Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Scott Peterson

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73+Sep 21 2004, 01:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chrebet73 @ Sep 21 2004, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] didn&#39;t he dye his hair and have like &#036;10 grand with him when he was caught?...that doesn&#39;t seem suspicious at all :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    AND his brother&#39;s driver&#39;s license and he bought the car in his MOTHER&#39;S name......... [/b][/quote]
    limo got car insurance under jetgirls name.

thats it&#33; limo killed lacey......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:55 PM
    [b]
    Guilty until proven innocent... Interesting concept.

I&#39;d keep looking for evidence. [/b][/quote]

Hey, don&#39;t shoot the messenger.

I took that verbatim out of the Legal Justice System courtesy of the state of Texas. ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BucJeff+Sep 21 2004, 01:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (BucJeff @ Sep 21 2004, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Piper[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:54 PM
    [b] Who cares? [/b][/quote]
    Laci Peterson&#39;s family I imagine.

I gotta agree with Dick. About the only thing you can truly prove he is guilty of is being a moron. [/b][/quote]
    jets zeppelin and bucjeff are smart like me. the rest of you guys, god forbid you get into some legal situation..... i hope the jurors do their jobs properly.

the point of the system is that it is far better for a thousand guilty men to walk than one innocent man to fry

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peterson did it-a girlfirend on the side, a slew of lies, his alibi places him over the dead body. whether they prove it, who knows? Unless you&#39;re sitting in the courtroom, you can&#39;t really tell. Sometimes circumstantial evidence is stronger than eyewitnesses. It really depends on the case. In a case like this, is this guy so devious that all there would be is circumstantial evidence? You don&#39;t know if the jurors like or dislike Geragos or Scott Peterson unless you there, and that pyschology is as important as anything else. That is, have they come to believe Peterson is the kind of selfish bastard who&#39;s capable of offing his wife, given all they learned about him? And how did Geragos, fresh off failing to get Winona Ryder off on shoplifitng, get this great rep? Wynona is a lot more sympathetic than this POS.

As to OJ, there was blood evidence everywhere, and a jury of fools chose to let him walk. As Jon Stewart said, there are 2 kinds of people in this world-people who believe OJ was guilty, and idiots.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:57 PM
    [b] He is just FULL of LIES.....he told his sister-in-law he was going golfing, that is why she asked him to pick up a gift for the grandfather for Christmas. He doesn&#39;t go golfing, he apparently went fishing instead.....w/out knowing what he was fishing for and the proper bait&#33; If you are INNOCENT, you don&#39;t have that many stories/cover-ups&#33; :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    here we go again

i went fishing recently in my boat here in tampa. do i know what im fishing for? not a clue. bait? lol i try some live shrimp. i tried lures. i dont know what the f im doing.

wait&#33; thats it&#33; i killed laci

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Sep 21 2004, 03:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Sep 21 2004, 03:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jet-Zeppelin[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:55 PM
    [b]
    Guilty until proven innocent... Interesting concept.

I&#39;d keep looking for evidence. [/b][/quote]

Hey, don&#39;t shoot the messenger.

I took that verbatim out of the Legal Justice System courtesy of the state of Texas. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Truly a progressive state.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 02:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 02:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chrebet73[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:57 PM
    [b] He is just FULL of LIES.....he told his sister-in-law he was going golfing, that is why she asked him to pick up a gift for the grandfather for Christmas. He doesn&#39;t go golfing, he apparently went fishing instead.....w/out knowing what he was fishing for and the proper bait&#33; If you are INNOCENT, you don&#39;t have that many stories/cover-ups&#33; :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    here we go again

i went fishing recently in my boat here in tampa. do i know what im fishing for? not a clue. bait? lol i try some live shrimp. i tried lures. i dont know what the f im doing.

wait&#33; thats it&#33; i killed laci [/b][/quote]
    who goes fishing on CHRISTMAS EVE for the FIRST time in a boat NOBODY knew you bought, including your OWN father and you are NINETY miles away from home when you have dinner plans at your in-laws?????

