Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's what you call an old-fashion ass-wupin!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The vice-President ripped Opie a new one....even Chrissy Matthews on MSNBC is now asking "Will the liberal press like the NY Times put on the upper fold that Cheney destroyed Edwards??"

Total dismanteling of Edwards by the Veep!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Callow, empty, platitudinous hack...they name is Edwards.

90% of life is just showing up. If Edwards can't do that in the Senate, what can you expect if he gets the brass ring?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@Oct 5 2004, 09:54 PM
    [b] Wishful thinking on your part.

Pork Chop came accross as a smug old insider who speaks out of the side of his mouth. [/b][/quote]
    funny from a clown who used to call himself tailgator....Edwards looked like a lost child, someone who put on ice skates and was thrown on the ice for the first time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting how different people see different things,hilarious even

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slip and fall was truly schooled. Momentum comes to a screeching hault for Mr. Botox and his puppy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured I would see this before I headed off to bed. This thread is laughable. I will concede that Cheney maybe won this debate, but it was hardly an "ass whuppin". I saw it as more of a draw. Second, if the GOP thinks it will win this election based on the Veep debate, they must be really scared.

Finally, Chris Matthews, who I believe is the furthest thing from liberal, yet you accuse him of it all the time, also pulled tape of Cheney saying on Meet The Press that the reason we went into Iraq was because of an Iraq-Al Qaeda-9/11 link, then he denies it during the debate. Matthews called him out on that.

Seems like you boys missed it.

You all were claiming Bush won the debate the other night too. Keep the spin coming. I love it...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like seeing Edwards trying to blame the Medicare increase on the Bush administration when Cheney pointed out it was due to 1997 Legislation (who was in the White House then?).

Just the concept of a trial attorney who's very practice is the biggest cause of unaffordable health insurance talking about driving down costs is laughable.

A draw. That is funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't actually watch the debate, but since I didn't hear anything about it on NPR on my way to work, I assume even they think the VEEP won.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheney took Breck Girl out behind the woodshed and administered an ass kickin'....

It's going to be hilarious watching the DemoCraps spin this one today.....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Oct 5 2004, 11:38 PM
    [b] Finally, Chris Matthews, who I believe is the furthest thing from liberal. [/b][/quote]
    Who missed it?? What's laughable??

It's a good thing Cheney ripped Edwards a new one...he's so full of sh!t he needed it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This doesnt mean much but Cheney did beat Edwards by a pretty good margin. He seemed to be more comfortable up there and refuted Edwards time and time again. If you listen to it closely, you notice that Edwards very rarely addresses Cheney's comments. He would say the vice president is misleading you or something, but wouldnt say why. Hed talk about something else.

Two quick things I wanted to get your thoughts on:

- Was it pretty tasteless for Edwards to bring up one of his trials? The guy isnt running for attorney of the year, hes running for VP...shouldnt he talk about his career as a senator (if there is one) instead?

- Did the one sentence answers Cheney give when he knew he didnt have time for a topic good for him or bad?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet+Oct 6 2004, 07:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (valleyjet &#064; Oct 6 2004, 07:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Oct 5 2004, 09:57 PM
    [b] funny from a [u]clown[/u] who used to call himself tailgator. [/b][/quote]
    Question: Does Come Back to NY have a special exemption from this forums no personal attacks rule?

I point this out because I&#39;ve noticed the frequency of his personal attacks and namecalling of posters he disagrees with. His signature even contains a personal attack.

Very curious.[/b][/quote]
    [img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/245/baby_crying_closeup.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Finally, Chris Matthews, who I believe is the furthest thing from liberal."

That would be news to his former employers-the late Tip O&#39;Neill and Jimmy Carter, coupla John Birchers, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Oct 6 2004, 08:15 AM
    [b] This doesnt mean much but Cheney did beat Edwards by a pretty good margin. He seemed to be more comfortable up there and refuted Edwards time and time again. If you listen to it closely, you notice that Edwards very rarely addresses Cheney&#39;s comments. He would say the vice president is misleading you or something, but wouldnt say why. Hed talk about something else.

Two quick things I wanted to get your thoughts on:

- Was it pretty tasteless for Edwards to bring up one of his trials? The guy isnt running for attorney of the year, hes running for VP...shouldnt he talk about his career as a senator (if there is one) instead?

- Did the one sentence answers Cheney give when he knew he didnt have time for a topic good for him or bad? [/b][/quote]
    The funny thing was that when he was asked about tort reform and malpractice costs he brought up one of his trials that had to do with product liability.

He neglected to mention the &#036;180 million he won from doctore suing OBGYN&#39;s for supposedly causing Cerebal Palsy. A frivalous type of law suit that has been proven to be completely false.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Oct 6 2004, 07:25 AM
    [b] Cheney took Breck Girl out behind the woodshed and administered an ass kickin&#39;....

It&#39;s going to be hilarious watching the DemoCraps spin this one today..... [/b][/quote]
    Squeal like a pig, boy. Hick your funny

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You SPIN me right round baby, right round, like a record baby, right round, round round......

And the SPIN goes on.............. :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Oct 5 2004, 09:45 PM
    [b] The vice-President ripped Opie a new one. [/b][/quote]
    Wishful thinking on your part, Pork Chop Cheney came across as just a smug, hand wringing insider who lies out the side of his mouth.

Time is running out for this regime.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan+Oct 6 2004, 08:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TheBrodyMan @ Oct 6 2004, 08:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by valleyjet@Oct 6 2004, 07:16 AM
    [b]<!--QuoteBegin-Come Back to NY[/i]@Oct 5 2004, 09:57 PM
    [b] funny from a [u]clown[/u] who used to call himself tailgator. [/b][/quote]
    Question: Does Come Back to NY have a special exemption from this forums no personal attacks rule?

I point this out because I&#39;ve noticed the frequency of his personal attacks and namecalling of posters he disagrees with. His signature even contains a personal attack.

Very curious.[/b][/quote]
    [img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/245/baby_crying_closeup.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    What are you gonna do now Tailgator, er ValleyJet? Challenge me to drive 90-minutes to an IHOP in New Jersey so we can fight like you wanted to do last December???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;ll be sure to look up and post some suicide hotline numbers here next month.

More than anything else I want our Neo-Con friends here @jetsinsider.com around next year so thay can enjoy the benefits from the success the new Kerry/Edwards administration.

Come Back to NY&#33;... who&#39;s looking out for you now? ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by valleyjet[/i]@Oct 6 2004, 09:41 AM
    [b] I&#39;ll be sure to look up and post some suicide hotline numbers here next month.

[/b][/quote]
    Keep them for yourself...you&#39;ll need them. Better yet...go drown your sorrows in Soup of the Day at IHOP&#33; ;)

And be sure you&#39;re the first one to ***** next year when the Jets promote "Toys for Tots" <_<