Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush timber company

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    how about in the 2nd debate when Kerry correctly called Bush out on the fact that the President is a "small business" for tax purposes and Bush tried to laugh it off -

it's true

[quote][b]In fact, according to his 2003 financial disclosure form, Bush does own part interest in "LSTF, LLC", a limited-liability company organized "for the purpose of the production of trees [/b][/quote]

according to factcheck.org, the website Charisma-less Cheney butchered the name of the other day

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bush family has their money tied into MANY places.............

I remember what Bush said during the debate when he was called out about this. I think his response was something like, " I do?, That’s news to me". LOL…. Oh and he also hid behind his signature smile after saying this, and then gave a wink to someone in the audience.

His arrogance during the debate was pathetic. Trying to shout over the moderator, and go against the rules when he was frustrated and flustered....how sad that was.........and its NUCLEAR not NUCULAR!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 12:08 PM
    [b]NEUCLEAR [/b][/quote]
    :blink:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant+Oct 10 2004, 08:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetFanTransplant @ Oct 10 2004, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 12:08 PM
    [b]NEUCLEAR [/b][/quote]
    :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Blahaahaaa....

Yeah, spel itt write, dammet&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 10:09 AM
    [b] according to factcheck.org, the website Charisma-less Cheney butchered the name of the other day [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re a dork man.
    he said .com
    it&#39;s .org

is that what you&#39;re gunna call cheney out on?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol....yeah, but i didnt get a degree from Yale or Havard (forget which one he went to).

Maxman
    Didn&#39;t Bush&#39;s tax return show something like &#036;80 in income from this company? Sounds like he is really profiting from this one. Wow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 11:21 PM
    [b] lol....yeah, but i didnt get a degree from Yale or Havard (forget which one he went to). [/b][/quote]
    Bush went to BOTH Yale and Harvard. Not bad for a supposed moron....

At least Bush releases his tax returns, unlike Kerry&#39;s Sugar Mommy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, let&#39;s get this straight...Bush release his tax returns, in which as president all of his holdings are in a blind trust until he gets out of office that he can&#39;t touch. He gets what amounts to a dividend of &#036;85 on an investment he might not even know about.And if he took the Kerry nondisclosure approach, no one would have known about it. But being a Republican, he has to relase it.

Kerry gets a pass. And Ketchup Boy refuses to release his full tax returns. God only knows what lurks in the reams of tax shelters, shell companies and exotic financial instruments his beloved has to keep the Gigilio in speedboats and rustic English farmhouses moved brick-by-brick to Idaho.

Good to the maninstream media is again being so fair and full in how they investigate and treat these 2 guys. The next time Kerry gets asked a tough question about all this or anything will be a first.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the point of this thread was how Bush either doesn&#39;t understand his own policies or lied to everyone&#39;s face during the debate

he talks about how great he tax cut is for small businesses, how are He and Dick Cheney valid fulfulments of the word "small business?"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let&#39;s stipulate this-Kerry&#39;s full tax return would have a lot more embarrassing stuff than Bush&#39;s, which is why he doesn&#39;t release it. And Bush by law cannot even know or do much about his finances while he&#39;s president. That&#39;s a neat trick by Kerry-break Bush&#39;s hump about something minor that he has no control over and knows nothing about by design, while he refuses to lay out his own investments and finances, which kerry knows about quite openly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] how about in the 2nd debate when Kerry correctly called Bush out on the fact that the President is a "small business" for tax purposes and Bush tried to laugh it off -

it&#39;s true

[quote][b]In fact, according to his 2003 financial disclosure form, Bush does own part interest in "LSTF, LLC", a limited-liability company organized "for the purpose of the production of trees [/b][/quote]

according to factcheck.org, the website Charisma-less Cheney butchered the name of the other day [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti, are you this ignorant? This is getting a bit tiresome....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 11 2004, 09:35 AM
    [b] the point of this thread was how Bush either doesn&#39;t understand his own policies or lied to everyone&#39;s face during the debate

he talks about how great he tax cut is for small businesses, how are He and Dick Cheney valid fulfulments of the word "small business?" [/b][/quote]
    This is pretty simple, even for you Matt.

Person A invests in Company X
    Company X has the benefit of A&#39;s money to expand business.

To expand business Company X needs to hire more people.

Therefore using the transitive property, Person A is directly contributing to Company X&#39;s ability to hire.

A tax break for Person A gives them more of an opportunity to invest is Company X.

Therefore, again, tax reductions for "A" directly enhances the ability for "X" to expand its employee base.

Whether or not you want to count Bush Cheney as a "small business" is irrelevant. It&#39;s just semantics. Either way, they are contributing to market growth.

