Thread: Kerry Wants US To Pass Global Test?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Kerry said we actually need to pass some sort of 'global test' before we act on our own behalf.

Why doesn't the America media report on the bullet that John Kerry just shot through his own brain? Aren't they interested in Kerry's political suicide?

"No president, though all of American history, has ever ceded, and nor would I, the right to preempt in any way necessary to protect the United States of America.

But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the [b]global test [/b]where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons."

First of all Kerry typically gives a contradictory [b]POLITICAL [/b]answer. Secondly he is WRONG!!!

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear the test is adminstered in French, Jean Francois' native language.

Trotting out that tale of that 2-faced scumbag l DeGaulle as a paragon of all that's right with historical relationship between the surrender monkeys and America was pretty pathetic. And no one has called him on it.

If your antiwar, how could you vote for anyone but Nader? Kerry is still all over the lot-a hawk one day, a dove the next.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What scares me about Kerry is that if he somehow manages to be President countries like France and Germany would simply take him to the cleaners.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about Bush talking about Vladimir his good friend, the guy is a scumbag but even he signed Kyoto...

there is a global test cause we live on the globe - what we do here in America and abroad greatly affects the world as we are the number 1 superpower.

don't worry guys im sure if by some miracle Kerry wins, those 14 bases being built in iraq will STILL be built...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I found amusing in this debate was Kerry's rantings on how we should be kissing Koffi Annan's ass over at the UN and building a coalition with reluctant (former) allies as a solution on Iraq. However, when it comes to the situation in North Korea we should be excluding potential coalition memebers (i.e, South Korea, China, and Japan) and have bi-lateral discussions with the little fat guy in platform shoes.

It's real funny how the polls on this debate look today. My interpretation of the polls is that most are in agreement that Kerry is a fabulous debater but that his message stinks if you are an American who wants Americans to protect America and not "out-source" the job to the UN, the French and Germans.

My guess is Kerry will continue to outperform President Bush in these remaining two debates on style but Kerry will end up choking on his own words. It's clear based on the inital polling data that once the dust settles all that will be left is more material for RNC, Bush, and right leaning 527 commercials (all Kerry's words).

Another thing I find annoying about Kerry is when he prefaces everything he says with the words: "Let me be very clear". This is usually an indication he is about to contradict something he said two years, two days or two minutes prior.

Thank you - I will go back to the football forum now. Most importantly --GO JETS!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Democrats don't have much use for Kerry but they sure as heck HATE George Bush.

Go to the DNC web site and look at the pictures of Bush taken from Thursday's debate. These pictures give you a better understanding of why Democrats HATE George Bush. These pictures and the overall way Bush acted gives Demorats a lot of fuel.

Kerry still gave inane answers to questions in the debate but Democrats don't care about that - they just hate George Bush. And I'm beginning to have a better understanding why!

Their hatred of Bush could be enough for Kerry to win, you know! It is NOT out of the question.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey bit, how about Kerry recalling his historic visit to "Treblinka Square" in Moscow.

Admit it, if Bush had made this mistake (using the name of a Nazi death camp) when trying to cite Lubyankaya Square, it would be front page news.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Admit it, if Bush had made this mistake (using the name of a Nazi death camp) when trying to cite Lubyankaya Square, it would be front page news. [/b][/quote]

Admit is Shakin, bush would have said:

"Saddam Hussain.....I mean Lubyankme, uh, Lubyankovitch, um, Lubemycar, Lubydoobydoo, er, Lubamacallit Square, ther in Roosia"

Still, Kerry mistaking one place in Russia for a Nazi Death camp IS kinda bad, and yes the media would have been all over Bush for that gaff. I would agree with you Shakin that they should beat up Kerry equally for such verbal gaffes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 2 2004, 06:45 PM
    [b] how about Bush talking about Vladimir his good friend, the guy is a scumbag but even he signed Kyoto...

there is a global test cause we live on the globe - what we do here in America and abroad greatly affects the world as we are the number 1 superpower.

don't worry guys im sure if by some miracle Kerry wins, those 14 bases being built in iraq will STILL be built... [/b][/quote]
    don't worry guys im sure if by some miracle Kerry wins, those 14 bases being built in iraq will STILL be built...

