yes..not my type of music, though everytime I see some country gig on TV there are incredibly hot chicks all around.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the soldier should be thankful that he doesn&#39;t have to go back to the Bush/Cheney created hell hole..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel bad that he might have spent money to go to a Toby Keith concert

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 10:53 AM
    [b] the soldier should be thankful that he doesn&#39;t have to go back to the Bush/Cheney created hell hole.. [/b][/quote]
    The soldier should be thankful that he was sucker punched, beaten and hospitalized when all he was trying to do was enjoy a night out between tours of serving his country? And does the fact that he says, himself, in the article that he wants to go back mean anything to your pea-sized brain?

I&#39;d call you retarded, but I don&#39;t want to insult retards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    his friends did it to him moron..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 11:53 AM
    [b] his friends did it to him moron.. [/b][/quote]
    You have anything to back that up? Or is it just the usual brainless blather of your overactive and underdeveloped imagination?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    would you rather be beat up at Toby keith and spend a night in the Hospital...OR be sent BACK to Iraq to watch your friends die, kill people for no reason..and maybe just maybe have your head cut off?

all so bush can have something to run a reelection capaign on&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 12:07 PM
    [b] would you rather be beat up at Toby keith and spend a night in the Hospital...OR be sent BACK to Iraq to watch your friends die, kill people for no reason..and maybe just maybe have your head cut off?

all so bush can have something to run a reelection capaign on&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Feel free to ignore that the short term would probably be more positive for Bush if not for the Iraq war as the economy would have recovered more and Kerry wouldn&#39;t have the opportunity to argue the war strategy, without which he would have nothing to run on.

Don&#39;t let facts get in the way of a great story.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    w/o Iraq Bush is history...even if he found Bin Laden and sured up afghanistan (rememebr Bin Laden&#33; I thought we were supposed to rebuild afghanistan&#33;)..
    The people of the US would say thanks and let&#39;s move on..

But Bush has somehow convinced 1/2 of American (The dumb half)..That IRAQ is justified and we are are better off letting the energy industry run our country..
    Somehow he&#39;s convinced you that ,forgetting about Bin Laden and Afghanistan and focussing solely on an enemy who really was never our enemy, has made the US safer&#33;&#33;&#33;
    don&#39;t be a little scaredy Cat&#33;
    Bush has weakened our country 10 fold...
    time for bush to go fishing with the other 1 termer in his family...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 01:24 PM
    [b] w/o Iraq Bush is history...even if he found Bin Laden and sured up afghanistan (rememebr Bin Laden&#33; I thought we were supposed to rebuild afghanistan&#33;)..
    The people of the US would say thanks and let&#39;s move on..

But Bush has somehow convinced 1/2 of American (The dumb half)..That IRAQ is justified and we are are better off letting the energy industry run our country..
    Somehow he&#39;s convinced you that ,forgetting about Bin Laden and Afghanistan and focussing solely on an enemy who really was never our enemy, has made the US safer&#33;&#33;&#33;
    don&#39;t be a little scaredy Cat&#33;
    Bush has weakened our country 10 fold...
    time for bush to go fishing with the other 1 termer in his family... [/b][/quote]
    Your simplicity knows no bounds