Thread: I wish Cheney was the President

Hall Of Fame
    Seriously. Cheney has his sh*t together, big time. He impresses me each time I listen to him speak.

People who think he is evil incarnate will not likely even give him a chance. These same people simply uetter the word "Halliburton" as if that single word is all the evidence needed to prove his malfeasence.

Cheny is a friggin hero. Can Dubya get "sick" or something, so Cheney can fill in on Friday night? Please???

Hall Of Fame
    I was really impressed on how smooth he was. Edwards was kind of jittery and swinging around a bit and Cheney appeared to be very composed and in control. Even when Edwards tried to call Cheney out to his face, Cheney just sat there and gave one of the most intimidating looks a politician could give.

He comes off as an ahole but I believe its simply because these guys continually make up stuff and in 90 or 30 seconds, theres really nothing he could do to defend himself. But he did the best he could and made it known that this debate was his and Edwards should go back to the courtroom.

Oh boy. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see Bman's reaction to this. I think I can smell the smoke coming from this keyboard.

no smoke..
    Cheney looks like an absolotute emotionless madman!
    Edwards (and anyone fron the south) is a little squealer!
    If Cheney were president we would be at war for the next 10 years with three oil rich countries.

Tom Brokaw gave the best analogy last night. He said it was like Cheney was a school principal and Edwards was the unruly student called into the principals office.

The simple fact is Halliburton was given the big contract in Iraq because there is no other country in the US that could have filled this contract and completed the work. If it wasn't Halliburton it would have been some other company in another country that recieved the contract. The only other company that I am aware of that could have at least been awarded this is a company from S. Africa. I for one wouyld rather have the money stay in our country.

Veteran
    Dick is the President

Hall Of Fame
    One thing that made me crazy-Kerry waxes poetic about Ronald Reagan and the Coalition of Gulf War I. And BUSH NEVER SAID-"YOU, SENATOR KERRY, HAD NO USE FOR REAGAN. YOU FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL TO STOP THE DEPLOYMENT OF MISSILES IN EUROPE, WHICH WAS CRITICAL IN BRINGING THE SOVIETS TO HEEL. YOU WANTED A UNILATERAL NUCLEAR FREEZE, AS YOU DO NOW WITH NOT DEVELOPING BUNKER BUSTER NUKES TO STOP IRAN AND NORTH KOREA, AS IF AMERICA IS A ROGUE. AND WHEN THE SANDINISTAS WANTED TO ENSLAVE CENTRAL AMERICA YOU WERE OKAY WITH THAT. AND AS TO GULF WAR I, WITH ALL THAT UN/HUGE COALITION, ETC. YOU VOTED AGAINST IT. "

Kerry left that fat slow softball out there all of both debates, and at any time Bush could have put Kerry's ghastly judgment and record front and center for all to see.And Bush never did it.

Last night was pretty much even. I was shocked they had 2 pro-life questions.

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO[/i]@Oct 6 2004, 09:50 AM
    [b] The simple fact is Halliburton was given the big contract in Iraq because there is no other country in the US that could have filled this contract and completed the work. If it wasn't Halliburton it would have been some other company in another country that recieved the contract. The only other company that I am aware of that could have at least been awarded this is a company from S. Africa. I for one wouyld rather have the money stay in our country. [/b][/quote]
    the simple fact is that the President went to war for no real reason... and created the work for halliburton

cheney is a scumbag without a charismatic bone in his body... it surprises me that 5ever wants him to be prez... he's a troll.

All League
    The notion that Halliburton was the only company that could handle the Iraq oil maintenence contract is "hogwash". BTW, Check out the performance of the KBR subsidiary on the next HAL quarterly.... :rolleyes:

Halliburton may have been the most aggressive, or the company with the least employee resistance, or the company most in need of the contract. But by no were they the only company capable of handling this grandiose task. I'm sure the Baker Hughes & Schlumberger's of the world could've handled the job just as effectively.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You don't have to wish Dick Cheney was president. He already is.

This goverment is tied to big business and evil corporations. That's what the "liberation" of Iraq is about.

G.W. is merely a stooge. Dick Cheney is a slick conman. He's great at it. He's a tremendous bs artist and business man. BS and Business are one in the same and no one is full of it, more than Cheney.

I wouldn't look up to a man like Cheney. Unless you admire someone for being evil and greedy. Then, He's your man.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Oct 9 2004, 10:22 PM
    [b] You don't have to wish Dick Cheney was president. He already is.

This goverment is tied to big business and evil corporations. That's what the "liberation" of Iraq is about.

G.W. is merely a stooge. Dick Cheney is a slick conman. He's great at it. He's a tremendous bs artist and business man. BS and Business are one in the same and no one is full of it, more than Cheney.

I wouldn't look up to a man like Cheney. Unless you admire someone for being evil and greedy. Then, He's your man. [/b][/quote]
    Evil?? That's laughable?

TB - why did Halliburton get all of those contracts during the Clinton years? Why should we use an inferior company for contracts, only to avoid the appearance of impropriety? People like bitonti or YJF consider Cheney "evil" and an "oil guy." You honestly think that if some other company, who is not as qualified as Halliburton, got the contract that they'd stop their "war for oil and corporate profits" nonsense? C'mon, people were saying war for oil during the 1991 gulf war, when Saddam did have WMD and invaded a neighboring company, and Cheney wasn't even tied to Halliburton. It was the same whiny nonsense. You know better than this....

YJF - corporations and "profit" are the only reason why my mother lives without arthritis pain every day and why my dad's high blood pressure hasn't killed him yet. You think that we'd be in the position we are today without corporations?

"BS and business are one and the same" - I mean, honestly, why would you say things like this? Do you run your own business? Have you ever been in a senior management position in a business? Have you ever faced two consecutive quarters of losses? Do you realize that more businesses fail than succeed? What the hell do you really know about business that allows you to make a general, declarative statement like that? Nothing....

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 9 2004, 06:24 PM
    [b] The notion that Halliburton was the only company that could handle the Iraq oil maintenence contract is "hogwash". BTW, Check out the performance of the KBR subsidiary on the next HAL quarterly.... :rolleyes:

Halliburton may have been the most aggressive, or the company with the least employee resistance, or the company most in need of the contract. But by no were they the only company capable of handling this grandiose task. I'm sure the Baker Hughes & Schlumberger's of the world could've handled the job just as effectively. [/b][/quote]
    TB

Then why does wall street want HAl to spin off Kellogg, Root and Brown? Why has it been a drag on their earnings all these years? I really don't understand why people can't accept that HAL is probably the ONLY American company that can effectively do th e job in Iraq. BHI and SLB are basically both just oil service companies. HAL goes much futher.

YJF

You clearly are a VERY intellegent kid, but the "This goverment is tied to big business and evil corporations" is just laughable!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers[/i]@ Guns and Money,Oct 10 2004, 07:32 AM
    [b] I really don't understand why people can't accept that HAL is probably the ONLY American company that can effectively do th e job in Iraq. [/b][/quote]
    i accept that... what i don't accept is the need to be in Iraq in the first place. there's a dozen places worse off than Iraq and we can't expect to invade them all...

does anyone really believe that this country is safer now than it was 4 years ago?

how about the fact that even though Halliburton is under investigation (for bribing foreign officials) they still get their money up front? Special treatment, maybe?