Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraq wasn't a threat??

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] a-hole...
    Saddam gave money to the familiesof suicide bombers..Not to Hamas..SYria supports Hamas...

OH,,,The sauds (bush allies and friends) also GIVE LOTS of Money to the families of suicide bombers in palestine...
    SO please do not post here unless you know the facts. [/b][/quote]
    Do you make most of your posts here personal if someone doesn't agree with you?

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Oct 8 2004, 10:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 &#064; Oct 8 2004, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] The FBI is examining the materials, but a Department of Homeland Security official said the intelligence community determined there was no threat.

The military retrieved the disks in Iraq within the last couple of months, and they were turned over to the FBI, one official said Thursday.

"There is no threat associated with this," another government official said.

The schools are in Fort Myers, Florida; Salem, Oregon; Jones County, Georgia; New Jersey; Michigan; and California.

The Department of Homeland Security official said the material was associated with a person in Iraq, and it could not be established that this person had any ties to terrorism. He did have a connection to civic groups doing planning for schools in Iraq, the official said. [/b][/quote]
    Ahahahahaha omg that is so funny. The guy most likely was downloading floorplans to help creat new Iraqi schools. (Information btw that shouldn&#39;t be available to the public.) What do we do? We call him a terrorist and try to strike fear accross the country.[/b][/quote]
    sect 109:
    I live in NJ and have 4 kids -3 of school age. This very well may turn out to be nothing but how dare you insinuate this is nothing more than a scare tactic. As a tax paying American I want to be informed of potential threats so I can make an educated decision on what to do about this. If my kids went to any of the schools mentioned I might want to switch schools, home school or do nothing. However I could never forgive my govt if something happened to my kids while the govt knew their was a direct threat against their very school. Just because youre anti-Bush, lets not lose perspective here. I would think any and all parents would want to know this info. I hope and pray our govt continues to protect your family and mine.

I saw this story earlier, but just noticed now that one of the NJ towns they mentioned is Fair Haven, which is where I live. This is scary &#036;hit. I don&#39;t live my life in fear by any means, but when I read this it gave me chills.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 02:03 PM
    [b] I saw this story earlier, but just noticed now that one of the NJ towns they mentioned is Fair Haven, which is where I live. This is scary &#036;hit. I don&#39;t live my life in fear by any means, but when I read this it gave me chills. [/b][/quote]
    Rumson/Fair Haven...Did you go to high school there? I grew up in Hazlet, went to St. John Vianney High School

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Addict SouthFL+Oct 8 2004, 12:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Addict SouthFL @ Oct 8 2004, 12:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] a-hole...
    Saddam gave money to the familiesof suicide bombers..Not to Hamas..SYria supports Hamas...

OH,,,The sauds (bush allies and friends) also GIVE LOTS of Money to the families of suicide bombers in palestine...
    Do you make most of your posts here personal if someone doesn&#39;t agree with you? [/b][/quote]
    So if he gives money to the families, that is not support. Wake up stoner and realize that if he is paying the families then other families will see that they will get paid for these attacks and continue to do it. Sounds like a conection to me.

Sadam was also quoted in 99 that the day he is told that his country is capable of a Nuke attack, Isreal will be gone off this earth.
    NOOOO he is no threat, he is a sane person. The libs will say well we would have to wait to see the mushroom cloud to be sure he would do something like this.

Of course he does, because thats what the Libs do. If you don&#39;t agree with them , they attack you.

I hope one day he decides to go to a JETS game. I would like for him to call me an A hole to my face. It would be funny to hang him by his draws from an RV and and paste BUSH stickers all over him.

He would be so stoned anyway he wouldn&#39;t even know what was going on.
    I guess kids will be kids.

All League
    [quote][b]I live in NJ and have 4 kids -3 of school age. This very well may turn out to be nothing but how dare you insinuate this is nothing more than a scare tactic. As a tax paying American I want to be informed of potential threats so I can make an educated decision on what to do about this. If my kids went to any of the schools mentioned I might want to switch schools, home school or do nothing. However I could never forgive my govt if something happened to my kids while the govt knew their was a direct threat against their very school. Just because youre anti-Bush, lets not lose perspective here. I would think any and all parents would want to know this info. I hope and pray our govt continues to protect your family and mine. [/b][/quote]

So you are saying you would rather have false information rather than no information?

Look this administration preys on fear. They want everyone in the country to be afraid, not just people in D.C. and N.Y. I bet you ran out to buy duct tape and plastic sheeting when they told you to prepare for a dirty bomb.

[quote][b]I saw this story earlier, but just noticed now that one of the NJ towns they mentioned is Fair Haven, which is where I live. This is scary &#036;hit. I don&#39;t live my life in fear by any means, but when I read this it gave me chills. [/b][/quote]

You took their bait hook, line, and sinker. That is what they want a bunch of soccer moms running around scared thinking W is the only one who can keep them safe.

The point is it appears this "evidence" is completly false and the guy had legitimate reasons to have these floor plans.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] a-hole...

