Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Scott Peterson

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 01:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Smizzy@Sep 21 2004, 01:38 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-dickkotite[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] smizzy thiose things prove NOTHING.

You need evidence. I had 2 bags of concrete in my garage and i forgot what i did with them doesnt mean i killed lennon [/b][/quote]
    This is stupid.

Guy goes fishing on Cristmas eve,doesn&#39;t know what he is fishing for and didn&#39;t have bait and he didn&#39;t even open up his 20 new lurers....Yet he was fishing <_<

Comes home and tells the next door neighbor he was "golfing",then calls his mother in law 45 minutes after he got home and tells her "my wife is missing".

i day later he tells the lead dective to use "cadaver dogs" to find his wife :blink:

I could go on and on all day.

the guy is guilty.....the state might not have the best evidence but he is guilty. [/b][/quote]
    smizzy, i know he did it. thats besides the point.

what i am saying is that they dont have a shred of real evidence to convict him. by law, he must walk. [/b][/quote]
    Ok i agree....the state has *@&^ked this case big time.....Gerogos is the man out there and if i ever kill anybody in cold blood ,i want this guy.

However...this guy is as guilty as TomShane in a room full of glory holes :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:40 PM
    [b] Smizzy...DK is only playing around, even he is not (fill in adjective here). [/b][/quote]
    im not playing around. if i were on the jury, he walks .

even though i "know" in my gut he did it. the law isnt designed to allow jururs to vote with their gut. they have to decide if there is enough evidence and there is really NO evidence.

just because a guy goes out fishing in a new boat, doesnt know what he is doing, returns home to find his wife missing and then sells her watch doesnt mean jack.it only means there are a lot of VERY dumb people in this world

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:37 PM
    [b] no blood was found. if there was and it was a match, then that would be evidence.

just because the guy had chicken wire he is guilty? what a coincidence...i got some chicken wire just yesterday to remove the rear glass out of my mustang project. big deal. i didnt do it.

10 minutes? that doesnt prove anything either. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: ..DK...your killing me&#33;&#33;&#33; And I have your post to prove it&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
    The Professor is in&#33; ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 02:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 02:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Smizzy@Sep 21 2004, 01:38 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-dickkotite[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:33 PM
    [b] smizzy thiose things prove NOTHING.

You need evidence. I had 2 bags of concrete in my garage and i forgot what i did with them doesnt mean i killed lennon [/b][/quote]
    This is stupid.

Guy goes fishing on Cristmas eve,doesn&#39;t know what he is fishing for and didn&#39;t have bait and he didn&#39;t even open up his 20 new lurers....Yet he was fishing <_<

Comes home and tells the next door neighbor he was "golfing",then calls his mother in law 45 minutes after he got home and tells her "my wife is missing".

i day later he tells the lead dective to use "cadaver dogs" to find his wife :blink:

I could go on and on all day.

the guy is guilty.....the state might not have the best evidence but he is guilty. [/b][/quote]
    smizzy, i know he did it. thats besides the point.

what i am saying is that they dont have a shred of real evidence to convict him. by law, he must walk. [/b][/quote]
    Dick&#39;s right... They are lacking that compelling piece of evidence that will nail a conviction. They are totally dependent upon the jury convicting him because they [i][b]think [/b][/i]he&#39;s guilty.

If they go by the letter, this guy walks...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by verdegirl[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:42 PM
    [b] You need to watch Court TV&#33;&#33;&#33; Plenty of cases are tried (with conviction) solely on circumstantial evidence.
    As with OJ if you are rich enough to buy a dream team, you can practically be caught on tape doing it and still get off.
    Oh...BTW...there was PLENTY of blood evidence in the OJ trial...the jury was NEVER going to convict him.
    Sometimes it just comes down to who is sitting in the box. Unfortunate. [/b][/quote]
    there was blood evidence to convict oj BUT there was also clear possibilities that a cop could have set up the blood.

just remember, the glove didnt fit. end of story

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:36 PM
    [b] :ph34r:

with all the lowlife bastards that kill women on a daily basis I still don&#39;tknow why this particular case recieved so much friggin coverage. Does not surprise me if the piece of garbage walks though. [/b][/quote]
    She was 8 months pregnant when she "disappeared" and she is a very pretty girl. I think the fact that she was that far along in her pregnancy and the fact that her husband was never able to be cleared as a suspect kept this in people&#39;s minds.....speaking of; did they ever find Lori Hacking&#39;s body in the landfill yet? I haven&#39;t heard anything else on that story&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 01:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 01:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:40 PM
    [b] Smizzy...DK is only playing around, even he is not (fill in adjective here). [/b][/quote]

even though i "know" in my gut he did it. the law isnt designed to allow jururs to vote with their gut. they have to decide if there is enough evidence and there is really NO evidence.

just because a guy goes out fishing in a new boat, doesnt know what he is doing, returns home to find his wife missing and then sells her watch doesnt mean jack.it only means there are a lot of VERY dumb people in this world [/b][/quote]
    What about seeling her car?

What about trying to sell the house?

What about him renting a retal car 3 different times to drive to the SF bay and sit and watch as dectetives search the bay?

What about him telling the cops he thinks his wife was robbed then killed for her jewlery....the same jewlery they found laid out nicely in her bedroom and in her jewlery box?

