Thread: Oregon Rep. Admits to Inexcusable Behavior

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the Criminal Liberal Media put this on the nightly news??

A few years ago a Republican Senator from Oregon kissed a woman and was run out of office by Dan Blather and the rest of the criminal liberal media....

10/12/2004 10:09:19 EST
    Oregon Rep. Admits to Inexcusable Behavior

PORTLAND, Ore. - A Democratic congressman in a tight re-election race admitted Tuesday that while he was a college student 28 years ago, he was disciplined by school officials for "inexcusable behavior" toward an ex-girlfriend.

The admission by Rep. David Wu, D-Ore., came immediately after a report published in The Oregonian newspaper saying a former girlfriend from college once claimed Wu tried to force her into having sex. The lengthy report said the woman, whom the newspaper did not identify, declined to comment.

In his statement, Wu had a "two-year romantic relationship that ended with inexcusable behavior on my part."

"I take full responsibility for my actions and I am very sorry," Wu said in a statement. "I was disciplined by Stanford University for my behavior, and I worked with a counselor. This single event forever changed my life and the person I have become."

He didn't elaborate on what he had done.

Wu, 49, is facing a tough re-election challenge this year from Republican Goli Ameri. He is seeking his fourth term in Oregon's 1st Congressional District.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 12:03 PM
    [b] Will the Criminal Liberal Media put this on the nightly news??

A few years ago a Republican Senator from Oregon kissed a woman and was run out of office by Dan Blather and the rest of the criminal liberal media....

10/12/2004 10:09:19 EST
    Oregon Rep. Admits to Inexcusable Behavior

PORTLAND, Ore. - A Democratic congressman in a tight re-election race admitted Tuesday that while he was a college student 28 years ago, he was disciplined by school officials for "inexcusable behavior" toward an ex-girlfriend.

The admission by Rep. David Wu, D-Ore., came immediately after a report published in The Oregonian newspaper saying a former girlfriend from college once claimed Wu tried to force her into having sex. The lengthy report said the woman, whom the newspaper did not identify, declined to comment.

In his statement, Wu had a "two-year romantic relationship that ended with inexcusable behavior on my part."

"I take full responsibility for my actions and I am very sorry," Wu said in a statement. "I was disciplined by Stanford University for my behavior, and I worked with a counselor. This single event forever changed my life and the person I have become."

He didn't elaborate on what he had done.

Wu, 49, is facing a tough re-election challenge this year from Republican Goli Ameri. He is seeking his fourth term in Oregon's 1st Congressional District. [/b][/quote]
    He was in college. Come on now...he was not a member of Gov't when this happened. What is the big deal? That other guy was run out because he was already a member of govt when he committed that thing....

Rep. Lu is just having skeletons dug up...this one is outdated.

LL

Now if he had done this say 2-3 years before he became a rep or whilke he was ion office...well that would be a diff story the guy was a kid in college..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]........while he was a college student 28 years ago..........

............"I take full responsibility for my actions and I am very sorry," Wu said in a statement. "I was disciplined by Stanford University for my behavior, and I worked with a counselor. This single event forever changed my life and the person I have become."...............[/b][/quote]

So, should our President be held accountable for his actions then too? After all, he was a drunk and drug user back then.........and perhaps worse if rumour and heresay is to be believed.

If he did what I think they are implying (i.e. Hit a Women) then that is indeed "inexcusable" and he should have been disiplined (or arrested) as was appropriate for where he was at the time and the laws of that location.

Apparently he changed his life (maybe he found Christ just like GW did) and he apparently changed his life drasticly.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 12:14 PM
    [b]

So, should our President be held accountable for his actions then too? After all, he was a drunk and drug user back then.........and perhaps worse if rumour and heresay is to be believed.

[/b][/quote]
    He WAS held accountable by the liberal press....

As a matter of fact, they were all over a story about him being convicted of drunken driving in Maine back in 1976.....

It almost cost him the 2000 election......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]As a matter of fact, they were all over a story about him being convicted of drunken driving in Maine back in 1976.....

It almost cost him the 2000 election...... [/b][/quote]

Yeah, I remember the "liberal" media coverage. "George Bush drove drunk in 1976. Later we'll look on how this information came to light and whether or not Al Gore planted it. First however...Did Gore really invent the internet?"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush/Cheney have sooooooo manyyyyy skeletons in the closet that should keep them from stealing the election again...Unfortunately, conservatives tend be dumb and are swayed more by their hatred of "liberals' than by their belief in their candidates!

by the way, Liberal by definition means someone who thinks about subjects and makes informed opinions...so by definition those who hate libearls are people who can't think!