Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farenheight 911

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to know if anyone watched it, and if so what did you think. Also, does anyone know if its out on Video yet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 07:57 AM
    [b] The dvd will be released on October 5th. [/b][/quote]
    It's the most important movie you'll ever see in your life. Michael Moore is God.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 1 2004, 08:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 1 2004, 08:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-valleyjet[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 07:57 AM
    [b] The dvd will be released on October 5th. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s the most important movie you&#39;ll ever see in your life. Michael Moore is God. [/b][/quote]
    I thought Passion of the Christ was, but I must be mistaken

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of that moron, he&#39;s going to be at FSU on Saturday. So of course, the College Democrats feel here feel the need to write his name in chalk on just about every piece of cement on campus. These are the same people who wrote "Bush is Hitler" all over a couple weeks back.

I can think of better things to do on a saturday night than listen to him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael Moore represents all that is wrong with the hard core left wingers in this country. Him and his ilk are the main reasons that I have shifted more toward republicans

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moore is god? I dont know about that, but I will buy the movie on the 5th for sure. I am kinda neutral, but I will tell you that i&#39;m voting for Kerry. Reason being me and my wife are a military family and are very tired of being deployed for 9 months out of the year apart from each other, in some place we dont need to be where there is nothing but sand for miles............oh and some oil beneth the surface....(wink)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what&#39;s that? a military man who isn&#39;t voting for Bush? Vinny you must be selling a book or something selfish like that... :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]chiefst2000 Posted on Oct 1 2004, 09:03 AM
    Michael Moore represents all that is wrong with the hard core left wingers in this country. Him and his ilk are the main reasons that I have shifted more toward republicans
    [/b][/quote]

Tell me what is wrong with exposing the truth?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen63[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 01:22 PM
    [b] [quote][b]chiefst2000 Posted on Oct 1 2004, 09:03 AM
    [/b][/quote]

Tell me what is wrong with exposing the truth? [/b][/quote]
    If you want to talk about the trutl fo f911 check out this website

[url=http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm]http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-D...renheit-911.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GangGreen63[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 01:22 PM
    [/b][/quote]

Nothing at all, but Moore doesn&#39;t even come close to doing this. In fact, he deceives and manipulates people and leads them along towards his personal viewpoint, all while making them feel smugly superior to others that the audience members consider to be stupid for allowing themselves to be manipulated and led along towards conclusions by others. Moore gets a good laugh from the audience when he shows Britney Spears saying something dim, yet he has such a dim view of the intelligence of his viewers that he assumes that they are ignorant and unwilling to check any of his assertions. Even a cursory examination of Moore&#39;s allegations and intimations exposes him as a complete hack, yet people like YOU lap it up like an enthusiastic puppy, all while feeling smugly superior to others, even though YOU have been duped. It&#39;s actually hysterical and pathetic at the same time, which is a tough thing to achieve. Moore&#39;s fans tend to think they are open-minded, or above the brain-washing of the mainstream media, yet they have merely been brainwashed by Moore.

Please read this:

[url=http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm]http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-D...renheit-911.htm[/url]

It is long and quite detailed, but is is devastating to Moore and to F911. As many people have said to me, "Don&#39;t comment until you&#39;ve seen the movie&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;" I simply reply, "Fine, but don&#39;t see the movie and determine that is is truthful without reading the works a man who has gone point and by point and demonstrated exactly how Moore is, essentially, a propagandist and completely unreliable." The author goes into great detail, systematically ripping apart Moore&#39;s tactics, writes to Moore with them and gives Moore a chance to reply to all of his charges. Some of Moore&#39;s responses are beyond pathetic. Similar fiskings of Bowling For Columbine exist as well.

You will soon find, if you allow yourself to be objective, that Moore is full of it and that people who take him seriously are fools.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] Nothing at all, but Moore doesn&#39;t even come close to doing this. In fact, he deceives and manipulates people [/b][/quote]
    Simple people, easily deceived.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 1 2004, 01:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 1 2004, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 01:22 PM
    [/b][/quote]

Nothing at all, but Moore doesn&#39;t even come close to doing this. In fact, he deceives and manipulates people and leads them along towards his personal viewpoint, all while making them feel smugly superior to others that the audience members consider to be stupid for allowing themselves to be manipulated and led along towards conclusions by others. Moore gets a good laugh from the audience when he shows Britney Spears saying something dim, yet he has such a dim view of the intelligence of his viewers that he assumes that they are ignorant and unwilling to check any of his assertions. Even a cursory examination of Moore&#39;s allegations and intimations exposes him as a complete hack, yet people like YOU lap it up like an enthusiastic puppy, all while feeling smugly superior to others, even though YOU have been duped. It&#39;s actually hysterical and pathetic at the same time, which is a tough thing to achieve. Moore&#39;s fans tend to think they are open-minded, or above the brain-washing of the mainstream media, yet they have merely been brainwashed by Moore.

Please read this:

It is long and quite detailed, but is is devastating to Moore and to F911. As many people have said to me, "Don&#39;t comment until you&#39;ve seen the movie&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;" I simply reply, "Fine, but don&#39;t see the movie and determine that is is truthful without reading the works a man who has gone point and by point and demonstrated exactly how Moore is, essentially, a propagandist and completely unreliable." The author goes into great detail, systematically ripping apart Moore&#39;s tactics, writes to Moore with them and gives Moore a chance to reply to all of his charges. Some of Moore&#39;s responses are beyond pathetic. Similar fiskings of Bowling For Columbine exist as well.

