Thread: Congrats to the Yanks

All Pro
    7 years in a row, that's a hell of an accomplishment. We made a good run at you, but spotted you too much of a lead. The first 3 months of the season were so frustrating, seemed like the Sox would win 2, then lose 2.

Anyway, it was a hell of an interesting year, and hope to see you in the ALCS.

With that, I'm off to Miami to party with you crazy animals.

All Pro
    It ain't 13 in a row.

I wil not admit they are a better team but they do have a greater resolve then the Sox.

Congrats Yankees. Go F yourself Yank-me fans.

Banned
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 2 2004, 07:20 PM
    It ain't 13 in a row.

I wil not admit they are a better team but they do have a greater resolve then the Sox.

Congrats Yankees. Go F yourself Yank-me fans.
    look at what the Yankees have to show for the last 7 years

then look at what the Braves have to show for the last 13 years

4 to 1, including 2 head to head WS's

All Pro
    Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 2 2004, 11:29 PM

4 to 1, including 2 head to head WS's
    No doubt the Yanks 4 titles far exceeds the Braves WS accomplishments.

From 1996 to 2000 when the Yanks won those titles, they had a core of players there from first to fourth.

The Braves streak is done with a core of pitchers, but the roster has turned over repeadtedly over the 13 years.

Bottomline 13 < 7. The Yanks division accomplishment is great, just not as great as the Braves.

All Pro
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 3 2004, 06:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 3 2004, 06:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806@Oct 2 2004, 11:29 PM

4 to 1, including 2 head to head WS&#39;s

From 1996 to 2000 when the Yanks won those titles, they had a core of players there from first to fourth.

The Braves streak is done with a core of pitchers, but the roster has turned over repeadtedly over the 13 years.

Bottomline 13 < 7. The Yanks division accomplishment is great, just not as great as the Braves. [/b][/quote]
    13 titles, but less WS championships then the team with 7 titles, but 4 victories. I&#39;ll take the 4 WS championships, and so would you.

You guys get all over us Jets for the 2002 AFC East title, since we didn&#39;t win that year. Same thing here. The 4 WS titles are the greater accomplishment.

Banned
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 3 2004, 08:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH &#064; Oct 3 2004, 08:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806@Oct 2 2004, 11:29 PM

4 to 1, including 2 head to head WS&#39;s

Bottomline 13 < 7. The Yanks division accomplishment is great, just not as great as the Braves. [/b][/quote]
    PFSIKH, your bias is showing ... the Braves would trade places with the Yankees in a nano-second if given the opportunity

This team has made the playoffs 10 straight seasons

7 straight division titles

8 division titles in all

6 AL Pennants

4 WS Titles

And now we have to see how this one turns out? <_<

This represents an unparralelled level of success in MLB during this generation

UNPARRALELLED

There is no guarantee a team is gonna win the WS ... every post season is a crap-shoot ... a war of atrition with three tiers to conquer ... no-one should understand how difficult it is to win a WS more than a Red Sox fan ... most Red Sox fans would cut off a nut to win ONE

If you told a Red Sox fan his team would have a 10 year run like the Yankees have had over the last 10 years, the wins and the losses, he would walk over a bed of hot coals {barefoot} to make it happen

When you consider the three tiers to conquer in the post season, where years ago you went directly to the WS upon winning your repective league, one can easily argue that this has been the greatest run of success in Yankee history ... YANKEE HISTORY, not just baseball history ... and that says it all when you consider the history of this proud franchise

But make no mistake about it, I can absolutely make an arguement for this being the greatest 10 year run in Yankee history ... those three tiers are a landmine no Yankee dynasty of prior generations had to maneuver ... we may never see another 10 year run like this again, from any team

And it ain&#39;t done yet ... it&#39;s still goin ... it won&#39;t be done till the Yankees fail to qualify for the post season ... so who knows how far this run is gonna extend?

How may more consecutive post season appearances?

Division titles?

Pennants?

WS Titles?

WHO KNOWS?&#33;?&#33;

All Pro
    GJ&H;

Let&#39;s just keep on counting. I seriously beleive that as long as George Steinbrenner runs the show, the Yankees will continue to at least qualify for the post-season, AND be favored to get to the WS. This is the minimum that George will accept, although he does expect to win them all, every year.

Veteran
    Screw the Yankees.

Only time I cheer for them is when they play Boston.(I like to see Chowds suffer)

They have no chance. Pitching sucks.

If only they could run their franchise like true professionals like my NY Metropolitans...then, and only then, will they have a chance.

VLAD...AROD...MOVE REYES TO 2ND....KAZ MATSUI....KAZMIR for ZAMBRANO....................................genius , puuuure genius.

I would like to see Wilpon get caught with an underaged hooker...that would be nice.

All Pro
    Originally posted by mbn007@Oct 3 2004, 12:21 PM
    13 titles, but less WS championships then the team with 7 titles, but 4 victories. I&#39;ll take the 4 WS championships, and so would you.

You guys get all over us Jets for the 2002 AFC East title, since we didn&#39;t win that year. Same thing here. The 4 WS titles are the greater accomplishment.
    I am not saying the Braves are the team of the decade, clearly the Yanks are, but there accomplishment of 13 straight division titles is far greater then the Yanks 7. Not talking titles, just the original point of this thread that the Yanks 7 division titles is great. For all the money they have had, they have lost a division title over the past 13 seasons.

GJH - I do not know, I think the Yanks of the 50s might have an argument for the greatest Yankee period. Plus if ever there was a need for an asterik in baseball, the Yankees success clearly warrants it.