GUILTY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, i believe, in my heart, that Peterson is quilty...BUT i do agree with DK (gulp. ;) ) that he needs to be proven guilty and if they don&#39;t have the evidence they have to let him go. We have a justice systems and laws for a reason, to protect the innocent... that said, i hope they find conclusive evidence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:02 PM
    [b] As Jon Stewart said, there are 2 kinds of people in this world-people who believe OJ was guilty, and idiots. [/b][/quote]
    i believe OJ was guilty, but he deserved to walk because the cops screwed it up.If you have a clue about the legal system in this country you would know that you have to believe it beyond reasonable doubt to convict. the mess up by the cops, and that glove not fitting NOT EVEN CLOSE introduced doubt into anybody=oj walks.

the idea here is to honor the system and play fair and NOT to use your gut. To TRY to put your prejudices aside. thats the first thing you hear in jury selection. if you are a close minded oger who doesnt have the mental capacity to understand these theories then you shouldnt be on a jury. in a nutshell, your too dumb and unenlightened

john stewart? lol pick up a book some time and read some of the greats if your going to quote. whats next a quote by carrot top?this is getting funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:07 PM
    [b] Ok, i believe, in my heart, that Peterson is quilty...BUT i do agree with DK (gulp. ;) ) that he needs to be proven guilty and if they don&#39;t have the evidence they have to let him go. We have a justice systems and laws for a reason, to protect the innocent... that said, i hope they find conclusive evidence. [/b][/quote]
    I agree w/DK too, I know they have to find HARD evidence to put a nail in this one, it just PISSES ME OFF to no end knowing (in my gut) that he did do this not only to his wife but to his unborn son.......kind of sucks really that we are even talking about him walking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chrebet73[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:07 PM
    [b]
    who goes fishing on CHRISTMAS EVE for the FIRST time in a boat NOBODY knew you bought, including your OWN father and you are NINETY miles away from home when you have dinner plans at your in-laws?????

GUILTY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    youve got to be joking?&#33;

jews go fishing on christmas eve
    non religious persons go fishing on xmas eve.

did you see his boat? its a piece of shyt. i wouldnt be bragging about that thing.

for christ skaes, cant a guy do what he wants on his day off?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I go back to what I said in my initial post in this thread...people have been convicted on circumstantial evidence before...

DK any good lawyer can make mincemeat out of evidence, there are guys that can convince a jury that green is blue, however the combination of absurd events, lack of caring, suspect behavior, and a missing wife should be enough to convict, without anyone&#39;s constitutional rights being denied.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by greengal[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:07 PM
    [b] Ok, i believe, in my heart, that Peterson is quilty...BUT i do agree with DK (gulp. ;) ) that he needs to be proven guilty and if they don&#39;t have the evidence they have to let him go. We have a justice systems and laws for a reason, to protect the innocent... that said, i hope they find conclusive evidence. [/b][/quote]
    i am falling in love with you

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 03:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:07 PM
    i am falling in love with you [/b][/quote]
    you have said that already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was mean <_<

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    why was this moved :blink:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 02:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chrebet73[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 02:07 PM
    [b]

GUILTY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    youve got to be joking?&#33;

jews go fishing on christmas eve
    non religious persons go fishing on xmas eve.

did you see his boat? its a piece of shyt. i wouldnt be bragging about that thing.

for christ skaes, cant a guy do what he wants on his day off? [/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s not a jew and he&#39;s not a non religious person....they had dinner plans (Christmas Eve) at her family&#39;s house, he was bringing a gift w/him that he was supposed to pick up while GOLFING&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Hmmm, wonder if he bought any gifts.......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 03:22 PM
    [b] that was mean <_< [/b][/quote]
    sorry.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]DK any good lawyer can make mincemeat out of evidence, there are guys that can convince a jury that green is blue, however the combination of absurd events, lack of caring, suspect behavior, and a missing wife should be enough to convict, without anyone&#39;s constitutional rights being denied. [/b][/quote]

While this may be true ans while there are most certainly very skilled attorneys, they are usually in the defense&#39;s side of the deal.

Even if there is a great prosecutor, the circumstantial case, even a strong one can usually be broken down by a credible defense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite+Sep 21 2004, 01:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (dickkotite @ Sep 21 2004, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-verdegirl[/i]@Sep 21 2004, 01:42 PM
    [b] You need to watch Court TV&#33;&#33;&#33; Plenty of cases are tried (with conviction) solely on circumstantial evidence.
    As with OJ if you are rich enough to buy a dream team, you can practically be caught on tape doing it and still get off.
    Oh...BTW...there was PLENTY of blood evidence in the OJ trial...the jury was NEVER going to convict him.
    Sometimes it just comes down to who is sitting in the box. Unfortunate. [/b][/quote]
    there was blood evidence to convict oj BUT there was also clear possibilities that a cop could have set up the blood.

just remember, the glove didnt fit. end of story [/b][/quote]
    You are a scum bag ;)