View Poll Results: If you had to choose, how would you prefer to die, by...

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1000 Bee Strings

0 0%
  • Drowning

9 28.13%
  • Burning in Fire

1 3.13%
  • Have head chopped off while DUI with friend

22 68.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man dies from 1000 bee stings

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][b][SIZE=3]Ex-zoo director dies after suffering 1,000 insect stings[/SIZE]
    Wednesday, September 22, 2004 Posted: 12:38 PM EDT (1638 GMT)

FORT WAYNE, Indiana (AP) -- A retired zoo director died after he was stung about 1,000 times by European yellow jackets when he fell onto their nest from a ladder while cleaning windows at his home.

Earl Wells, 75, had been in a coma at Lutheran Hospital since the September 12 attack near Huntertown, about 10 miles north of Fort Wayne. He died Tuesday at the hospital.

Wells was the director of the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo from its opening in 1965 until his retirement in 1994 and had served as a consultant in the design of other zoos around the country.

European yellow jackets swarmed Wells when the stepladder he was standing on to wash windows collapsed onto their underground nest, the zoo said in a statement.

He was unconscious when paramedics arrived. He suffered cardiac arrest in the attack and remained in a coma after being resuscitated, his family said.[/b][/quote]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

id rather die of a heart attack during the best blow job of my life....

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] id rather die of a heart attack during the best blow job of my life.... [/b][/quote]
    during....that means you dont get the happy ending :(

wow and people bust my balls about posting stupid sh*t

[quote][i]Originally posted by BrAnDonLlyod is the Future[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 02:07 PM
    [b] wow and people bust my balls about posting stupid sh*t [/b][/quote]
    You don't have Chad in your Avatar. ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Sep 22 2004, 02:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Sep 22 2004, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LockeJET[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] id rather die of a heart attack during the best blow job of my life.... [/b][/quote]
    during....that means you dont get the happy ending :( [/b][/quote]
    your right.... as she swallowed she swallowed me whole.....

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by BrAnDonLlyod is the Future[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b] wow and people bust my balls about posting stupid sh*t [/b][/quote]
    there is a difference between stupid ignorant chit and funny stupid ignorant chit

i am the king of stupid funny ignorant chit

fall in line private pyle

whats the worst way to die?

Gettin eatin by a bear alive

Die of a Heart Attack, when you walk in on your wife screwing your bestfriend

While a girl is going down on you, she has a seisure, and they need a crow bar to open her mouth

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by BrAnDonLlyod is the Future[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 02:16 PM
    [b] whats the worst way to die?

While a girl is going down on you, she has a seisure, and they need a crow bar to open her mouth [/b][/quote]
    for me the worst way to die is being forced to watch a 49er game and not being able to turn the tv off than taking a shotgun and stiking it in my mouth and blowing my head right off...

id say the worst way to die, is to die not seeing my football team win a superbowl....so If the world ended today...how many people on here were alive to see the Jets win a superbowl?

......and TomShane is nowhere to be found.....................

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section317[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 01:23 PM
    [b] ......and TomShane is nowhere to be found..................... [/b][/quote]
    disappointing indeed

All League
    Screw dying of a heart Attack, MIs are horribly painfull, the pain of heart muscle dying would make your last moments agonizing.

If I could pck, I would want it to be something QUICK, something I didn&#39;t see coming....

Sniper Rifle round to the brainstem at age 88 while having sex with a Model in the owners box of the stadium the Jets just won their 10th Superbowl maybe? ;)

okay...ill give you credit, that was really funny&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET+Sep 22 2004, 02:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (LockeJET @ Sep 22 2004, 02:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BrAnDonLlyod is the Future[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 02:16 PM
    [b] whats the worst way to die?

While a girl is going down on you, she has a seisure, and they need a crow bar to open her mouth [/b][/quote]
    for me the worst way to die is being forced to watch a 49er game and not being able to turn the tv off than taking a shotgun and stiking it in my mouth and blowing my head right off... [/b][/quote]
    but then the gun jams, and the agony continues.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Sep 22 2004, 11:58 AM
    [b] [quote][b][SIZE=3]Ex-zoo director dies after suffering 1,000 insect stings[/SIZE]
    Wednesday, September 22, 2004 Posted: 12:38 PM EDT (1638 GMT)

FORT WAYNE, Indiana (AP) -- A retired zoo director died after he was stung about 1,000 times by European yellow jackets when he fell onto their nest from a ladder while cleaning windows at his home.

Earl Wells, 75, had been in a coma at Lutheran Hospital since the September 12 attack near Huntertown, about 10 miles north of Fort Wayne. He died Tuesday at the hospital.

Wells was the director of the Fort Wayne Children&#39;s Zoo from its opening in 1965 until his retirement in 1994 and had served as a consultant in the design of other zoos around the country.

European yellow jackets swarmed Wells when the stepladder he was standing on to wash windows collapsed onto their underground nest, the zoo said in a statement.

He was unconscious when paramedics arrived. He suffered cardiac arrest in the attack and remained in a coma after being resuscitated, his family said.[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    MBG,

Do you have a link, a co-worker of mine owns a couple of bee nests and he&#39;s always talking about how safe they are... :rolleyes:

All League
    Of those choices, head chopped off, easily. Burned to death would have to be the worst. How can you top watching your own skin melt off of you?

All Pro
    As they say, "Here&#39;s to dying in your sleep at 85, shot by a jealous spouse."

Head chopped off would be the quickest (hopefully) - get it over with quick.

Burning and bee stings would be prolonged agony.

Drowning would be second since I guess you&#39;re eventually just black out.