Charter JI Member

F-him, and F-the Sux

Now you get the Yanks..and all that stuff that comes with it!! :lol:

Maxman
    Scot...My MVP voting would go like this:

1. VLAD
    2. Ortiz
    3. Sheffield

# 2 and # 3 were the best offensive players on very good teams. # 1 was great on an average team. He carried them to the playoffs IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 9 2004, 04:51 AM

1. VLAD
    2. Ortiz
    3. Sheffield

# 2 and # 3 were the best offensive players on very good teams. # 1 was great on an average team. He carried them to the playoffs IMO.
    I think you are right. Vlad made a HUGE difference for the Angels.

I just posted as I mostly liked the picture!

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 9 2004, 08:51 AM

1. VLAD
    2. Ortiz
    3. Sheffield

Max -

Your right about Vlad, but for all his great play, Anaheim won because their 17-14 finish was better then Oakland's 13-18 and Texas' 16-16 finishes. The Angels got hot for a week and won the division.

Shef carried a team that had no starting pitching in July and August as their primary contender got hot and he helped hold them off.

I think Shef is a tool, but he deseres the nod.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Oct 9 2004, 08:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Oct 9 2004, 08:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 9 2004, 08:51 AM

1. VLAD
    2. Ortiz
    3. Sheffield

Max -

Your right about Vlad, but for all his great play, Anaheim won because their 17-14 finish was better then Oakland&#39;s 13-18 and Texas&#39; 16-16 finishes. The Angels got hot for a week and won the division.

Shef carried a team that had no starting pitching in July and August as their primary contender got hot and he helped hold them off.

I think Shef is a tool, but he deseres the nod. [/b][/quote]
    Holy Crap...you and I are on opposite sides of the fence. You have the Yankee and I have the Sox.

Without Sheff the Yankees don&#39;t win the division. But they still make the playoffs via the wildcard. Without Vlad, the Angels would have been out of the postseason.

The net effect for the Angels is 3 days. But making the postseason and exiting quickly is still progress for them.

Hall Of Fame
    bump

And this guy signed for something like 3 years 20M.
    Bargain.

Did they cast the votes right after the regular season?

His shot that clinched the Anaheim series and this one that only delayed the envitable might way heavy in some minds.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 18 2004, 12:51 PM
    Did they cast the votes right after the regular season?

His shot that clinched the Anaheim series and this one that only delayed the envitable might way heavy in some minds.
    Yes the votes are already made. This way postseason is not a factor.

If it were Sheff and Matsui would be co mvps and Jon Leiber would be the Cy Young.

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 8 2004, 07:48 PM
    F-him, and F-the Sux

BINGO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

F*CK EM ALL