Thread: The Twins- A real feel good story

TomShane
    I must say that this scrappy team from the midwest has really impressed me! Short on stars, payroll and marquee names, they just find a way to plug it out and win! Justin Morneau, Santana, Hunter and the like really embody what it is that is right about baseball. Who, I ask you, wouldn't want to see them win? Goooooooo Twins!!!

Inundated with superstars, enormous payroll and marquee names, GO BRONX BOMBERS!!!

The bitterness of the Mets fans continues to amuse me.

All I can say is Angels in 5! FEAR the curse of the RED SUX

All League
    The Twins lost the series last night, had they not been f'n stupid this series would be over.
    But no

Did anyone watch the ending of that Yankee game last night? Is there a better all around baseball player than Jeter? I can't think of anyone I'd rather have on base or at the plate with the game on the line. Or for that matter in the field either, the guy just flat out leaves it all on the diamond.

Hall Of Fame
    Last night was a perfect snapshot of how the yanks win in October: they don't quit, they hang around and then they pounce on any mistake the opposition makes. Ron Gardenhire went to the Grady Little school of management lastnight. You cannot make any mistake against the yanks as it will ALWAYS cost you in the Bronx. The style of the win may have taken the wind out of the sails of Minnesota. All the yanks need is 1 win in Minnesota, that's it. If the Twins don't take both at home then they are done. Tomorrow night is their must win game and the yanks just don't lose game 3. Torre is a big believer in game 3 being THE game.

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 7 2004, 01:55 PM
    Last night was a perfect snapshot of how the yanks win in October: they don't quit, they hang around and then they pounce on any mistake the opposition makes.
    This team is like Rasputin ... you can't kill them :ph34r:

They set a new MLB record in 2004 with 61 come-from-behind wins, and wednesday nite was more of the same

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tom

I know you like getting behind Maxman.....but Twins too?

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Oct 7 2004, 12:18 PM
    Inundated with superstars, enormous payroll and marquee names, GO BRONX BOMBERS!!!

The bitterness of the Mets fans continues to amuse me.
    That's my girl

Go Bombers!!!

TomShane
    :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    1-0 Twins.

GAME OVER!!!

Sorry but I just wanted to see how it was to post like a yankee fan and call the game before it is done.

In truth, I see this as the must win for Minnesota. Torre knows he can lose this one and still have tomorrow for his must win game. If the Twins go 2-1 down then they know they go to new york to finish. I have to go out to meet some friends and I'm not sure if I'll get to see this game. I think this has classic written all over it.

Btw, how good is David Ortiz?