Thread: The voter registration effort

Its certainly important to have a good number of registered voters but don't you get the feeling like its almost entirely democrats who you see pushing this register/rock the vote stuff? To me, it really seems like such a partisan effort. As far as I'm concerened the vast majority of people that aren't already registered that you see signing up at these booths are usually such morons they probably shouldn't be voting.

The democrats are basically going after the young, becasue they don't know any better, and the ignorant morons, becasue they just don't get it and probably never well.

young people don't know any better...
    so the democrat choice is the wrong one? Is that what you are saying?

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us." Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites), Aug. 26, 2002.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LesterLyles[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 04:25 PM
    [b] Its certainly important to have a good number of registered voters but don't you get the feeling like its almost entirely democrats who you see pushing this register/rock the vote stuff? To me, it really seems like such a partisan effort. As far as I'm concerened the vast majority of people that aren't already registered that you see signing up at these booths are usually such morons they probably shouldn't be voting.

The democrats are basically going after the young, becasue they don't know any better, and the ignorant morons, becasue they just don't get it and probably never well. [/b][/quote]
    I would call the people that vote for the worst commander in chief simply because they may save some money on their taxes morons as well.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 02:29 PM
    [b] young people don't know any better...
    so the democrat choice is the wrong one? Is that what you are saying?

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction. There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us." Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites), Aug. 26, 2002. [/b][/quote]
    C'mon man. I'm pretty recently removed from my youth i.e. 18-22 and I fully admit that I didn't understand anything in those days. Perhaps I respect and listen to my elders too much but whenver somebody who has lived through more than me speaks, I think no mater what, its worthwhilw to listen. Generally I think kids start getting a clue at 23 or 24. What does an 18 year old who has never worked a day in his/her life know about anything. ...yet these are a big prt of the democrat base. I'll never forget the "boxer or briefs" MTV qustion in 1992. Summed up the '92 election IMO. If you ask me, move the drinking age to 18 and the voting age to 21.

if you are old enough to pay taxes, register for selective service you should be allowed the right to vote IMO

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 03:07 PM
    [b] if you are old enough to pay taxes, register for selective service you should be allowed the right to vote IMO [/b][/quote]
    Thats true bit and by no means am I advocating a change in the law. i just think the large majority of 18-22 year olds don't know what is going on. How many 18-22 year olds actually pay their own taxes. The way the system works now where almost everybody goes to college (not quite like the old days) you don't start working and paying your own way in our society until you're 22.

hey dude..I agree with you...I think college age people don't have a clue!!
    BUT there is a law!
    so you can die in Iraq, drive a car..but not vote or buy beer!...is that the law you want?

how about a law that says only 30 years olds can go and fight in a war...I guarantee you have this board would be anti bush!!