Thread: The library of Congress

Hall Of Fame
    How "public" is it? Can I go there and walk around, browse?

Veteran
    Beats me, but I bet you still need a card to check out books.

[rimshot]

i've been there - it's quite a national resource

huge doesn't do that place justice... it's so massive certain areas the librarians use roller skates to get around... the tour is great

all one needs to do research is be over 18 and have a valid ID such as Passport or Drivers Lic.

there are general reading areas that you can browse, but i don't think you can just saunter around certain areas... they will get you something if you ask for it tho...

You looking for more novels about Gacy? Check out "The Last Victim." You don't need to go all the way to the library of congress to get it either.

[url]www.jasonmoss.com/id2.html[/url]

You're welcome.

That reminds me of something. This one dude was a visitor to the Bush compound in Kennebunkport. He wanted to read a book and figured "hey with all of these ivy leaguers, there has got to be something worthwhile and intelectually stimulating around here to read." The only book that he found was entitled "The Fart Book."

Tom The Nader Fan™
    Joe Jonah Euclid of Menlo Park, California, is an "Appointed Messenger of God," who currently posts his "weird, crudely typed and xeroxed screeds" in and around Stanford University. Thanks to the generosity of Palo Alto resident James Holloway, the museum now has in its possession twelve such flyers, most of them "gathered in one 30-minute bike ride around the campus." These will soon be replaced, no doubt, as Holloway observes that "every couple of days, there's a new Joe Euclid rant to be found."
    According to Holloway, Joe "apparently believes that angels are addressing him via voices in his head. These angels show up mainly for the purpose of discouraging 'mindreading' and 'thought projection thru the invisible realm,' two apparently common practices of Protestants. Joe has a very Californian special ability: he can predict earthquakes. Of course, we don't find out about these predictions 'til after the actual quakes. In addition, even Joe admits that he often can't tell what the angels are trying to say. Finally, Joe believes that mindreading and Protestantism are analogous to child abuse. (Joe may have been tried for child abuse at some point as he repeats his discussion of why he is not a child molestor often and occasionally discusses his experiences during a trial.)"

Little is known of Joe's personal life: "He claims to have been born on the 26th of June, 1945, to have dropped out of grad school in 1969, and to have been visited all his life by angels. Sketchy information locates him in District Heights, Maryland in 1974 and points to his current residence in Menlo Park, CA."

ACCIDENT DETAILS

Date: January 13, 1977
    Time: 06:36
    Operator: Japan Airlines
    Flight #: ?
    Route: Mosses Lake, WA - Tokyo, Japan
    AC Type: Douglas DC-8
    cn / ln: ?
    Aboard: 5 (passengers:0 crew:5)
    Fatalities: 5 (passengers:0 crew:5)
    Ground: 0
    Summary: The cargo plane crashed while attempting to take off. Alcoholic impairment of captain. Flightcrew members did not prevent captain from attempting to fly. Blood alcohol of 0.21.

Tom The Nader Fan™
    Curtains laced with diamonds, dear, for you.

-reed