Hey Bit, does it really bother you that we are building a few bases in Iraq. Our troops need a place as a base camp and some things that give them some kind of reminders from home. I'm sure as time goes on we will turn most of these bases over to the iraqi military, it may be years but it will happen. In Turkey we used to have 9 military bases in the 80s and early 90s. We have 2 today and one only has about 300 us troops. We still have bases in Germany, Bosnia, and so many other countries around the world that people say we shouldn't be in. I just think it is way to early to really know what is going to go on over there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by AlbanyJet[/i]@Oct 2 2004, 06:53 AM
    [b] John Kerry said we actually need to pass some sort of 'global test' before we act on our own behalf.

Why doesn't the America media report on the bullet that John Kerry just shot through his own brain? Aren't they interested in Kerry's political suicide?

"No president, though all of American history, has ever ceded, and nor would I, the right to preempt in any way necessary to protect the United States of America.

But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the [b]global test [/b]where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons."

First of all Kerry typically gives a contradictory [b]POLITICAL [/b]answer. Secondly he is WRONG!!!

[url]www.votenader.org[/url] [/b][/quote]
    I am so ashamed that I voted for Nader in 2000. Why does he have to keep his beak on the middle pages of every newspaper?... Yes the 2 party system sucks, but c'mon Ralph (and his supporters). Do you think helping a GOP incumbent by campaigning in swing states is going to change anything...Ralph has become a tool of the Republican party. Sad old man...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO+Oct 4 2004, 09:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetsfaninCO @ Oct 4 2004, 09:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 2 2004, 06:45 PM
    [b] how about Bush talking about Vladimir his good friend, the guy is a scumbag but even he signed Kyoto...

don&#39;t worry guys im sure if by some miracle Kerry wins, those 14 bases being built in iraq will STILL be built... [/b][/quote]
    don&#39;t worry guys im sure if by some miracle Kerry wins, those 14 bases being built in iraq will STILL be built...

Hey Bit, does it really bother you that we are building a few bases in Iraq. Our troops need a place as a base camp and some things that give them some kind of reminders from home. I&#39;m sure as time goes on we will turn most of these bases over to the iraqi military, it may be years but it will happen. [/b][/quote]
    dude it doesn&#39;t bother me but people need to be honest about what is going on... Turkey is a second world country, Iraq is a ****hole

if you want to place a wager with me on control of military bases in Iraq, i will even give you odds that we don&#39;t ever "give" those bases to anyone

if we wanted to we could use any of the 7 "turkish" bases, so how did we really give anything away? who finances these bases? turkey?

we are in the occupation game, it&#39;s expensive and if we aren&#39;t stealing the oil there&#39;s no point. Helping Iraqis? bringing liberty?

how about Bush bring liberty to camden, NJ - maybe build a school in the Bronx - the first responder firehouse here in center city PA (Broad Street) is being closed, and Bush is opening firehouses in Iraq?

screw Iraq. Whatever happened to American tax dollars being used in America? guys like Hick and Jetman (and probably you) want Bush to take out Iran and Syria... why so we could rebuild 4 nations?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to "passing the global test," what exactly does he mean?

Something like getting a multi-national body to look at evidence, and then perhaps pass a dozen or so resolutions against actions of a rogue state, and then perhaps getting a group (however small) together when those resolutions have accomplished nothing to enforce the will of the entire world? You think he could mean something like that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 4 2004, 11:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Oct 4 2004, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AlbanyJet[/i]@Oct 2 2004, 06:53 AM
    [b] John Kerry said we actually need to pass some sort of &#39;global test&#39; before we act on our own behalf.

Why doesn&#39;t the America media report on the bullet that John Kerry just shot through his own brain? Aren&#39;t they interested in Kerry&#39;s political suicide?

But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the [b]global test [/b]where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you&#39;re doing what you&#39;re doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons."

First of all Kerry typically gives a contradictory [b]POLITICAL [/b]answer. Secondly he is WRONG&#33;&#33;&#33;

[url]www.votenader.org[/url] [/b][/quote]
    I am so ashamed that I voted for Nader in 2000. Why does he have to keep his beak on the middle pages of every newspaper?... Yes the 2 party system sucks, but c&#39;mon Ralph (and his supporters). Do you think helping a GOP incumbent by campaigning in swing states is going to change anything...Ralph has become a tool of the Republican party. Sad old man... [/b][/quote]
    Well, Ralph is the only anti-war candidate running.

I&#39;m anti-war so obviously I&#39;m going to vote for him&#33;