Thread: How Good is Beltran?

Two homers against the Braves......Seems pretty good to me

Good enough to be in Pinstripes next year.

Originally posted by Smizzy@Oct 12 2004, 02:48 AM
    He probably just increased the offer he will get from George by another million per year because of this series he had, and especially the game last night.

Seriously.

George goes after Beltran, and makes 1 final attempt at RJ this off-season.

Originally posted by mbn007+Oct 12 2004, 08:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Oct 12 2004, 08:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy@Oct 12 2004, 02:48 AM
    He probably just increased the offer he will get from George by another million per year because of this series he had, and especially the game last night.

Seriously.

George goes after Beltran, and makes 1 final attempt at RJ this off-season. [/b][/quote]
    Sigh, here we go...another George Shopping list. I wish there was a salary cap. It would prevent the rampant hoarding of players and not allow dumbasses to waste money (like my mets). A cap would never be agreed too unless the league was losing money and close to insolvency.

LL

Originally posted by latinlawyer@Oct 12 2004, 08:28 AM
    A cap would never be agreed too unless the league was losing money and close to insolvency.

LL
    Like the NHL????

Maxman
    Originally posted by latinlawyer+Oct 12 2004, 10:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (latinlawyer @ Oct 12 2004, 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mbn007@Oct 12 2004, 08:10 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy
    @Oct 12 2004, 02:48 AM

Seriously.

George goes after Beltran, and makes 1 final attempt at RJ this off-season.
    Sigh, here we go...another George Shopping list. I wish there was a salary cap. It would prevent the rampant hoarding of players and not allow dumbasses to waste money (like my mets). A cap would never be agreed too unless the league was losing money and close to insolvency.

LL [/b][/quote]
    I wish there was a cap as well.

But in the meantime I am going to enjoy the hell out of the Yankees.

TomShane
    I can see it now. You guys will sign Carlos Beltran and the Mets will say that he has "character issues" and, later, will turn around and trade for Milton Bradley. LOL&#33;

Originally posted by TomShane@Oct 12 2004, 10:47 AM
    I can see it now. You guys will sign Carlos Beltran and the Mets will say that he has "character issues" and, later, will turn around and trade for Milton Bradley. LOL&#33;
    or bring back an aging vet like JoseConseco or Ricky Henderson&#33;&#33;