Thread: Here's why Vazquez is a loser

3-1 Game in the 5th and the Yankees worked their game-plan to perfection ... tagged Santana with a high pitch count {mid 80's} after five innings and coming off three days rest ... worked the Pedro strategy to perfection ... you knew Santana was just about cooked ... now the Yankees would get the Twins bullpen in a close game

BUT NO!!

With two outs and the bases loaded, Vazquez works an 0-2 count on Lew Ford ... 0-2!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;

So what does he do with the next pitch, on 0-2?!?!

You Guessed it ... HANGS A CURVEBALL RIGHT DOWN BROADWAY!!!!!!!!&# 33;!!!!!!!

HANGS AN ABSOLUTE COOKIE ... PUT IT ON A TEE!!!!!!!!!

I ... ME ... GJ&H could have knocked the cover off that ball

AN ABSOLUTE HANGIN CURVE ON 0-2 ... RIGHT DOWN THE HEART OF THE PLATE ... AND WITH THE BASES JUICED AND 2 OUTS

Needless to say Lew Ford rips it down the line {as my 6 year old niece could have done with that meatball}, and suddenly a 3-1 Game with Santana just about cooked is a comfortable 5-1 lead for the Twins

That's Javier Vazquez in a nutshell ... that pitch in that spot defined his entire career as a Yankee thus far ... THAT WAS VINTAGE JAVIER VAZQUEZ ... and that's why the man is a loser

All Pro
    The punk throws meatballs right down the pipe...

Hell, don't even get me started on Loaiza, PATHETIC

We better win in Yankee Stadium tomorrow night <_<

Originally posted by DTrainBringinDaPain@Oct 9 2004, 07:02 PM
    The punk throws meatballs right down the pipe
    Lew Ford nearly jumped out of his shoes going after that pitch

His eyes were the size of manhole covers :ph34r: ... couldn&#39;t believe he saw such a meatball on 0-2

That pitch must have looked the size of a basketball

Maxman
    Javy has had a terrible 2nd half. But I wouldn&#39;t call the guy a loser. He needs to pack it in for the year at this point. But he has a ton of heart. He doesn&#39;t lose because he is afraid.

If the Yankees are going to have any shot over the next few years Javy will have to be a part of it. The pickings for their rotation are that slim and he has a big contract.

So it is thanks for the effort this year Javy...and we will see you next year. Branding the guy a LOSER is a little too permanent a label at this point.

he is a piece of sh*t. when we worked santana out of the game, he had to screw it up. what a piece of s**t&#33;

at least game 5 is in the bronx. I wish hernandez could have gone today

UH OH :lol:

5-5 &#33;&#33;&#33;

Sierra with the 3 run JACK&#33;&#33;

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 9 2004, 04:59 PM
    3-1 Game in the 5th and the Yankees worked their game-plan to perfection ... tagged Santana with a high pitch count {mid 80&#39;s} after five innings and coming off three days rest ... worked the Pedro strategy to perfection ... you knew Santana was just about cooked ... now the Yankees would get the Twins bullpen in a close game

BUT NO&#33;&#33;

With two outs and the bases loaded, Vazquez works an 0-2 count on Lew Ford ... 0-2&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;

So what does he do with the next pitch, on 0-2?&#33;?&#33;

You Guessed it ... HANGS A CURVEBALL RIGHT DOWN BROADWAY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

HANGS AN ABSOLUTE COOKIE ... PUT IT ON A TEE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I ... ME ... GJ&H could have knocked the cover off that ball

AN ABSOLUTE HANGIN CURVE ON 0-2 ... RIGHT DOWN THE HEART OF THE PLATE ... AND WITH THE BASES JUICED AND 2 OUTS

Needless to say Lew Ford rips it down the line {as my 6 year old niece could have done with that meatball}, and suddenly a 3-1 Game with Santana just about cooked is a comfortable 5-1 lead for the Twins

That&#39;s Javier Vazquez in a nutshell ... that pitch in that spot defined his entire career as a Yankee thus far ... THAT WAS VINTAGE JAVIER VAZQUEZ ... and that&#39;s why the man is a loser
    I agree.