And Clinton&#39;s friends as well

4th, I&#39;ve only lived here @ 3 1/2 years. I grew up in upstate NY. When my wife & I were single we both did summer houses in Manasquan & Spring Lake and loved the Jersey shore. This town was basically a comprimise between living near the beach and commuting to the city. I only know Hazlett from commuting on the Pkwy and driving through on my way to Delilia&#39;s Den. :D Although good Catholic boys like us should stay as far away from that place as possible.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfaninCO+Oct 8 2004, 02:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetsfaninCO @ Oct 8 2004, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] a-hole...

And Clinton&#39;s friends as well [/b][/quote]
    The information wasnt false. There were school floor plans found in Iraq. This is a fact. What becomes of it is unknown and like I said will probably amount to nothing. The govt did the right thing letting the public know.

Yes I did buy duct tape. As I indicated, I have children whose lives I value more than anything in the world. I guess that makes me a fool.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 02:18 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I live in NJ and have 4 kids -3 of school age. This very well may turn out to be nothing but how dare you insinuate this is nothing more than a scare tactic. As a tax paying American I want to be informed of potential threats so I can make an educated decision on what to do about this. If my kids went to any of the schools mentioned I might want to switch schools, home school or do nothing. However I could never forgive my govt if something happened to my kids while the govt knew their was a direct threat against their very school. Just because youre anti-Bush, lets not lose perspective here. I would think any and all parents would want to know this info. I hope and pray our govt continues to protect your family and mine. [/b][/quote]

So you are saying you would rather have false information rather than no information?

Look this administration preys on fear. They want everyone in the country to be afraid, not just people in D.C. and N.Y. I bet you ran out to buy duct tape and plastic sheeting when they told you to prepare for a dirty bomb.

[quote][b]I saw this story earlier, but just noticed now that one of the NJ towns they mentioned is Fair Haven, which is where I live. This is scary &#036;hit. I don&#39;t live my life in fear by any means, but when I read this it gave me chills. [/b][/quote]

You took their bait hook, line, and sinker. That is what they want a bunch of soccer moms running around scared thinking W is the only one who can keep them safe.

The point is it appears this "evidence" is completly false and the guy had legitimate reasons to have these floor plans. [/b][/quote]
    sorry I quoted the wrong email-see response above.

All League
    [quote][b]The information wasnt false. There were school floor plans found in Iraq. This is a fact. What becomes of it is unknown and like I said will probably amount to nothing. The govt did the right thing letting the public know.
    [/b][/quote]

You guys can&#39;t have it both ways. To any reasonable person CBS should have instantly seen that the documents they received were forgeries. They ran with them anyway because of their agenda and for ratings.

This situation is no different. The government could with minimal effort rule this guy out, yet they have to cry wolf to create more fear.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 02:41 PM
    [b] [quote][b]The information wasnt false. There were school floor plans found in Iraq. This is a fact. What becomes of it is unknown and like I said will probably amount to nothing. The govt did the right thing letting the public know.
    [/b][/quote]

You guys can&#39;t have it both ways. To any reasonable person CBS should have instantly seen that the documents they received were forgeries. They ran with them anyway because of their agenda and for ratings.

This situation is no different. The government could with minimal effort rule this guy out, yet they have to cry wolf to create more fear. [/b][/quote]
    A- The situation is very different. The results of CBS is skewed politics. The result of school floor plans in Iraq could be deadly.

B- Despite our knowledge now that the person found with these docs had them for constructive purposes doesnt ease my mind. The fact that they are over there and obviously easily accessible to anyone including Iraqis (good or bad), pedophiles, etc. is still very disturbing and I&#39;m glad the govt didnt keep us in the dark.

If in fact the govt is distributing this info for scare tactics as you state, then they are still doing the right thing, but for the wrong reason.

BTW-you label me "you guys". You should be careful with labeling people. I [i]am[/i] a republican, however I am one of the few not voting for Bush (and certainly am not voting for Kerry) but that is for another thread.

Enjoy the game---Go Jets&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    [quote][b]BTW-you label me "you guys". You should be careful with labeling people. I am a republican, however I am one of the few not voting for Bush (and certainly am not voting for Kerry) but that is for another thread.
    [/b][/quote]

Then wtf is point of voting at all. These are the only viable options. I wish it were different, but a vote for Nader or a libertarian means nothing.

Like I said before that information shouldn&#39;t be publically acessible, but whats the difference? Anyone could walk in to pretty much any school in the country and scope it out.

