Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Quote of All-Time was spoken tonite

I know this is the football forum and this is a Baseball Quote, but this Quote goes beyond baseball ... this is one for the ages ... this one will live in SPORTS LEGEND

If the mods wanna move this I understand ... Just delete it cause I already posted it at the baseball forum ... but I hope we can share this one with everyone

EXACT QUOTE

Pedro Martinez, 9/24/04, following a 6-4 loss after last weeks 11-1 drubbing .......

What can I say ... I Just have to tip my cap and call the Yankees my daddy

Owned :lol:

He SO wants to be a Yankee!

All League
    I can't stand that guy. I used to live up in Boston, and he was such a whiny crybaby then and now.

At least the toolbox knows who his daddy is!

Let the angst start anew....

Boston sports scene. To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi, "A wretched hive of scum and villany."

I need to hear a sound byte for this one! :ph34r: Is it being aired on ESPN or something? I'd Tivo that puppy and listen to it over and over again!

Banned
    hey, ive said it before and ill say it again

Pedro will be the Yankees ace in 2005 B)

i'll easily take that 3.78 ERA of his as long as he still wins half his games

Originally posted by verdegirl@Sep 24 2004, 10:00 PM
    He SO wants to be a Yankee!
    The Yankees would never take him! I don't care how great of a pitcher he is...

F@#$ Pedro!!!

Maxman
    Originally posted by blackout806@Sep 25 2004, 12:03 AM
    hey, ive said it before and ill say it again

Pedro will be the Yankees ace in 2005 B)

i'll easily take that 3.78 ERA of his as long as he still wins half his games
    Pedro will never be a Yankee. George spends a lot of money but he spends it well.

Pedro has given up more HRs this year then he did in the previous 3 combined. His ERA is still great but he is not the dominant pitcher that he once was.

Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands+Sep 24 2004, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Miracle In The Meadowlands @ Sep 24 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-verdegirl@Sep 24 2004, 10:00 PM
    He SO wants to be a Yankee&#33;
    The Yankees would never take him&#33; I don&#39;t care how great of a pitcher he is...

F@#&#036; Pedro&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Didn&#39;t say they&#39;d take him or that I would want him on the team. He is just DESPERATE to be in pinstripes&#33;

TomShane
    He is SO destined to be a Met next year. You can tell by the fraying tendons in his shoulder and his total lack of heart, desire and balls.

I Guess this makes the Yankees The Mac Daddy&#39;s

Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands@Sep 25 2004, 12:02 AM
    I need to hear a sound byte for this one&#33; :ph34r: Is it being aired on ESPN or something? I&#39;d Tivo that puppy and listen to it over and over again&#33;
    MITM, have no fear ... this was caught on film

I saw it on YES ... ON FILM

He say right there on the dias, room filled with media, and spoke the following .....

What can I say ... I Just have to tip my cap and call the Yankees my daddy

GJ&H,

Is this being aired on any channel or was it an on the spot type of thing? I just gotta hear this&#33;

Thanks GJ&H, ignore my last reply&#33;

MITM, I&#39;m sure ESPN can take the feed from YES

If they don&#39;t show that tonite, ESPN has gone in the tank for Pedro

There is NO WAY ESPN cannot show that ... the only way they don&#39;t show it is not to embarrass Pedro ... it would have to be a concious decision to go in the tank

Banned
    ESPN never gave a s**t about embarassing Pedro, Zimmer, A-rod, Varetek, Clemons, Kevin Millar etc. in the past

you know they&#39;ll be all over this one, the dedicate half their show to pointless commentary on the Yanks-Sawx when we play eachother

even I get sick of it

GJ&H,

Thanks for the new signature&#33;&#33;&#33;

F#@% Pedro&#33;&#33;&#33;

(Sorry, I really dislike that man..)

Rookie
    Pedro Martinez.......
    "What can I say - just tip my hat and call the Yankees my daddy. I can&#39;t find a way to beat them at this point. They&#39;re that good. They&#39;re that hot right now, at least against me. I wish they would disappear and not come back."

Hall Of Fame
    F The Yankees

Banned

Hall Of Fame
    It&#39;s past time for Sawx fans to realize that all the bellyaching about Grady Little was nonsense. The guy who blew game 7 was Pedro Martinez. Anyone that signs this guy knows going in that he&#39;s a 7 inning pitcher on a good night. He&#39;s basically Tom Glavine-a nice pitcher for 100 pitches, but you don&#39;t expect him to get into the 8th.