Thread: 6th cop shot in Newark NJ since July

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A radio car is in the area of a housing complex, hears a burst of gunfire and heads toward the shooting.

They encounter a Jaguar letting shots go and pursue the vehicle. It subsequently bottoms out on a RR crossing and blows the oil pan, bringing the chase to an end. As the 4 guys bail from the disabled car both cops, a male and female team, exit their car.

More shots are fired, Officer Ed Patinho hits suspect in stomach, and is shot himself in the jaw, which shatters and knocks out just about every tooth in his mouth. His tongue is also ravaged.

A second auto pulls up on the scene and 2 of the suspects enter that car and it flees, the other 2 escape on foot. The second auto is found shortly after, empty. Both cars found to be stolen earlier from Woodbridge NJ hotel lot.

No suspects found, but a couple blocks away a taxi is found, its driver shot dead behind the wheel. It is believed the suspects fleeing on foot attempted to stop the taxi at gunpoint, and he refused. They fired into his car twice, one bullet hitting him in the heart.

Next day a lady calls from her home a few blocks from the scene and says she found a gun in her backyard. Police respond and find a Tec-9, still with rounds in it. It is a match for the weapon used against the cops and at the housing complex. It is not a match for the taxi.

Officer Patinho assures investigators he shot a suspect in the stomach, (via hand written notes), but nobody turns up at hospital..

Last night, a break in the case, a man from Newark has turned up in a hospital outside of NJ, he is suffering from a gunshot wound to the stomach. He is wearing clothes without a bullet hole in them, he claims to not know who or where or when he was shot. Arrests are coming soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus. I haven't seen something like that in recent memory. it's truly open season on you guys.

You guys should have AR-15s in every car.

watch your ass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 03:03 PM
    [b] Jesus. I haven't seen something like that in recent memory. it's truly open season on you guys.

You guys should have AR-15s in every car.

watch your ass. [/b][/quote]
    AR-15's? What we need is some carpet bombing..
    Gangs are off the hook in this city, only getting worse. Too many people bury their head in the sand about that issue, not concerned until it turns up in their town, or kid's high school.

Gangs need to be stopped, killed off.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry stew we can only carpet bomb places that we are trying to spread freedom

no one spreadin s**t in Newark.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta be Bush's fault since he lied about WMD's, right bman?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey let's be honest a good chunk of the money being spent by the Administration isn't being spent at home or things like municipal services.

notice how there are almost no republican voters in urban areas? people live in s**t among s**t and the result is the unfortunate incident described by stewdawg.

Is it Bush's fault? not directly but where does the buck stop?

who do you think is better funded Newark PD or Falujah PD?

asuusa when's the last time you've been to newark? trenton? AC? Camden? Bronx? any ghetto?

GOP voters don't ever go through or near the real actual ghettos if they don't have to... cities are hurting for funds and the President plays cowboy...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:18 AM
    [b]notice how there are almost no republican voters in urban areas? people live in s**t among s**t and the result is the unfortunate incident described by stewdawg.

[b]Yup, that's b/c most of those folks have bought the lie that the govt. should take care of them and the 'rats keep promising to do it, so they get more enslaved to the system.[/b]

Is it Bush's fault? not directly but where does the buck stop?

[b]with the 'rats[/b]

who do you think is better funded Newark PD or Falujah PD?
    [b] not even close--Newark[/b]

asuusa when's the last time you've been to newark? trenton? AC? Camden? Bronx? any ghetto?
    [b] a couple of days ago--in Memphis[/b]

GOP voters don't ever go through or near the real actual ghettos if they don't have to... cities are hurting for funds and the President plays cowboy...[b]and Kerry rides in his yacht or vacations at one of his mansions[/b][/b][/quote]
    I live in a town that's a lot like most ghettos--our WalMart is one of the three worst in the state--maybe 1 in 20 who apply for a job can pass the drug test and those who do often get fired within a month b/c they fail to show up when scheduled or get caught stealing. Our town was booming economically back in the 60's and early 70's, then the unions showed up and most folks enjoyed the strikes b/c that gave them more time off work. Now over half of those plants are closed and the remaining only employ about 1/2 of what they used to. Every business owner I've talked to says the same thing: "I can't get any good workers."

My computer guy is a black man (super-sharp guy who's worked for Bill Gates, IBM and the govt.) who grew up here and came back when he retired to "give back to his community." He would hire someone to work for him but would end up firing them b/c poor work ethic, dishonesty, or stealing from him. He finally gave it up, downsized and just works by himself now.

He'll tell you he got a much better education in his segregated school 50 years ago than the kids are getting now. If fact, he doesn't dare say so publically, but he's conservative and voting for Bush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 arrests made. One of the guys is a killer, murdered a pizza delivery man as a young teenager, already did 7 years in jail, and he's only 24!

Suspects are Bloods. One, when asked why they were shooting at housing complex in the first place simply said "It was Crip night". The housing complex is Crip spot and they were just out there doing some random shooting at some rivals...Isnt gang life the best??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 06:38 PM
    [b] sorry stew we can only carpet bomb places that we are trying to spread freedom

no one spreadin s**t in Newark. [/b][/quote]
    Weren't you whining about the 'brutal' NYPD during the RNC?

