View Poll Results: who would you rather see in the ALCS??

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angels

    4 36.36%
  • Sawx

    7 63.64%
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Yankee fans...

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,617
    Although I think the Angels are the better team....I'd rather face them.

    I don't know if my blood pressure can take another Yanks vs Sawx series :lol:

  2. #2
    Bosox.

    Better theater. Also, the Angels are the exact type of team that gives tehh Yanks fits. Look what they did in 2002, and we threw Moose, Clemens, Wells and Pettite at them.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA.
    Posts
    4,257
    ....what makes you all think you'll get past the Twins?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,347
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 5 2004, 08:01 AM
    ....what makes you all think you'll get past the Twins?
    Sorry Garb, but i am going to bet that you guys don't get past Anaheim!!!!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA.
    Posts
    4,257
    I wouldn't doubt it. Red Sox always disappoint - unlike my PATRIOTS!!!!

    I'll tell you though - having been beaten like a red-headed step child all these years - just once would I like to see the Yankees crash and burn like so many Red Sox teams before them. Really, just once. C'mon Baseball God.....just once....

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,347
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 5 2004, 02:46 PM
    I wouldn't doubt it. Red Sox always disappoint - unlike my PATRIOTS!!!!

    I'll tell you though - having been beaten like a red-headed step child all these years - just once would I like to see the Yankees crash and burn like so many Red Sox teams before them. Really, just once. C'mon Baseball God.....just once....
    Well at least you have one winning team to watch!

  7. #7
    sawx. so we can ruin the hopes and dreams of their fans all over again.

    long live the evil empire!!! :lol: :lol:

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    bangor, maine
    Posts
    2,860
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 5 2004, 04:05 PM
    sawx. so we can ruin the hopes and dreams of their fans all over again.

    long live the evil empire!!! :lol: :lol:
    nomatter how much I want to agree with you


    boston has a better team than we do <_<


    this is the first time in years where I&#39;ve been nervous going into the playoffs, Babe Ruth must have something very special planned if we pull this year off

  9. #9
    Originally posted by blackout806+Oct 5 2004, 06:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackout806 @ Oct 5 2004, 06:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 5 2004, 04:05 PM
    sawx. so we can ruin the hopes and dreams of their fans all over again.

    long live the evil empire&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
    nomatter how much I want to agree with you


    boston has a better team than we do <_<


    this is the first time in years where I&#39;ve been nervous going into the playoffs, Babe Ruth must have something very special planned if we pull this year off [/b][/quote]


    how? we have a better team, plus we don&#39;t choke and complain like they do.

    we own pedro, schilling is a great pitcher tho

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    bangor, maine
    Posts
    2,860
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50+Oct 5 2004, 06:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ErIcBaRtOn50 @ Oct 5 2004, 06:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by blackout806@Oct 5 2004, 06:10 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50
    @Oct 5 2004, 04:05 PM
    sawx. so we can ruin the hopes and dreams of their fans all over again.

    long live the evil empire&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

    nomatter how much I want to agree with you


    boston has a better team than we do <_<


    this is the first time in years where I&#39;ve been nervous going into the playoffs, Babe Ruth must have something very special planned if we pull this year off

    how? we have a better team, plus we don&#39;t choke and complain like they do.

    we own pedro, schilling is a great pitcher tho [/b][/quote]
    I just dont have confidence in a banged up El Duque, Brown&#39;s fielding hand and pretty much any form/condition of Javier Vasquez


    I mean its not like Derik Lowe, Bronson Arroyo and Tim Wakefield are much better options, but still....

  11. #11
    We ain&#39;t gonna see anyone in the ALCS if this 100 million dollar lineup doesn&#39;t get off their @&#036;&#036; and start hitting the baseball with runners in scoring position

    If we get more of the putrid offensive performance we saw in Game 1 ... it&#39;s gonna be ONE AND DONE for this team

    That was a putrid, putrid performance by this offense ... and Santana was OFF HIS GAME

    9 hits & however many walks ... but 5 DP&#39;s and ZERO RUNS&#33;&#33;

    Downright putrid ... this offense SPIT THE BIT in Game One ... case closed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us