Thread: you can't even compare Bush/Kerry

Honestly,
    Whether you are a Kerry fan or not...THE GUY did something with his life...he volunteered for a war..He spoke to Congress against it...
    I mean, Kerry has LIVED some life...Bush was a frat house through the 80's.

Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry is a feature length documentary about character and moral leadership during a time of national crisis. Loosely based on the best-selling book Tour of Duty by Douglas Brinkley, Going Upriver examines the story of John Kerry and the key events that made him a national figure and the man he is today. The film places particular emphasis on his bravery during the Vietnam War and his courageous opposition to the war upon his return.

The film traces Kerry’s early life as a young man who chooses to enlist in the Navy and to go to Vietnam. The film reveals intimate, first person accounts of Kerry’s war service through his own private letters, his eloquent journal, and the vivid memories of the men who served at his side. When Kerry came home disillusioned by the war, he and his fellow Vietnam Veterans challenged Congress and the Nixon administration. As Kerry became a nationally known anti-war activist, the Nixon White House plotted to discredit his leadership, but significantly could find “nothing on him,” as Colson reveals via Watergate tapes. Despite Nixon’s attempt to undermine John Kerry’s political career during his 1972 unsuccessful run for US Congress, Kerry persevered, eventually winning election to the Senate in 1984 and receiving the Democratic nomination for president in 2004.

Going Upriver director George Butler (best known for his highly acclaimed films Pumping Iron, featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger and The Endurance: Shackleton’s Legendary Antarctic Expedition) first realized Kerry’s importance to his generation and began documenting his journey in photographs in 1969, covering Kerry's leadership of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), his early political campaigns, as well as intimate moments of his personal life. The film weaves together Butler’s extraordinary photographs with archival film, interviews with Kerry’s closest associates, and more contemporary images of the Senator at home and abroad.

As a Vietnam War hero and anti-war activist, Kerry’s story is at the center of a defining era in American history. More than a biography of John Kerry, Going Upriver is the story of an American generation that came of age in the tumultuous sixties and that has now come to national leadership at the beginning of a new century -- when issues of war and morality once again hold center stage.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 11 2004, 04:54 PM
    [b] Honestly,
    Whether you are a Kerry fan or not...THE GUY did something with his life...he volunteered for a war..He spoke to Congress against it...
    I mean, Kerry has LIVED some life...Bush was a frat house through the 80's.

[/b][/quote]
    He spoke to Congress about it and later admitted that is was all lies.

Then he started life on the public dole.

Yeah that's doing something.

The former should have been punished by jail time and the latter should be precluded by term limits.

He marries rich widows for their wealth....

There's a life of accomplishment to be proud of....

E-mail copy & paste below.

"Want to know why the Republican National Party convention in August was so successful? Well, it's very simple. Americans saw not only George W. Bush but they also saw a host of other prominent Republicans of national stature as well. They include former New York City Mayor Rudy Giulani, New York Governor George Pataki, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Arizona Republican Senator John McCain.

Bush has kept these venerable Republicans out of the limelight lately but they'll be back in business in about a week or so.

...look for the full court press against John Kerry by these people with national credibility and recognition. They will be able to disect John Kerry's inconsistent statements.

...how will John Kerry be able to handle 5 against 1?"

The ... part I deleted repetitive garbage that preceed it. But the last two statements that start with the ... are pretty big, especially the second one.

Hmmmm.....

[url]www.votenader.org[/url]

You left out that Bush has been president for 4 years, and captured Saddam Husein : ) One of the worst terrorists to ever live :)

[quote][b]Whether you are a Kerry fan or not...THE GUY did something with his life...he volunteered for a war..He spoke to Congress against it...[/b][/quote]

Yeah, he volunteered for war, but why did he cut and run as soon as he could? Sure he got three PH for minor injuries and that made it possible for him to leave, but many others more seriously wounded stayed and fought and died. If he's such a war hero, why does he refuse to release all his records? What's he hiding? Why does Vietnam consider him a war hero?

Hall Of Fame
    Kerry actually volunteered for the Naval Reserves. Sometimes they are called to active duty, sometimes not. He happened to have been sent.

Sometimes the Air National Guard is sent, often times, it is not. Many Guardsmen are currently in Iraq....

But, to be clear, John Kerry volunteered for the Naval Reserves....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 06:20 PM
    [b] Kerry actually volunteered for the Naval Reserves. Sometimes they are called to active duty, sometimes not. He happened to have been sent.

Sometimes the Air National Guard is sent, often times, it is not. Many Guardsmen are currently in Iraq....

But, to be clear, John Kerry volunteered for the Naval Reserves.... [/b][/quote]
    I also enlisted 5ever, Kerry had a draft number of 35!!He would have
    been drafted and when he was there wasn't a Guarantee that he could have
    switched over to OCS in the Army! That's why he enlisted..This way he would
    be a Officer and on a Boat similar to his Idol JFK! Bush had a high draft
    number..He wouldn't have been drafted at all.. ;)
    And what was really wierd was Kerry didn't get his Honorable discharge till
    1995..Something isn't right here..I think it took him years and a friendly
    Dem Administration plus his friendship with the Sec of the Navy to change
    his discharge..Maybe thats why he won't release his records??