Thread: Edwards latest...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ...this should guarantee a buch of hugs for Kerry :rolleyes:

Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'...

wow! :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 03:18 PM
    [b] ...this should guarantee a buch of hugs for Kerry :rolleyes:

Edwards: 'When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'...

wow! :blink: [/b][/quote]
    C'mon, he didn't really say that, did he?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    yep...story is not up yet, on Drudge...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't you know, John Kerry is the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ! :blink:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone watch this boob on Meet the Press Sunday??

[quote][b]MR. RUSSERT: I think what confuses people, Senator, is that there seems to be a difference in rhetoric and emphasis. Back in October of 2002, you voted to authorize the country to go to war. In fact, you said this about Saddam: "I think Iraq is the most serious and imminent threat to our country." "The most serious and imminent threat to our country."

And you underscored it by saying this:

(Videotape, CNN "Late Edition," February 24, 2002):

SEN. EDWARDS: And I think Iraq and Saddam Hussein present the most serious and most imminent threat.

(End videotape)

MR. RUSSERT: "Most serious and imminent threat." Were you just dead wrong?

SEN. EDWARDS: No, I think Saddam Hussein was a very serious threat. I stand by that, and that's why we stand behind our vote on the resolution. But I don't know how many times I can say the same thing: We did not authorize this president to make the mess that he's made. That is the responsibility of the president of the United States. It is the president's responsibility to put the coalition together. It is the president's responsibility to make sure that, after our military does its job and our military has done everything they've been asked to do--it is the responsibility of the president to make sure we can be successful by having a plan in place and being--having an ability to implement that plan to win the peace. He did neither of those things, and those failures are catastrophic, catastrophic for America and catastrophic for what's happening in Iraq right now.

MR. RUSSERT: But you will acknowledge that Saddam was not "the most imminent threat to America" when you said that?

SEN. EDWARDS: You mean what we now know? We now know that he didn't have weapons of mass destruction. We didn't know that at the time. But we do now know that and that is a difference. There's no question about that.

MR. RUSSERT: I want to ask you to clear something else up. In--back in September, you were in the presidential debate; you were asked about voting money to support our troops, and this is what you had to say:

(Videotape, Democratic Presidential Primary Debate, September 25, 2003):

SEN. EDWARDS: We have young men and women in a shooting gallery over there right now. It would be enormously irresponsible for any of us not to do what's necessary to support them. I will vote for what's necessary to support the troops.

(End videotape)

MR. RUSSERT: About three weeks later, there was a chance to vote for $87 billion to support the troops and you voted no. Why the inconsistency?

SEN. EDWARDS: Well, the reason for the vote was it was clear at that point that what I just talked about was true, that the president had no plan, that our troops who were on the ground there needed somebody to stand up and say on their behalf that "You don't have a plan and we need a plan," both for our troops and for us to be successful there. The second reason is that the administration insisted that that vote include about $20 billion of money out of which came billions of dollars of no-bid contracts for Halliburton. We were not then and I am not now for no-bid contracts for Halliburton, the vice president's former company. I think that's wrong.

[/b][/quote]

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6200928/]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6200928/[/url]

(quick...check out the link now...if something is changed tailgator, er, valleyjet will say I made it up!!!) :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Drudge Report, gotta love it...Fair and Balanced...Is Matt Drudge a reporter?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever+Oct 12 2004, 03:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jets5ever @ Oct 12 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 03:18 PM

Edwards: &#39;When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again&#39;...

wow&#33; :blink: [/b][/quote]
    C&#39;mon, he didn&#39;t really say that, did he? [/b][/quote]
    yeah, he did.

I heard the sound bite on the radio...the above post is paraphrasing, but not by much

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 04:06 PM
    [b] The Drudge Report, gotta love it...Fair and Balanced...Is Matt Drudge a reporter? [/b][/quote]
    It was an audio clip.

Are you suggesting that Drudge is impersonating Edwards&#39; voice to create bogus sound bites?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Oct 12 2004, 04:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Oct 12 2004, 04:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th&Long[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 04:06 PM
    [b] The Drudge Report, gotta love it...Fair and Balanced...Is Matt Drudge a reporter? [/b][/quote]
    It was an audio clip.

Are you suggesting that Drudge is impersonating Edwards&#39; voice to create bogus sound bites? [/b][/quote]
    Whats the link?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    was there a [b][SIZE=3]HALLELUJAH[/SIZE][/b] at the end of Edwards statement??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long+Oct 12 2004, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (4th&Long @ Oct 12 2004, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by shakin318@Oct 12 2004, 04:10 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-4th&Long[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 04:06 PM
    It was an audio clip.

Are you suggesting that Drudge is impersonating Edwards&#39; voice to create bogus sound bites? [/b][/quote]
    Whats the link? [/b][/quote]
    I heard it on the radio -- Edwards himself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok even if true what does it prove

that candidates make promises they can&#39;t keep?

like "we won&#39;t nation-build" from Dubya in 2000

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by shakin318+Oct 12 2004, 04:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (shakin318 @ Oct 12 2004, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by jets5ever@Oct 12 2004, 03:28 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin-jetswin[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 03:18 PM

Edwards: &#39;When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again&#39;...

wow&#33; :blink: [/b][/quote]
    C&#39;mon, he didn&#39;t really say that, did he? [/b][/quote]
    yeah, he did.

I heard the sound bite on the radio...the above post is paraphrasing, but not by much [/b][/quote]
    What a joke. Way to give false hope Johnny....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    false hope... like "mission accomplished"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 05:43 PM
    [b] false hope... like "mission accomplished" [/b][/quote]
    Not bad, Bit, not bad....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/12/edwards.stem.cell/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/12/...cell/index.html[/url]

[quote][b]"If we do the work that we can do in this country, the work that we will do when John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve will get up out of that wheelchair and walk again," Edwards said.[/b][/quote]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m holding out for free 0 cal beer, the lame to walk, the blind to see and the dead to arise. Heck, that stuff&#39;s as improbable as this. Why should Kedwards not promise it all?