Thread: AL Playoffs

All League
    Oakland and Minnesota have their best chance to get some postseason hardware. Neither the yanks or the Red Sox have the best starting rotation. The A's do, but they can't seem to get it done in October. This is their best chance I reckon. I know for the Twins it is Santana and that's it, but looking at the Sox and the yanks I feel the Twins have just about as good a shot as anybody in a short series. I really thought Boston had the best pitching staff, but looking at Lowe, Foulke and Wake recently has made me rethink. Yanks are clinging to El Duque's arm. Oakland has Mulder, Hudson, Zito and Harden. All legit arms. This is their best chance in years.

Maxman
    Scottish I agree both the Yanks and Sox are ripe for the picking. But I don't think it will happen to both of them. The AL will be represented in the World Series by the AL EAST.

Veteran
    Agreed. One of these years Oakland is going to get it right and actually win a playoff series.

If it sets up the same as last year with the Yankees playing Minnesota and Sox playing Oakland I think the Sox could get picked off. The Yankees should have enough fire power to get by Minnesota even with Santana. I would be more concerned for the Yankees if they were playing Oakland or even Anaheim (If they somehow overtake Oakland).

I just don't think Yankees-Red Sox II should be set in stone.

Maxman
    Right now Minn is ahead of Oak. Tied in the loss column. If Minn stays ahead the Yanks open with Oakland.

All Pro
    Don't look now, but Texas is creeping back into the race. They would be the ideal opponent in the playoffs.

Gotta give it up for Showalter, imagine if he was the skipper of the Yanks or Sox? Their record would be amazing.

Banned
    A's rotation is overrated. Zito SUCKS, mulder hasn't pitched good in a very long time.

and what great pitchers do the angels have (non bullpen) ??? colon? escobar? washburn? puhleeze

minnesota has santana, and radke is ok too. but they don't have much else.

it will be yankees and sox in ALCS again, same result.

All Pro
    EB54 - Santana has been lights out inthe second half. IN a short series a great pitcher can be very hard to beat. In a longer series not so much.

The Sox and Yanks can be had in a short series alot easier then a long series especially with our shaky starters.

Banned
    honestly, if I was a big gambler, I'd place my money on Minnisota this year over NY and Boston, and Oakland/Anaheim/Texas