Thread: My hearts not in it

If Mariano is not a part of this, I would like to congratulate the Red Sox before the series even starts ... without Mariano, the Sox are a shoe-in

Not that it matters ... my only concern is with the GREATEST YANKEE I have ever seen and his family

Initially I wrote a longer post explaining my feelings, but I decided to make it short and to the point

Over & Out

All Pro
    I hate the yanks as much as the next Sox fan but I never want to see something above a person losing someone close to him. It's a shame what happened to Rivera's family. Really is.

Come on GJ&H! There is no reason to concede anything. It's horrible what happened to Mariano and if he didn't pitch a game I'd understand but he will pitch and he'll be himself. Remember when Brosius & O'Neill lost their fathers? It was obviosuly difficult but they battled throuhg it and so will MO and if he decides not to we'll find a way b/c we always find a way especially against the Sox. Guys step up out of nowhere on this team all the time, remember '96 when Lloyd & Weathers became vital to the Championship team? They were brutal in the reg season or how about Sojo or Vizcaino? If the Yanks do lose it won't be b/c Mariano wasn't able to pitch or his heart wasn't in it, Mariano is as mentally tough as they come and he'll battle through so if Boston beats us it will be b/c they earned it.

Banned
    Mariano is expected to be back for game 1, which means he'll definitly be back before the series is over

if he misses a game, or even two, we can survive

but yeah, Mo is my favorite yankee, it sucks to see this happen to him of all players

GJ&H is partially right.

Mo is as tough as they come, but he is broken over this, as per the print media reports. I beleive he will play during thsi series, but how well he can contribute is up in the air. It is different than losing a loved one who was ill for a while, like Knoblaugh.

Let's hope this does not happen again

Banned
    Originally posted by Chrisrud@Oct 11 2004, 01:32 PM

Let's hope this does not happen again
    looks like Pedro just came out of the womb

Originally posted by blackout806+Oct 11 2004, 01:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackout806 @ Oct 11 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chrisrud@Oct 11 2004, 01:32 PM

Let&#39;s hope this does not happen again
    looks like Pedro just came out of the womb [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats hilarious

without mariano, red sox are a shoe in?

how so? it isn&#39;t like rivera has totally dominated the red sox in the past, and gordon is the best set up man/former closer in the playoffs.

besides, Rivera will be back. but I really feel bad for him and his family. that&#39;s just terrible.

Banned
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Oct 11 2004, 06:50 PM
    without mariano, red sox are a shoe in?

how so? it isn&#39;t like rivera has totally dominated the red sox in the past, and gordon is the best set up man/former closer in the playoffs.

besides, Rivera will be back. but I really feel bad for him and his family. that&#39;s just terrible.
    he&#39;s our #1 threat

without Pedro, the Yankees are a shoe in, despite Pedro not having luck against the Yankees this year, hes still Bostons #1 threat

it isn&#39;t like rivera has totally dominated the red sox in the past, and gordon is the best set up man/former closer in the playoffs.
    Actually in the postseason Rivera has totally dominated the Sox. It&#39;s not so much the closer role we&#39;d miss b/c Gordon can handle that but w/ Gordon moving back you have no dominant pitcher in the Gordon role. We can get by in the short term(a game or 2) but winning the series w/o Mo makes things alot tougher.

Originally posted by nyjunc@Oct 12 2004, 03:46 AM
    it isn&#39;t like rivera has totally dominated the red sox in the past, and gordon is the best set up man/former closer in the playoffs.
    Actually in the postseason Rivera has totally dominated the Sox. It&#39;s not so much the closer role we&#39;d miss b/c Gordon can handle that but w/ Gordon moving back you have no dominant pitcher in the Gordon role. We can get by in the short term(a game or 2) but winning the series w/o Mo makes things alot tougher.
    The Yankees need there pen at their best, and if Mo is not there, or is mentally out of it, this shuffles everyone else, and this is not a good point for the Yankee chances.

On the bright side, A-Rod had a fabulous series against the Twins, and looks like the guy who was the MVP last year. This bodes well. Also, Matsui looks like his normal clutch self. If Jeter and Sheffield play up to their reputations, the Yankee lineup looks very promising.