[quote][b]If in fact the govt is distributing this info for scare tactics as you state, then they are still doing the right thing, but for the wrong reason.
    [/b][/quote]

What is that supposed to mean? Are you saying even though their motives are wrong atleast they are wising up the American people to the threats we face?

this is ludicrous... a single cd found in iraq somehow justifies the war?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by OneEyedWonder+Oct 8 2004, 08:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (OneEyedWonder &#064; Oct 8 2004, 08:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>[b]A man described as an Iraqi insurgent involved in anti-coalition activities[/b] had downloaded school floor plans and safety and security information about elementary and high schools in the six states, according to officials.[/b][/quote]
    it just goes to show you how poor our media news outlets are-- the article i got that news from, on cnn, [url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/08/schools.iraq/index.html]very different info on who had the plans:[/url]
    <!--QuoteBegin-cnn.com[/i]@ Oct 8, 2004
    [b]The Homeland Security official said the material was associated with a specific individual in Iraq, and [b]it could not be established that this man had any ties to terrorism. He did have a connection to civic groups doing planning for schools in Iraq, the official said.[/b]
    --
    Authorities said the recovered information, publicly available through the Internet and other sources, is unrelated to a bulletin that the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued Wednesday advising schools and law enforcement about school safety in the wake of the Beslan, Russia, school massacre.[/b][/quote]

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired+Oct 8 2004, 10:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (isired @ Oct 8 2004, 10:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by OneEyedWonder@Oct 8 2004, 08:13 AM
    [b][b]A man described as an Iraqi insurgent involved in anti-coalition activities[/b] had downloaded school floor plans and safety and security information about elementary and high schools in the six states, according to officials.[/b][/quote]
    it just goes to show you how poor our media news outlets are-- the article i got that news from, on cnn, [url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/08/schools.iraq/index.html]very different info on who had the plans:[/url]
    <!--QuoteBegin-cnn.com[/i]@ Oct 8, 2004
    [b]The Homeland Security official said the material was associated with a specific individual in Iraq, and [b]it could not be established that this man had any ties to terrorism. He did have a connection to civic groups doing planning for schools in Iraq, the official said.[/b]
    --
    Authorities said the recovered information, publicly available through the Internet and other sources, is unrelated to a bulletin that the FBI and Department of Homeland Security issued Wednesday advising schools and law enforcement about school safety in the wake of the Beslan, Russia, school massacre.[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    without a doubt, the different news media organizations are going to spin stories differently. it may have seemed a lot worse than it was, if it was reported (and it may have been) by/on Fox News.

I still believe, though, its important to note that not who had this information, but that IT was had. and if someone who works on planning schools is in control of it, is it so far out of the realm of reason to believe it couldn&#39;t get in the hands of terrorists?? when that school was seized in Russia, being the father of 2 small boys, one in school 3 days a week, i became extremely worried about something like that happening here.

my biggest fears, after 9/11, were not for myself, but for my kids...worrying about what kind of world they are going to live in and how different it is going to be for them as opposed to when i was a kid.

thats why i support our president and the choices he&#39;s made. we stood on the sidelines for years and were attacked, twice. the man has been more proactive, on the offensive, as he said tonight. we&#39;re not going to sit back and wait for the next attack....we&#39;re out there trying to prevent it from happening, not to react to it after it happened.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Oct 8 2004, 10:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 @ Oct 8 2004, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bman[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:56 AM
    [b] The FBI is examining the materials, but a Department of Homeland Security official said the intelligence community determined there was no threat.

The military retrieved the disks in Iraq within the last couple of months, and they were turned over to the FBI, one official said Thursday.

"There is no threat associated with this," another government official said.

The schools are in Fort Myers, Florida; Salem, Oregon; Jones County, Georgia; New Jersey; Michigan; and California.

The Department of Homeland Security official said the material was associated with a person in Iraq, and it could not be established that this person had any ties to terrorism. He did have a connection to civic groups doing planning for schools in Iraq, the official said. [/b][/quote]
    Ahahahahaha omg that is so funny. The guy most likely was downloading floorplans to help creat new Iraqi schools. (Information btw that shouldn&#39;t be available to the public.) What do we do? We call him a terrorist and try to strike fear accross the country. [/b][/quote]
    But what if the terrorists had attacked a school here and then we find out that these disks were found in Iraq, but the govt. said nothing b/c they didn&#39;t think they were serious. You&#39;d blame Bush for that too, right?

Any president will be in a catch-22 position from now on. If the threat level is raised too often w/o incident, the prez is playing on our fears, but if the level isn&#39;t raise and we are attacked, then the prez didn&#39;t do enough. Go figure.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

good news, to a degree, read from many sources today that the guy had no ties to insurgents or terrorists, just establishing school policy in iraq, that they were policy documents available on the &#39;public education&#39; section of the US gov&#39;t website.

still glad it wasn&#39;t my kids schools up there, i hope they pull all that stuff down...

i read today, think it was the Star-Ledger here in Jersey, that the guy who was in the possesion of the disks was not a terrorists, but that his father may have been linked to terrorists. so who really knows what to believe.

[quote][b]But Sidney Caspersen, New Jersey&#39;s Counter-Terrorism director, said the doctor&#39;s father was linked to the insurgency in Iraq. "Pretty much the father was a bad guy," he said.[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-18/109730228693280.xml]Link[/url]

Just so you all know, many schools these days post the detailed floorplans on the internet these days to assist parents and new students. I am not sure what else this individual (who apperas to have had the info legitimately) posessed, in terms of details and schematics, but floorplans for schools are pretty common these days.

And even if they weren&#39;t available online, they are available publicly in many places. If a terrorist is here in the U.S., he would very easily be able to get such info.

For what it&#39;s worth.