Thread: Interesting results from gallup poll

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=13237]http://gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=13237[/url][url=http://gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=13237]gallup poll[/url]

2004 Sep 30
    (sorted by advantage for Kerry)

Kerry

Bush

Advantage

%
    %
    pct. pts.

Expressed himself more clearly
    +28

Had a good understanding of the issues

Agreed with you more on the issues you care about

Was more believable

Was more likable

Demonstrated he is tough enough for the job

This didnt translate well but the first number is Kerry, the second is bush and the third is the spread. Despite all the spin the poll shows that while most people thought Kerry spoke more eloquently when it comes down to it the majority of people agreed with Bush on "issues they care about" thought Bush was "more believeable" a wide margin said Bush was "more likeable" and the widest margin thought Bush "Demonstrated he is tough enough for the job"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The key figure?

Independents
    60 percent for Kerry
    29 percent for Bush

NBC, last night went to Ohio where they had a group of undecideds weigh in on the debate and it was unanimous, They all thought Kerry won.

The bottom line is that the thing that will decide this election is The undecideds and the independents.

The Repubs are still going to go with Bush. The Dems will favor Kerry. It will all come down to the undecideds and independents.

There are alot of people in this country that don't like what's going on in the homeland or in Iraq but they are skeptical of John Kerry.

It's The Devil You do Know vs The Devil you don't.

I think that ultimately, Bush will win because people want to see him try and finish the job and they think that bringing in a new regime, will create more chaos and uncertainty.

Unless, Kerry can do some great closing and convince the country that he will right all the wrongs, Bush is most likely going to win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 09:44 AM
    [b] The key figure?

Independents
    60 percent for Kerry
    29 percent for Bush

NBC, last night went to Ohio where they had a group of undecideds weigh in on the debate and it was unanimous, They all thought Kerry won.

The bottom line is that the thing that will decide this election is The undecideds and the independents.

The Repubs are still going to go with Bush. The Dems will favor Kerry. It will all come down to the undecideds and independents.

There are alot of people in this country that don't like what's going on in the homeland or in Iraq but they are skeptical of John Kerry.

It's The Devil You do Know vs The Devil you don't.

I think that ultimately, Bush will win because people want to see him try and finish the job and they think that bringing in a new regime, will create more chaos and uncertainty.

Unless, Kerry can do some great closing and convince the country that he will right all the wrongs, Bush is most likely going to win. [/b][/quote]
    Actually when the dust settles it will come down to on clear issue.

Do you think we can win in Iraq or do you think we should be looking to get out and save face.

If its the former you should vote for Bush. If its the latter then vote for Kerry.

After the debate there is no doubt in my mind that Kerry will not stick things out in Iraq. How can you send troops in harms way for what Kerry has characterized as a mistake. It doesn't make sense.

Watch for this argument to be made very strongly by both sides of the media in the coming days.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 09:44 AM
    [b] The key figure?

Independents
    60 percent for Kerry
    29 percent for Bush

[/b][/quote]
    which is funny because CNN and Bill Hemmer did the same from Cleveland, Ohio and the undecided overwhelmingly said kerri did not prove to them he has a plan for Iraq or terroism.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY+Oct 1 2004, 04:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Come Back to NY @ Oct 1 2004, 04:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YoungJetsFan[/i]@Oct 1 2004, 09:44 AM
    [b] The key figure?

Independents
    60 percent for Kerry
    29 percent for Bush

[/b][/quote]
    which is funny because CNN and Bill Hemmer did the same from Cleveland, Ohio and the undecided overwhelmingly said kerri did not prove to them he has a plan for Iraq or terroism. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m inclined to think this NBC control group were judging who won the debate. Clearly Kerry won the debate but he would make a lousy commander in chief and chief executve, according to most polls includng Gallup.

[url]www.votenader.og[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it doesn&#39;t matter what knuckleheads like you or me think... it&#39;s about the undecided voter, the LL of the world. Independents is the only area where any ground could be made, thus YJF is correct.

i think voter turnout will be the biggest issue... who&#39;s supporters are more motivated to get out and vote?

prediction: this election will be the highest % turnout for years... both parties do well,

and there, just like post debate polling, the only area where ground is going to be made (or lost) is within the "undecided," a real rarity these days

[b]albanyjet[/b]

im callin you out you aint a real nader voter you are a GOP so cut it with the "who will make a better President" BS

kerry makes a better prez just cause his cabinet would be better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You called me out and I&#39;m here.

George Bush is a pro-Iraq war who states he&#39;s pro-Iraq war.

John Kerry is a dangerous walking identity crisis who is pro-Iraq war and anti-Iraq war. (?)

George Bush is the devil you know. John Kerry is a putz - pure and simple.

I voted for W in 2000. I never vote for Democrats because I feel that they&#39;re incompetent morons. I don&#39;t trust them. I&#39;d rather have an aggressive-simpleton in Bush as President then cluseless John Kerry.

I&#39;m a registered voter but don&#39;t belong to any party.

I&#39;m a USAF military veteran. I served and lived in Europe for two years and to a degree despise Europeans. Kerry loves them.

When I go to vote on November 2nd I will be casting my vote for Ralph Nader. I will be voting for Nader because this is the only opportunity that I get to vote AGAINST this disaster of a war in Iraq. I want to be able to say years from now that I have a clear conscience about this growing mess because when I had the opportunity to vote on it I voted NO&#33;

I honestly see this as my only opportunity to vote NO. I am NOT going to let this opportunity slip away because come November 3rd and thereafter I predict many people will realize that they had the opportunity to personally vote NO but ignored it&#33; How regretable.

I have little use for Kerry supporters because you&#39;re not true to your anti-war cause. Iraq was a disaster from the outset. Kerry blames Bush for making mistakes during the war but Kerry is a liar. Going to war in the first place to establish democracy among people who are more animal than human is stupid. This is not Bush&#39;s war. This is a war launched by the American government of which John Kerry is a voting member of.

I loathe John Kerry because he is a fraud. Kerry reluctantly served 3 months of combat duty in Viet Nam. Yet he voted AGAINST the original Gulf War. He voted FOR this current mess but AGAINST the funding for it. John Kerry is a politician - and a bad one. When it comes to his war voting record in the Senate he&#39;s 0 for 3&#33;

Kerry managed Thursday night to lull a great many people into thinking that the Iraq war is Bush&#39;s fault AND there&#39;s a winning way out. Well, he&#39;s wrong on both parts of his completely contradictory position. Perhaps it temporarily makes you Democrats feel exonerated. I didn&#39;t fall for any it, though&#33;

If you vote for Bush you vote for the war.

If you vote for Kerry you&#39;re voting for the war whether you like it or not.

So I guess I&#39;m now calling YOU out&#33;&#33; You voting for the war in Iraq, bit? Are you down with over 1000 US service members dead and Iraq on the verge of civil war? If you vote for Kerry you certainly are, my friend&#33;

I&#39;m voting for Ralph Nader on the Peace and Justice party line here in New York. I strongly encourage all voters to seriously consider this once-in-your-lifetime opportunity to say NO&#33;

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]