Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should We Be In Iraq Debate is Over

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]It may unfortunately mean another full scale world war. It is scary to think about it, which is why I suspect that so many of us here are rationalizing why we shouldn;t be there because in our hearts we know we have reached a watershed time in our history.
    [/b][/quote]

The funny thing is you would rather go into this war with W as your commander. He has handled Iraq so well, why not?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 06:17 PM
    [b] [quote][b]It may unfortunately mean another full scale world war. It is scary to think about it, which is why I suspect that so many of us here are rationalizing why we shouldn;t be there because in our hearts we know we have reached a watershed time in our history.
    [/b][/quote]

The funny thing is you would rather go into this war with W as your commander. He has handled Iraq so well, why not? [/b][/quote]
    The Sad thing is tht you don't have the courage the recognize the writing on the wall and stand up to evil. If you believe in what the bible has to say about the Appocalypse then you know that we will have little control over when the anti-christ decides to attack the U.S.. So coming up with reasons why we shouldn't confront this evil is not going to prevent the confrontation from occuring. The only diff will be on whose terms it will occur.

Congratulations by the way for figuring on the oil as the common denominator. You libs crak me up. You most likely drive an suv or a piece of euro-trash that gets 10 mpg and yet you complain about our dependency on oil.

You do of course the WORLD ECONOMY not just that of the US is driven by energy needs. What would you have us do, go back to horse and buggy, heat our homes with what? Horse dung?

Again, the libs love to talk about what is wrong with the world, the u.s. and then offer no solutions.

How would you COMPLETELY, not partially because that doesn;t solve the problem, COMPLETELY END OUR DEPENDENCY on foriegn oil. Unless you can offer a complete solution then your point that we should not fight to maintain our energy sources is moot and pretty ignorant.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 01:12 PM
    [b]
    i love it...you stupid bush fans really make my day. [/b][/quote]
    How will losing the election make your day?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the bible is a book!
    NOT the future for mankind!

do you think that evolution should not be taught in school too!

the bible was written BY MEN..
    the first page basically gives Man control over women, animals, and the doctine of imminent domain and manifest destiny!
    I'm shocked it didn't also include a page on sports!
    the only reason it looks true sometimes is because you have idiots in the world acting out prophecy..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 08:30 AM
    [b] the bible is a book!
    NOT the future for mankind!

do you think that evolution should not be taught in school too!

the bible was written BY MEN..
    the first page basically gives Man control over women, animals, and the doctine of imminent domain and manifest destiny!
    I'm shocked it didn't also include a page on sports!
    the only reason it looks true sometimes is because you have idiots in the world acting out prophecy.. [/b][/quote]
    Be careful who you insult bung-hole, I think your including your clueless leftie comrades in that one chief.

What a loser. You sound mad at the world. Who's done you wrong pal. Couldn't get a date when you were younger?

Sad, very sad. Remember this when you are old and alone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST+Oct 8 2004, 09:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST @ Oct 8 2004, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 06:17 PM
    [b] [quote][b]It may unfortunately mean another full scale world war. It is scary to think about it, which is why I suspect that so many of us here are rationalizing why we shouldn;t be there because in our hearts we know we have reached a watershed time in our history.
    [/b][/quote]

The funny thing is you would rather go into this war with W as your commander. He has handled Iraq so well, why not? [/b][/quote]
    The Sad thing is tht you don&#39;t have the courage the recognize the writing on the wall and stand up to evil. If you believe in what the bible has to say about the Appocalypse then you know that we will have little control over when the anti-christ decides to attack the U.S.. So coming up with reasons why we shouldn&#39;t confront this evil is not going to prevent the confrontation from occuring. The only diff will be on whose terms it will occur.

Congratulations by the way for figuring on the oil as the common denominator. You libs crak me up. You most likely drive an suv or a piece of euro-trash that gets 10 mpg and yet you complain about our dependency on oil.

You do of course the WORLD ECONOMY not just that of the US is driven by energy needs. What would you have us do, go back to horse and buggy, heat our homes with what? Horse dung?

Again, the libs love to talk about what is wrong with the world, the u.s. and then offer no solutions.

How would you COMPLETELY, not partially because that doesn;t solve the problem, COMPLETELY END OUR DEPENDENCY on foriegn oil. Unless you can offer a complete solution then your point that we should not fight to maintain our energy sources is moot and pretty ignorant. [/b][/quote]
    Actually I hardly use my car and it gets 36mpg.

