Thread: Shaq say no to MJ

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Think it was in the NY Daily News that Michael Jordan has been calling Shaq to get a feel for if he should come back and play with the Heat this year. Shaq didn't like the idea, but ran it past his 'mates, who agreed. I'll find the link if you really want it.

TomShane
    Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Sep 24 2004, 11:19 AM
    Think it was in the NY Daily News that Michael Jordan has been calling Shaq to get a feel for if he should come back and play with the Heat this year. Shaq didn't like the idea, but ran it past his 'mates, who agreed. I'll find the link if you really want it.
    Michael is so far past done that Shaq might just be looking out for him. Then again, I'm sure Michael wouldn't dig it when Shaq wants to take off a block of 20 games in mid-season with some fictitious injury because the fat man is bored. Maybe Shaq knows that Mike would flip his wig when he realizes that Shaq ain;t planning on going 100% for half the season.

MJ does not need to be Ali and come out of retirement again, and further tarnish his rep. He stained it a bit last time.