Thread: Metallica and the Wiggles

Veteran
    I just got my Metallica Tix and tix to see the Wiggles at MSG---I'm sure I am the only one in history who will ever see these two events.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sect112row36[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 11:18 AM
    [b] I just got my Metallica Tix and tix to see the Wiggles at MSG---I'm sure I am the only one in history who will ever see these two events. [/b][/quote]
    Probably I'd love to take my kid to see the Wiggles but never in a million years would I pay that kind of money to see an old washed up metal band.

[quote][i]Originally posted by sect112row36[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 12:18 PM
    [b] I just got my Metallica Tix and tix to see the Wiggles at MSG---I'm sure I am the only one in history who will ever see these two events. [/b][/quote]
    I'm going to see them, Metallica not The Wiggles, on Friday the 22nd at the Arena.

Can't wait, seen them about 30 times so far.

Veteran
    At least they're not being bumped by The Wiggles, unlike a [url=http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?ID=101702]football game[/url].

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tooooon88+Oct 15 2004, 05:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tooooon88 @ Oct 15 2004, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sect112row36[/i]@Oct 8 2004, 12:18 PM
    [b] I just got my Metallica Tix and tix to see the Wiggles at MSG---I&#39;m sure I am the only one in history who will ever see these two events. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m going to see them, Metallica not The Wiggles, on Friday the 22nd at the Arena.

Can&#39;t wait, seen them about 30 times so far. [/b][/quote]
    will be there the 22nd as well--first time seeing metallica (from a veteran headbanger). Cant wait.

All League
    I was front row... and hate em all you want Alk, that show was awesome&#33;

Veteran
    I was in the 3rd row and couldnt agree more. The fact that theyre still performing and recording is a testimony to their standing in the music world. I have been a fan since the beginning and also like their earlier stuff better, but every great band needs to adjust with the times to keep it going. Hopefully we&#39;ll be talking about this 20 years from now.

Best song of the night--Fade to Black--it doesnt get any better than that.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sect112row36[/i]@Oct 27 2004, 02:43 PM
    [b] I was in the 3rd row and couldnt agree more. The fact that theyre still performing and recording is a testimony to their standing in the music world. I have been a fan since the beginning and also like their earlier stuff better, but every great band needs to adjust with the times to keep it going. Hopefully we&#39;ll be talking about this 20 years from now.

Best song of the night--Fade to Black--it doesnt get any better than that. [/b][/quote]
    If I had a choice pick of the night it had to be "One"... I just love experiencing that song live... only thing that concert missed was Creeping Death... but the fact that they played Disposable Heroes, The Unforgiven, and Seek and Destroy will let me forgive that :D I even love St. Anger live... Hetfield and I were face to face while he was playing the last few heavy riffs... Everyone was going nuts&#33;&#33;&#33; SICK&#33; :lol:

I gotta agree with you, Metallica rocks and the haters simply dont know what theyre missing...

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR+Oct 27 2004, 06:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetChefJR @ Oct 27 2004, 06:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sect112row36[/i]@Oct 27 2004, 02:43 PM
    [b] I was in the 3rd row and couldnt agree more. The fact that theyre still performing and recording is a testimony to their standing in the music world. I have been a fan since the beginning and also like their earlier stuff better, but every great band needs to adjust with the times to keep it going. Hopefully we&#39;ll be talking about this 20 years from now.

Best song of the night--Fade to Black--it doesnt get any better than that. [/b][/quote]
    If I had a choice pick of the night it had to be "One"... I just love experiencing that song live... only thing that concert missed was Creeping Death... but the fact that they played Disposable Heroes, The Unforgiven, and Seek and Destroy will let me forgive that :D I even love St. Anger live... Hetfield and I were face to face while he was playing the last few heavy riffs... Everyone was going nuts&#33;&#33;&#33; SICK&#33; :lol:

I gotta agree with you, Metallica rocks and the haters simply dont know what theyre missing... [/b][/quote]
    I thought Hetfield struggled a little with The Unforgiven. I also never really like St Anger but loved their performance of it. Metallica has so many great songs they cant do them all in one night. The difference between old Metallica and newer Metallica is the old Metallica had no bad songs on any album. The current Metallica still puts out great songs but has some clunkers. Not crazy about King Nothing or Memory remains, would have liked Sanortarium, Until it Sleeps.

Also caught a pick from Hammett..--I couldve done without those explosions though.

How about the show in between GS and Metallica----

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR[/i]@Oct 27 2004, 12:59 PM
    [b] I was front row... and hate em all you want Alk, that show was awesome&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t hate them, I just think the prices they demand for their tickets are ridiculous. They aren&#39;t half the band that they were yet they charge twice as much. I&#39;m sure it makes perfect sense to them though.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Alk+Oct 28 2004, 10:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Alk @ Oct 28 2004, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetChefJR[/i]@Oct 27 2004, 12:59 PM
    [b] I was front row... and hate em all you want Alk, that show was awesome&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t hate them, I just think the prices they demand for their tickets are ridiculous. They aren&#39;t half the band that they were yet they charge twice as much. I&#39;m sure it makes perfect sense to them though. [/b][/quote]
    how much do they charge?

Aerosmith charges a ton for tix. They came to Tallahassee last year and we&#39;re charging 70 bucks for back of arena seats. Another band that isn&#39;t quite what it used to be.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetChefJR[/i]@Oct 28 2004, 12:10 AM
    [b] I gotta agree with you, Metallica rocks and the haters simply dont know what theyre missing... [/b][/quote]
    Yes we do, and we&#39;re not too bothered.... :lol:
    Good to see you guys enjoyed it, though.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mavrik+Oct 29 2004, 05:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mavrik @ Oct 29 2004, 05:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Alk@Oct 28 2004, 10:28 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-JetChefJR[/i]@Oct 27 2004, 12:59 PM
    I don&#39;t hate them, I just think the prices they demand for their tickets are ridiculous. They aren&#39;t half the band that they were yet they charge twice as much. I&#39;m sure it makes perfect sense to them though. [/b][/quote]
    how much do they charge?

Aerosmith charges a ton for tix. They came to Tallahassee last year and we&#39;re charging 70 bucks for back of arena seats. Another band that isn&#39;t quite what it used to be. [/b][/quote]
    mine were 70 i think, but I was FRONT ROW against the barrier... well worth it :) I think nose-bleeds are like 50...