Thread: Top al-Qaida operative killed

Bitter
    [url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6106759/]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6106759/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Wouldn't this be considered good news? If so, why is it posted here? I thought only negativity and despair were allowed.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 06:35 AM
    [b] Wouldn't this be considered good news? If so, why is it posted here? I thought only negativity and despair were allowed. [/b][/quote]
    It is good news. Which is why none of the resident libs have anything to say about it.

Good news for America is bad news for Kerry.

it's good news..BUT this has nothing to do with Bush pal!
    Pakistanis got5 him..not a US marine!

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 12:42 PM
    [b] it's good news..BUT this has nothing to do with Bush pal!
    Pakistanis got5 him..not a US marine! [/b][/quote]
    And the Pakistanis were leading the charge in the war on terror before Bush took office right?

Nothing to do with Bush my ass. Thats like saying the end of the cold war had nothing to do with Reagan. Oh wait you say that too...

after 9-11...COLIN POWELL (NOT BUSH; Bush wouldn't even know where Pakistan is)..CALLED Pervez and BULLIED him into helping us..That was going to HAVE to happen no matter who was in the white house..WE PAID them off basically..and b/c of it, Pervez'z life is in danger..That is why Pervez is going after qaida..b'c He will be killed just like us.

and Good news for America is NOT bad news for Kerry you ant american democrat haters..

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 01:07 PM
    [b] after 9-11...COLIN POWELL (NOT BUSH; Bush wouldn't even know where Pakistan is)..CALLED Pervez and BULLIED him into helping us..That was going to HAVE to happen no matter who was in the white house..WE PAID them off basically..and b/c of it, Pervez'z life is in danger..That is why Pervez is going after qaida..b'c He will be killed just like us.

and Good news for America is NOT bad news for Kerry you ant american democrat haters.. [/b][/quote]
    Are you male or female? Just wondering. Because I'd be surprised that any man could be so girly.

what is girlie about that post..

It's whiny. When you say Powell "Bullied" Pervez it just sounds weak and girly. Then I realized that alot of things you write sound wimpy and effeminate. Its not necessarily an insult. Just an observation.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 12:42 PM
    [b] it's good news..BUT this has nothing to do with Bush pal!
    Pakistanis got5 him..not a US marine! [/b][/quote]
    So what you're saying is that Bush can only claim credit for any success in the War on Terror if American soldiers do the work?

So if you build a coalition (I know that you don't consider it a coalition if it doesn't include France and Germany, but I digress) and one of your allies does something good, it's no credit to you. So the only way that Bush can get credit is to act unilaterally?

I think that you, like many in our country, work from the assumption that if Bush has his hands on it, it must be wrong - because you just don't like him. Rather than looking at the situation itself, then analyzing it and coming to a conclusion, you start with your conclusion and then work backwards from there, trying to come up with arguments to suit your pre-ordained conclusion.

powell BULLIED Pakistan..it's true! we woke up Pervez in the middle of the night and said we expect this and that from you..it's quite funny..he was probably pissin his pants
    we then said they didn't have to pay the 100 million debt that they owed us!

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 01:43 PM
    [b] powell BULLIED Pakistan..it's true! we woke up Pervez in the middle of the night and said we expect this and that from you..it's quite funny..he was probably pissin his pants
    we then said they didn't have to pay the 100 million debt that they owed us! [/b][/quote]
    Round here we call that good presidentin'

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by edcopp+Sep 27 2004, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (edcopp @ Sep 27 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 12:42 PM
    [b] it&#39;s good news..BUT this has nothing to do with Bush pal&#33;
    Pakistanis got5 him..not a US marine&#33; [/b][/quote]
    So what you&#39;re saying is that Bush can only claim credit for any success in the War on Terror if American soldiers do the work?

So if you build a coalition (I know that you don&#39;t consider it a coalition if it doesn&#39;t include France and Germany, but I digress) and one of your allies does something good, it&#39;s no credit to you. So the only way that Bush can get credit is to act unilaterally?

I think that you, like many in our country, work from the assumption that if Bush has his hands on it, it must be wrong - because you just don&#39;t like him. Rather than looking at the situation itself, then analyzing it and coming to a conclusion, you start with your conclusion and then work backwards from there, trying to come up with arguments to suit your pre-ordained conclusion. [/b][/quote]
    I actually agree. This is a + for Bush. This is the sort of tactic that gets results. Unfortunately, distractions in Iraq have caused us to lose site of how to actually fight these animals. We can&#39;t go it alone. I think Kerry will be much more effective in garnering support from other nations to assist in capturing these people.