Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update

Hall Of Fame
    Hi everyone,

This is a difficlt thing to discuss, but I feel obligated to let you guys know that my wife and I recently lost our baby. We were just about 5 months into the pregnancy and we went in for a ultrasound appointment last Monday. Unfortunately, our baby did not have a heartbeat. The doctors estimate that the baby died somewhere between weeks 18 and 19, based on it's size.

So, needless to say, we are pretty devastated. I haven't been in the mood to argue politics for about a week, and may not be for a little while. We have gone through the physical process of removing the remains from my wife's uterus, and thankfully everything went well with that surgery, etc.

Just do me a favor, if you are so inclined...keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple of weeks. Thanks.

BTW, my name is George and my wife's name is Nicky (if it feels awkward to pray for some dude named "jets5ever.")

Hall Of Fame
    Your in my prayers. Condolences and good luck.

I will definately keep you & your wife in my prayers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

George,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Nicky. When I play pipes this week at practice, I'll do it in honor of your little angel.

Hold each other a little tighter.

God bless.

Piper(Cutch)

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks everyone....

Veteran
    That's terrible, Ill pray for you guys. Im very sorry

George,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'd like to express my deepest condolences.

There is an old proverb regarding why G-d would take such a young life. The proverb speaks of a soul which had allmost attained the level of rightousness required to join G-d in the kingdom of heaven. Only one last sacrifice was required for the soul to obtain the ultimate level of rightousness. I know your child is sitting with G-d in heaven today.

All League
    That's horrible news - my prayers go out to you and your wife.

All League
    Best Wishes, George. I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I am so sorry George. You know you have my best wishes always my friend, especially in hard times like this. Stay Strong and God will see you and yours through. :(

All League
    That is horrible. I remember how excited you were. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. I'm not a religious person, but I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks guys. Yeah, it's been a tough week. I am in a pretty good place as far as the loss goes - and I have come to terms with the liklihood that we'll never know the "why" part.

The worst part of all this is that my wife will likely never get to enjoy another pregnancy...she'll be a complete stress-case the next time, and that is awful....

jets5ever,

Hang in there pal, everything will be allright.

Take good care.

Hall Of Fame
    George,

First let me express my deepest condolences to you and your wife. You both are certainly in mine and my wife's prayers.

We both feel your loss as we have experienced similar loss in the past.

God bless all three of you.

Hall Of Fame
    I am sorry to hear about this and I will certainly keep your family in my prayers.

All League
    [quote][b]
    The worst part of all this is that my wife will likely never get to enjoy another pregnancy...she'll be a complete stress-case the next time, and that is awful....
    [/b][/quote]

Take time to heal. I've heard many stories of women who have lost several children before bringing one to term. It amazes me how they are able to persevere and continue trying.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Sep 27 2004, 11:19 AM
    [b] [quote][b]
    [/b][/quote]

Take time to heal. I've heard many stories of women who have lost several children before bringing one to term. It amazes me how they are able to persevere and continue trying. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I took last week off. Came in today - the wife is still at home.

It really is amazing how many things have to go correctly in order to give birth to a healthy baby. It's mind-boggling to think about....

Anyway, thanks for the kind words Section.

George,

I went through a similar thing with my wife a year before the birth of my daughter. We had a "blighted ovum". Its not the same time frame as your situation but none the less we felt horrible for a while. Things to keep in mind:

1) Reassure Nicky that she did nothing wrong. She will blame herself. God works in mysterious ways. She did all she could.

2) Don't blame yourself, you did nothing wrong.

3) You will make for a Great father and she will make a great mother. The deeper the love between parents, the greater the love bestowed on children.

4) Remember that sometimes comfort is best served with a side order of understanding.

5) Crying is ok.

6) If you believe in God, keep your faith. It will help you through the pain.

As a sidenote, a year later, we had a beautiful baby girl. She is the light of my life. Don't lose your faith...

Take care...and if you ever need to talk...let me know.

LL (Gabriel)

All Pro
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I will say a prayer for you and you family tonight. Best wishes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sorry to hear this 5ever..My Condolences and your in my prayers..