Thread: Joe Girardi made an excellent point

Girardi said this can actually give Duque an added week to rest up and prepare for the Red Sox in Game 3

I was thinking an added 3 or 4 days for Game 2, but this makes even more sense

Let Moose and Brownie start Games 1 & 2 ... then bring a rested EL Duque back for Joe Torre's pivitol Game 3

The ultimate October warrior!!

I like it

It'll probably be
    Mussina
    Lieber
    Brown
    Hernadez

Originally posted by Jetlag@Oct 9 2004, 11:36 PM
    It'll probably be
    Mussina
    Lieber
    Brown
    Hernadez
    I would go this way .....

Game 1. Mussina
    Game 2. Brown
    Game 3. Duque
    Game 4. Lieber
    Game 5. Mussina
    Game 6. Brown
    Game 7. Duque

Hall Of Fame
    I think game two should be Liber. Liber pitched a great game on Wedsenday and im not sold on brown facing the sox just yet.

Banned
    Leiber and Brown ahead of El Duque

shoulder injuries are a *****, and I dont want him to aggravate it in game 3 and maybe make us replace him with another pitcher, which would throw off our gameplan

lieber has to pitch in yankee stadium, same with brown

duque should go in boston

moose
    lieber
    brown
    duque

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 9 2004, 10:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 9 2004, 10:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag@Oct 9 2004, 11:36 PM
    It&#39;ll probably be
    Mussina
    Lieber
    Brown
    Hernadez

Game 1. Mussina
    Game 2. Brown
    Game 3. Duque
    Game 4. Lieber
    Game 5. Mussina
    Game 6. Brown
    Game 7. Duque [/b][/quote]
    You and I think EXACTLY alike&#33;&#33;

I doubt brown goes game 2, I read in the paper that he is sore and stiff

Maxman
    EricBarton...good point about Lieber in the Bronx. He definitely gets game # 2 at home.

If you look at Torre&#39;s track record over the years he always counts game 3 as being HUGE. That being said he won&#39;t throw Leiber in that spot. The Yankees have hit Pedro the past few times so they are hopefully looking at some run support. Great game for Leiber to go.

To count on Orlando for anything at this point is premature. He had a dead arm last week folks. He was maxing out at 82 MPH. You can have all the guts and craftiness in the world but 82 MPH is not going to keep anyone honest.

Brown gets game 3. Orlando if his arm improves gets the nod in game 4. He isn&#39;t throwing a bullpen session until Monday anyway. If he is throwing then, there is no way they run him back out there tue or wed anyway.

I have said it a million times. It all comes down to KEVIN BROWN.

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 9 2004, 08:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 9 2004, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag@Oct 9 2004, 11:36 PM
    It&#39;ll probably be
    Mussina
    Lieber
    Brown
    Hernadez

Game 1. Mussina
    Game 2. Brown
    Game 3. Duque
    Game 4. Lieber
    Game 5. Mussina
    Game 6. Brown
    Game 7. Duque [/b][/quote]
    It would still be Lieber pitching game 2. The reason, he has pitched great at Yankee Stadium and not as great on the road.

K. Brown is an ace and he should start the pivotal Game 3 on the road.