Something tells me no cop would ever get the benefit of the doubt with you...especially when you describe what Stewdog posted as "an unfortunate incident". I'm sure you're incinuating that those poor unfortunates who grew up in squalor had no choice but to strike out and shoot someone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by asuusa[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 10:50 PM
    [b] I live in a town that's a lot like most ghettos--our WalMart is one of the three worst in the state. [/b][/quote]
    Gosh if your WalMart is one of the three worst in the state it may be time to consider moving.

BTW...as Jeff Foxworthy might say if you judge your town by the quality of your local WalMart...[b]You might be a REDNECK!!![/b] :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Kerry: No Death Penalty For Cop-Killers, Kerry's flip-flop on capital punishment no benefit to police officers, says FOP[/b]

10/18/2004 12:10:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: State Desk

Contact: Tim Richardson of the Fraternal Order of Police, 202-547-8189

WASHINGTON, Oct. 18 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Chuck Canterbury, national president of the Fraternal Order of Police, lamented that none of presidential candidate John Kerry's well-documented flip-flops have improved his positions on issues important to rank-and-file law enforcement officers, citing the application of the death penalty for convicted cop-killers as a prime example.

"After deciding to run for President, John Kerry changed long- held positions on many, many issues," Canterbury said. "While he changes his positions on important issues more than law enforcement officers change shifts, and I am just sorry that his most recent flip-flop does not advance the cause of officer safety by imposing the death penalty on those that murder police officers."

Sen. Kerry is the first major presidential candidate in 15 years to oppose the death penalty. In 1988, Senator Kerry voted against the death penalty for cop-killers and also voted to kill an amendment that would have expanded the death penalty to include some criminals that murder innocent bystanders and police officers during drug-related transactions. At one of the debates during his reelection bid in 1996, Sen. Kerry was asked to explain his opposition to the death penalty to the surviving spouse of a law enforcement officer that was killed in the line of duty. His answer? "I don't like killing. I don't think a state honors life by turning around and sanctioning killing."

"A State honors life by meting out justice to those that violate its laws," said Canterbury. "There are few acts more heinous than murder, and the murder of police officer in particular should be punishable by death. Even Senator Kerry's liberal colleagues from California, Senators Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein, support capital punishment for convicted cop- killers."

Prior to running for President, Sen. Kerry even opposed the death penalty for terrorists. He voted against a bill that would have imposed the death penalty for the terrorist murder of United States nationals abroad in 1989. And, in 1996, he described the death penalty as a "terrorist protection policy." But now he claims to support the use of capital punishment against terrorists.

"I can't help but wonder," Canterbury said, "would a Kerry Administration require every death sentence to be subject to some sort of 'global test?'"

[url=http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=38330]http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=38330[/url]

[img]http://www.protestwarrior.com/nimages/signs/large/pw_sign_47.gif[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Oct 15 2004, 12:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Oct 15 2004, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 06:38 PM
    [b] sorry stew we can only carpet bomb places that we are trying to spread freedom

Weren&#39;t you whining about the &#39;brutal&#39; NYPD during the RNC?

Something tells me no cop would ever get the benefit of the doubt with you...especially when you describe what Stewdog posted as "an unfortunate incident". I&#39;m sure you&#39;re incinuating that those poor unfortunates who grew up in squalor had no choice but to strike out and shoot someone. [/b][/quote]
    um no that wasn&#39;t me. People who got wrapped up in the RNC more often than not got what they deserved...

as for people hey man when we spend BILLIONS building schools in Iraq that&#39;s less money that we are spending in the US - guns versus butter it&#39;s econ 101. You can&#39;t have it both ways.

Newark is a s--thole but i guaruntee you if the UNited States wanted to clean up newark as much as they wanted to clean up Faluja that s--t would be immaculate

Piper you can say all the "something tells me" you want but the reality is you don&#39;t know what i believe. You think you know but you don&#39;t - so get off my ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Oct 18 2004, 03:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti &#064; Oct 18 2004, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by Piper@Oct 15 2004, 12:23 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-bitonti[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 06:38 PM

Weren&#39;t you whining about the &#39;brutal&#39; NYPD during the RNC?

Something tells me no cop would ever get the benefit of the doubt with you...especially when you describe what Stewdog posted as "an unfortunate incident". I&#39;m sure you&#39;re incinuating that those poor unfortunates who grew up in squalor had no choice but to strike out and shoot someone. [/b][/quote]
    um no that wasn&#39;t me. People who got wrapped up in the RNC more often than not got what they deserved...

as for people hey man when we spend BILLIONS building schools in Iraq that&#39;s less money that we are spending in the US - guns versus butter it&#39;s econ 101. You can&#39;t have it both ways.

Newark is a s--thole but i guaruntee you if the UNited States wanted to clean up newark as much as they wanted to clean up Faluja that s--t would be immaculate

Piper you can say all the "something tells me" you want but the reality is you don&#39;t know what i believe. You think you know but you don&#39;t - so get off my ass. [/b][/quote]
    All I know is what you post...

But I do respect you for posting what you believe, rather than the Warfishes of the world who take positions in order to be intellectualy stimulating.