Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ALCS

Here it is folks, the first official GAME THREAD for the ALCS

YANKEES Vs RED SOX

ARMAGEDDON

Just a hunch, but I have a feeling the Yankees are gonna hit Schilling tonite

I don't think he's gonna get shelled, but I think the Yankees are gonna hit him harder than he's used to gettin hit ... harder than RSN expects ... hard enough to win ... and here's the kicker, I think the Yankees are gonna beat him with the HOMERUN BALL

Yep, I think a couple of Yankees are GOIN DEEP off Schilling tonite ... with men on base

I don't know who, but I think a couple of Yankees are GOIN YARD off Schilling

We shall see?

All Pro
    Sox wins 5-3 tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    GJ&H, Schill has been known to let a HR ball go early in a lot of his games and i would not be surprised to see that happen in the first couple of innings, but I think he will settle down after that. Sox have to hit Mussina and hit him hard. Getting a 4 run lead off him is needed as you won't get that off the yanks bully. Getting to Moose early is needed. get those yanks relievers out there early and often to wear them down.

I'm nervous as all hell today. Have that little butterfly feeling in my gut. I love it. BIG game tonight, another ALCS between the 2 clubs. I can't wait. There will be some awesome baseball tonight and I look to guys like Jeter and Damon to be that bit extra special.

Moose is toast.

Sox win a laugher 9-3.

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 12 2004, 04:05 PM
    GJ&H, Schill has been known to let a HR ball go early in a lot of his games and i would not be surprised to see that happen in the first couple of innings, but I think he will settle down after that. Sox have to hit Mussina and hit him hard. Getting a 4 run lead off him is needed as you won't get that off the yanks bully. Getting to Moose early is needed. get those yanks relievers out there early and often to wear them down.

I'm nervous as all hell today. Have that little butterfly feeling in my gut. I love it. BIG game tonight, another ALCS between the 2 clubs. I can't wait. There will be some awesome baseball tonight and I look to guys like Jeter and Damon to be that bit extra special.
    I agree with your take and believe the Yanks will try to do the same.

I expect them to drive the pitch count up on Schilling and Pedro in the first two ogames to get to the bullpen.

You cannot win a series in the first game, but a lot can be lost.

Originally posted by ScottishJet@Oct 12 2004, 11:05 AM

I'm with you a bit. I have a gut feeling that this is not like the last series opener, where Santana beat Moose 2-0. I think this one is more like a 7-5 game, where both starters are OK, but nothing special.

It's Timlin, Myers, and Mendoza vs. Quantrill, Sturtze and Gordon tonight. The better relief crew gets their teams closer in to save it.

All Pro
    Today is my 21st b-day... perfect day... heading out to a local establishment for the game, rooting on the Red Sox in my Mets hat B) I'm rooting for a very good game, and a Red Sox win... get it done!

Hall Of Fame
    Lets go Yankees!!!!!!!!&#3 3;! Dont believe the hype on the 2004 Red sox , Losers will read and judge everything! I hate how all met fans have jumped the bandwagon and are rooting for the red sox. Hellooo your met fans , your team has been elimanted since June focus on the offseason . Yanks win 6-1 in a laughter . Remeber we are the Yankees!

Originally posted by thechadzone10@Oct 12 2004, 03:12 PM
    Hellooo your met fans , your team has been elimanted since June focus on the offseason .
    Remeber July 4th weekend?

Your team got toasted by the already eliminated Mets.

There are 7 Teams that I wanted to Win the WS in varying order, one that I don't.

Go anyone ELSE!!!

DIE YANKEE SCUM!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Yea we got swept big deal what happend after that? Mets go under right away and the Yankees take off. If the Yankees werent in this , i wouldnt be rooting for a specific team. But like always they are and the Yankees are going to take it all! Dont believe the hype!

What happened the last 3 seasons?

Hall Of Fame
    Uh world series twice and playoffs... gee what happend to the mets the last 18 years?

But like always they are and the Yankees are going to take it all!
    Again what happened the last 3 years, if youe always take it all?

Hall Of Fame
    at least we make it , i say we always take it all because the majority of the time ... we do 96,98,99,00

Originally posted by ShadeTree#55+Oct 12 2004, 03:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShadeTree#55 @ Oct 12 2004, 03:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thechadzone10@Oct 12 2004, 03:12 PM
    Hellooo your met fans , your team has been elimanted since June focus on the offseason .
    Remeber July 4th weekend?

Your team got toasted by the already eliminated Mets.

There are 7 Teams that I wanted to Win the WS in varying order, one that I don&#39;t.

Go anyone ELSE&#33;&#33;&#33;

DIE YANKEE SCUM&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Yup and as soon as the Mets swept the Yanks they went in the tank and were never heard from again.

Seems like the same story every year.

1) Mets do well for a while
    2) Mets hit the skids
    3) Mets quit on the manager
    4) Players take no blame

METS: My Entire Team Sucks

All Pro
    METS =

My
    Entire
    Team
    Swept yours

:lol:

Originally posted by Jetsacuse@Oct 12 2004, 05:48 PM
    METS =

My
    Entire
    Team
    Swept yours

:lol:
    you forgot steps 2 through 5 though. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    HMmm lets see whos team is playing right now :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Let&#39;s all agree about this-we&#39;d rather have pointy sticks jabbed up our fingernails until they bled profusely than listen to Mccarver and what ever color hair he&#39;s sporting tonight and Joe"I got born on 3rd base and think I hit a triple"Buck. These guys SUCK. What point will Mccarver beat to death tonight. Heck, jerry remy and who ever it is that does Sawx agmes would be ALOT better.