Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: US "Sells" 5000 Bombs to Israel

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gleaned from articles on FoxNews, CNN and other news websites:

The U.S. is in the process of selling ~5000 various heavy munitions, including Smart Weapons and a quantity of 500 Buker Buster Bombs (which can get through up to 3 meters of reinforced Concrete, if I recall) to Israel. The weapons are valued at just over $300 million by U.S Sources.

In an interesting twist, Israel is "paying" for these weapons with U.S. Millitary Aide (money) already given to Israel. So in effect, we are giving these weapons to them for free (which, I suppose, makes sense, all considered their intended purpose).

Speculation continues that Israel will soon lauch a pre-emptive strike against Iran's neclear facilities, to ensure that Iran remains nuke-free, if the "Axis of Evil" nation refuses to comply with U.S./UN demands. Ramifications of such a strike will almost surely affect the U.S. action/occupation in Iraq, especially if Iran (and any other Arabic/Muslim nation Iran can convince to join them) decide to lauch another (likely futile) war on Israel, and by extention, the United States forces in the Gulf.

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe John Kerry can convince the UN to give those nasty folks in Iran a good talking to about those pesky nukes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a story on this on oreilly last night. The guy who was suggesting it is the frontrunner to be Kerry's sec of state. He is a former ambassador to the UN. When asked how he would deal with Iran he said a bunch of crap about going to the UN for assistance. The guy couldn't be a worse choice for this country.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The mullahs-which is not neccessarily to say "the Iranian people"-are vocal that when they get nukes, they will, paraphrasing, vanquish and destroy Israel. If anyone thinks that Israel will sit tight should that come to pass, need only consider that they bombed Saddam's Osirak nuke plant. And much the same thing will occur-lots of whiny UN handwringing, with a quiet"atta boy" from the USA. Further, it might be a swift push to get rid of the mullahs, who are not very popular with the educated people of Iran. If they are humiliated by the Jews, we could hope it might be the impetus for more moderate Iranians to step in. Under the Shah, Iran(which is populated by ethnic Persians, not Arabs) was actually allied with Israel and India.

flushingjet
    Hope they dont sit rusting away in a warehouse. I heard after shipping they
    work best when used within a week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush claims to be a christian... has he read the book of revelations?

giving bombs to Israel for use on Iran... bad idea .... :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 26 2004, 01:27 AM
    [b] Bush claims to be a christian... has he read the book of revelations?

giving bombs to Israel for use on Iran... bad idea .... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    This will make better tv watching than either Iraq war. I'm gonna stock up on popcorn. :lol: :lol:

Tom The Nader Fan™
    [img]http://www.toykeeper.com/puppets/jack.jpg[/img]