You will soon find, if you allow yourself to be objective, that Moore is full of it and that people who take him seriously are fools. [/b][/quote]
    Isnt the guy who wrote that article, slighlty slanted? His page is covered in pro-NRA articles. Just a question. Save your insults for bman.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 12:43 PM
    [b] Moore is god? I dont know about that, but I will buy the movie on the 5th for sure. I am kinda neutral, but I will tell you that i&#39;m voting for Kerry. Reason being me and my wife are a military family and are very tired of being deployed for 9 months out of the year apart from each other, in some place we dont need to be where there is nothing but sand for miles............oh and some oil beneth the surface....(wink) [/b][/quote]
    Vinny, Then get out of the Military. You were not forced to join the military you signed your name without anyone making you do so. I guess you thought you were going to ride out your enlistment without anything happening and you would enjoy the good life and get out and go to college on Uncle Sam&#39;s dime. You know what, you may not see your wife for 9 months at a time, but be glad you get to see her. The sick bastards that you are fighting took 3,000 inocent lives who will never get to see their families again. Let me guess you are going to say well Saddam had nothing to do with 911. I say you keep listening to fat head Moore and pretty soon you will be taking your Military orders from France.
    Yes, I have been in the Military and served my country proud in Desert Storm and was actually deployed to the middle east for 2 years. I am currently working for the Gov&#39;t and have been to Iraq and all over the middle east more than you can imagine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see that the writer of that article supported Nader in 2000. Interesting. I will take a look at it over the weekend.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO+Oct 1 2004, 02:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetsfaninCO @ Oct 1 2004, 02:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 12:43 PM
    [b] Moore is god? I dont know about that, but I will buy the movie on the 5th for sure. I am kinda neutral, but I will tell you that i&#39;m voting for Kerry. Reason being me and my wife are a military family and are very tired of being deployed for 9 months out of the year apart from each other, in some place we dont need to be where there is nothing but sand for miles............oh and some oil beneth the surface....(wink) [/b][/quote]
    Vinny, Then get out of the Military. You were not forced to join the military you signed your name without anyone making you do so. I guess you thought you were going to ride out your enlistment without anything happening and you would enjoy the good life and get out and go to college on Uncle Sam&#39;s dime. You know what, you may not see your wife for 9 months at a time, but be glad you get to see her. The sick bastards that you are fighting took 3,000 inocent lives who will never get to see their families again. Let me guess you are going to say well Saddam had nothing to do with 911. I say you keep listening to fat head Moore and pretty soon you will be taking your Military orders from France.
    Yes, I have been in the Military and served my country proud in Desert Storm and was actually deployed to the middle east for 2 years. I am currently working for the Gov&#39;t and have been to Iraq and all over the middle east more than you can imagine. [/b][/quote]
    What happened to support the troops?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 1 2004, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Oct 1 2004, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO@Oct 1 2004, 02:14 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 12:43 PM
    Yes, I have been in the Military and served my country proud in Desert Storm and was actually deployed to the middle east for 2 years. I am currently working for the Gov&#39;t and have been to Iraq and all over the middle east more than you can imagine. [/b][/quote]
    What happened to support the troops? [/b][/quote]
    Just read the damn article&#33; ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope your not talking about me supporting the troops. I support our troops and our country 100%, but when someone in the military who joined knowing damn well they could be called up to defend our country and freedoms start *****ing because they miss there wife and it&#39;s not fair they have to go to defend our freedoms that pisses me off. I have been there and I know what it is like to miss your family. I guess when some people join they just think it is going to be all peaceful and they may never have to make sacrifices, well f that you joined now do what your told to do by your Commander and quit your crying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 1 2004, 02:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long &#064; Oct 1 2004, 02:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 1 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 01:22 PM
    [/b][/quote]

Please read this:

You will soon find, if you allow yourself to be objective, that Moore is full of it and that people who take him seriously are fools. [/b][/quote]
    Isnt the guy who wrote that article, slighlty slanted? His page is covered in pro-NRA articles. Just a question. Save your insults for bman. [/b][/quote]
    I insulted you only when you deserved it, 4th, cause you were being intentionally moroinc when you first began posting here. But, you have proven to be a serious-minded person who simply happens to be wrong about a lot of tihngs. ;) I don&#39;t casually insult people, even bman. Ask him or any others here about my demeanor. If they are honest, I think I&#39;d come out OK. I loathe and don&#39;t tolerate stupidity and am an arrogant, know-it-all bastard, sure, but I am not one that&#39;s quick to anger.

But anyway, yes Kopel is a Nader guy, though I don&#39;t think know who he endorses now. He is more of a libertarian who has become disenchanted with the current state of the GOP, and I can&#39;t say I blame him....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet you wouldn&#39;t ***** if you were sent to Hawaii for 9 months.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 1 2004, 02:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 1 2004, 02:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by 4th&Long@Oct 1 2004, 02:01 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 1 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-GangGreen63[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 01:22 PM
    [/b][/quote]

Please read this:

Isnt the guy who wrote that article, slighlty slanted? His page is covered in pro-NRA articles. Just a question. Save your insults for bman. [/b][/quote]
    I insulted you only when you deserved it, 4th, cause you were being intentionally moroinc when you first began posting here. But, you have proven to be a serious-minded person who simply happens to be wrong about a lot of tihngs. ;) I don&#39;t casually insult people, even bman. Ask him or any others here about my demeanor. If they are honest, I think I&#39;d come out OK. I loathe and don&#39;t tolerate stupidity and am an arrogant, know-it-all bastard, sure, but I am not one that&#39;s quick to anger.

But anyway, yes Kopel is a Nader guy, though I don&#39;t think know who he endorses now. He is more of a libertarian who has become disenchanted with the current state of the GOP, and I can&#39;t say I blame him.... [/b][/quote]
    I can honestly say that 5ever is one of the more patient and polite conservatives on this or any board. He is usually the last person to insult anyone.