Deny it if you want to, but this is how it works.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] how about in the 2nd debate when Kerry correctly called Bush out on the fact that the President is a "small business" for tax purposes and Bush tried to laugh it off -

it&#39;s true

according to factcheck.org, the website Charisma-less Cheney butchered the name of the other day [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s part of a "blind trust" - you are as feeble as Kerry.

Kerry&#39;s people went sifting through Bush&#39;s financial statements and saw some kind of dividend return for &#036;84 that was traced to the timber industry. Kerry then says (about as clumsily as a human could in a debate) that Bush is the owner of an &#036;84 timber company.

So stupid and half baked a statement (had Bush said it, we&#39;d still be reading the jokey headlines) all Bush could do was make a joke out of it - hence, "need wood?"

A BLIND TRUST, B-Tonti****a, DO YOU SPEAK IT? That&#39;s when money is invested by a person of influence (Such as President Bush) and is invested by an advisor where Bush can&#39;t see it. And when the return is merely &#036;84 dollars, a formality, then you should safely assume that that investment isn&#39;t dictating policy, domestic or foreign. But Kerry, like Bitonti and Bman, can&#39;t grasp this.

Just one minute facet within the greater wheel of an impending landslide for Bush.

Actually, come to think of it, Kerry has said something even dumber since his debate gaffe..."terrorism as nuisance". Wow. He actually thought it out and articulated it for us. Just in time for the election, too. See ya...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] the point of this thread was how Bush either doesn&#39;t understand his own policies or lied to everyone&#39;s face during the debate

he talks about how great he tax cut is for small businesses, how are He and Dick Cheney valid fulfulments of the word "small business?" [/b][/quote]
    If thats the best you can do you have problems. Bush&#39;s point was that raising taxes will hurt the economy. It will hurt small business. Small business is where 70% of jobs are created. What about that can&#39;t you understand?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetFanTransplant+Oct 11 2004, 07:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetFanTransplant @ Oct 11 2004, 07:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 11 2004, 09:35 AM

This is pretty simple, even for you Matt.

Person A invests in Company X
    Company X has the benefit of A&#39;s money to expand business.

To expand business Company X needs to hire more people.

Therefore using the transitive property, Person A is directly contributing to Company X&#39;s ability to hire.

A tax break for Person A gives them more of an opportunity to invest is Company X.

Therefore, again, tax reductions for "A" directly enhances the ability for "X" to expand its employee base.

Whether or not you want to count Bush Cheney as a "small business" is irrelevant. It&#39;s just semantics. Either way, they are contributing to market growth.

Deny it if you want to, but this is how it works. [/b][/quote]
    Jetfan,

That&#39;s the basis of trickle-down economics. It can work but only if Person A utilizes the monies from the tax break to further invest in company X.

If peson A decides to stash that money in the bank or in stocks or real estate or off-shore investments (and the list goes on but you get the picture...) company X does not expand and the economy goes nowhere...

I think the main point of this thread is to highlight the fraudulent means that the Bush team has used in coming up with the 900,000 small businesses that would get hurt by the tax rollback.

Bush counted himself in that category because he earned a measly &#036;85 from an investment so far down on his portfolio that he didn&#39;t even know it existed. Same with Cheney. Keep on adding this up and you can definately see how he came up with that 900,000 figure when it should have been more line 470,000 according to factcheck.org (which Cheney was trying to site for his side)

And by the way, that lumber investment was there prior to Bush taking office so it was not done by the blind trust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 11 2004, 08:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 11 2004, 08:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 11:21 PM
    [b] lol....yeah, but i didnt get a degree from Yale or Havard (forget which one he went to). [/b][/quote]

At least Bush releases his tax returns, unlike Kerry&#39;s Sugar Mommy. [/b][/quote]
    PLEASE..you think Bush Jr. made it to Yale/Harvard on his own? No, daddy called in a few favors...he is a average guy. Average guys dont go to yale or harvard...those are schools for exceptionally smart people. Bush is more the Apex tech guy than yale guy...

LL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 11 2004, 08:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 11 2004, 08:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 11:21 PM

At least Bush releases his tax returns, unlike Kerry&#39;s Sugar Mommy. [/b][/quote]
    PLEASE..you think Bush Jr. made it to Yale/Harvard on his own? No, daddy called in a few favors...he is a average guy. Average guys dont go to yale or harvard...those are schools for exceptionally smart people. Bush is more the Apex tech guy than yale guy...

LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I don&#39;t think he&#39;s refering to himself when he says it&#39;s good for small business.. Can you say that it&#39;s not good for small business?

Also, a question. If he was not considered having a small business, what would the tax difference be? would there be any?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer+Oct 12 2004, 08:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (latinlawyer @ Oct 12 2004, 08:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 11 2004, 08:28 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025[/i]@Oct 10 2004, 11:21 PM

LL [/b][/quote]
    Are you basing that on the fact that he&#39;s not the greatest public speaker to grace the white house? Or that he used to party? Or on nothing at all?