This war isn&#39;t about securing oil for the American people, it is about securing profits for US oil companies and contractors like Halliburton.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 07:42 AM
    [b] If you believe in what the bible has to say about the Appocalypse then you know that we will have little control over when the anti-christ decides to attack the U.S.. [/b][/quote]
    Oh boy...One day I am going to write a book and call it "The Prophecy of 4th". I&#39;ll have my friends and bman (with spell checker in tow), write passages about what I say about the end of the world, how we should all love each other. And I&#39;ll gather a bunch of people who follow me around, washing my feet, and create my own little church. And I&#39;ll sit back, laugh, and count the dough.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Oct 8 2004, 09:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Oct 8 2004, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST@Oct 8 2004, 09:42 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 06:17 PM
    [/b][/quote]

The Sad thing is tht you don&#39;t have the courage the recognize the writing on the wall and stand up to evil. If you believe in what the bible has to say about the Appocalypse then you know that we will have little control over when the anti-christ decides to attack the U.S.. So coming up with reasons why we shouldn&#39;t confront this evil is not going to prevent the confrontation from occuring. The only diff will be on whose terms it will occur.

How would you COMPLETELY, not partially because that doesn;t solve the problem, COMPLETELY END OUR DEPENDENCY on foriegn oil. Unless you can offer a complete solution then your point that we should not fight to maintain our energy sources is moot and pretty ignorant. [/b][/quote]
    Actually I hardly use my car and it gets 36mpg.

This war isn&#39;t about securing oil for the American people, it is about securing profits for US oil companies and contractors like Halliburton. [/b][/quote]
    Section - you honestly think Bush risked his own political career and the lives of tens of thousands of US soldiers just so that oil companies could make more money? You think he risked all of that so that his already super-rich friends would get slightly richer? Even if you think the Iraq War was/is a mistake, have you considered the possibility that Bush at least acted in good faith and his intentions were good?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 10:04 AM
    [b] Actually I hardly use my car and it gets 36mpg.

This war isn&#39;t about securing oil for the American people, it is about securing profits for US oil companies and contractors like Halliburton. [/b][/quote]
    If it were that simple, all anyone would have to do to get rich is to invest in Halliburton or an oil company, most are publicly traded.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Section - you honestly think Bush risked his own political career and the lives of tens of thousands of US soldiers just so that oil companies could make more money? You think he risked all of that so that his already super-rich friends would get slightly richer? Even if you think the Iraq War was/is a mistake, have you considered the possibility that Bush at least acted in good faith and his intentions were good? [/b][/quote]

To an extent yes. That is why I have no faith in him. From day 1 he was hell bent on taking over Iraqui oil. In my opinion he is a farce and has continually lied to the American people. Do you think Kenneth Lay had the interests of his employees in mind when he made his decisions? These are the type of people in the Whitehouse today. They have a proven track record.

To be fair I do consider Bush a dope and more of a puppet. He is not evil, he is simply ignorant and led by people like Cheney and Rove.

Kerry is not the savior, but I think his intentions are more genuine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 09:20 AM
    [b] [quote][b]Section - you honestly think Bush risked his own political career and the lives of tens of thousands of US soldiers just so that oil companies could make more money? You think he risked all of that so that his already super-rich friends would get slightly richer? Even if you think the Iraq War was/is a mistake, have you considered the possibility that Bush at least acted in good faith and his intentions were good? [/b][/quote]

To an extent yes. That is why I have no faith in him. From day 1 he was hell bent on taking over Iraqui oil. In my opinion he is a farce and has continually lied to the American people. Do you think Kenneth Lay had the interests of his employees in mind when he made his decisions? These are the type of people in the Whitehouse today. They have a proven track record.

To be fair I do consider Bush a dope and more of a puppet. He is not evil, he is simply ignorant and led by people like Cheney and Rove.

Kerry is not the savior, but I think his intentions are more genuine. [/b][/quote]
    Fair enough. It&#39;s one thing to enage in fraudulent accounting in order to atrificially prop up a share price and hide debt and maintain the appearance of earnings, so that your stock price continues to grow and recive favorable analyst reviews. It&#39;s quite a stretch to compare that to willfully risking the lives of tens of thousands of people to increase earnings through a [b]war[/b], easpecially the earnings of your friends, and not yourself. Had Lay never gotten caught, his vested employees would all have been fine with the (artificial) high share prices, though. With the War it&#39;s different, Bush knew going in that many would die. Remember, prior to the war, alarmiss were talking about a US death toll like Vietnam. That&#39;s a whole &#39;nother level, IMO.

But, hey, just two guys&#39; opinions, I guess...thanks for answering honestly....

flushingjet
    Iran, North Korea, Pakistan and India...yup, all on Clinton&#39;s (the
    2nd worst president ever after Carter) watch.