What about the fact he kept the purchase of the boat(dec 9th) from everyone in his family,nobodyu knew he even had this boat let alone just bought it.

What about the fact the have evidence he made more than 1 anchor and he can tell them where ther rest of the mix or the actual anchors are?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 02:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-verdegirl[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:42 PM
    [b] You need to watch Court TV&#33;&#33;&#33; Plenty of cases are tried (with conviction) solely on circumstantial evidence.
    As with OJ if you are rich enough to buy a dream team, you can practically be caught on tape doing it and still get off.
    Oh...BTW...there was PLENTY of blood evidence in the OJ trial...the jury was NEVER going to convict him.
    Sometimes it just comes down to who is sitting in the box. Unfortunate. [/b][/quote]
    there was blood evidence to convict oj BUT there was also clear possibilities that a cop could have set up the blood.

just remember, the glove didnt fit. end of story [/b][/quote]
    They framed a guilty man. The rest was fairly predictable given the imbalance in litigation skill in that trial.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they have nothing

scott sells wifes stuff = poor judgement
    scott fishes in sea and wife is floating = its a BIG sea. question the other fishermen too then
    scott cant account for concrete= neither can DK
    scott has chicken wire = so does DK
    scott has mistress= so does 1/3 of all other men
    scott gives info on possibilities, suggests dogs=who wouldnt?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    didn&#39;t he dye his hair and have like &#036;10 grand with him when he was caught?...that doesn&#39;t seem suspicious at all :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] didn&#39;t he dye his hair and have like &#036;10 grand with him when he was caught?...that doesn&#39;t seem suspicious at all :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    AND his brother&#39;s driver&#39;s license and he bought the car in his MOTHER&#39;S name.........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:44 PM
    [b]
    They are totally dependent upon the jury convicting him because they [i][b]think [/b][/i]he&#39;s guilty.

[/b][/quote]

They should just fry this guy.

If they discover they made a mistake they can clear his name at a later date and all will be happy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy+Sep 21 2004, 02:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Smizzy @ Sep 21 2004, 02:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by dickkotite@Sep 21 2004, 01:43 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:40 PM

just because a guy goes out fishing in a new boat, doesnt know what he is doing, returns home to find his wife missing and then sells her watch doesnt mean jack.it only means there are a lot of VERY dumb people in this world [/b][/quote]

What about him renting a retal car 3 different times to drive to the SF bay and sit and watch as dectetives search the bay?

What about him telling the cops he thinks his wife was robbed then killed for her jewlery....the same jewlery they found laid out nicely in her bedroom and in her jewlery box?

What about the fact he kept the purchase of the boat(dec 9th) from everyone in his family,nobodyu knew he even had this boat let alone just bought it.

What about the fact the have evidence he made more than 1 anchor and he can tell them where ther rest of the mix or the actual anchors are? [/b][/quote]
    None of that is compelling evidence.

It makes you think he&#39;s guilty for sure, but you need that one thing that ties him to the murder.

When you are dealing with a Husband, there will always be fibers everywhere and people willing to say this or that.

They need a real witness or some real blood or weapon evidence.

Right now, they got [i]Dick.[/i]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:47 PM
    [b]

REMINDED HIM OF HER

DK SOLD HIS HOUSE TOO

CMON NOW WERE STRETCHING IT HERE

PROVES HE IS INNOCENT. IF HE KNEW THE JEWLERY WAS THERE HE WOULDNT HAVE SAID THAT

"OFFICER MY WIFE IS MISSING. HELP. OH BY THE WAY, YOUVE GOT TO SEE THIS SWEET BOAT I JUST PICKED UP. ITS GOT A LIVEWELL AND A GPS UNIT..."

What about the fact the have evidence he made more than 1 anchor and he can tell them where ther rest of the mix or the actual anchors are?

ANCHORS GET LOST ALL THE TIME. ASK A SAILOR. [/b][/quote]
    PROVES NOTHING

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Sep 21 2004, 02:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Sep 21 2004, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:44 PM
    [b]
    They are totally dependent upon the jury convicting him because they [i][b]think [/b][/i]he&#39;s guilty.

[/b][/quote]

They should just fry this guy.

If they discover they made a mistake they can clear his name at a later date and all will be happy. [/b][/quote]
    Guilty until proven innocent... Interesting concept.

I&#39;d keep looking for evidence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] didn&#39;t he dye his hair and have like &#036;10 grand with him when he was caught?...that doesn&#39;t seem suspicious at all :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    ITS SUSPICIOUS YES but half of holleywood has dyed hair and a load of cash.

also, if i were being suspected of murdering my wife and could tell i was getting hung in national media, europe here i come. ill watch jet games via sattelite

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] Who cares? [/b][/quote]
    Laci Peterson&#39;s family I imagine.

I gotta agree with Dick. About the only thing you can truly prove he is guilty of is being a moron.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is just FULL of LIES.....he told his sister-in-law he was going golfing, that is why she asked him to pick up a gift for the grandfather for Christmas. He doesn&#39;t go golfing, he apparently went fishing instead.....w/out knowing what he was fishing for and the proper bait&#33; If you are INNOCENT, you don&#39;t have that many stories/cover-ups&#33; :wacko:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:55 PM
    [b]
    Guilty until proven innocent... Interesting concept.

[/b][/quote]
    that is exactly what I said to get out of jury duty a few years ago... :lol: