Thread: "My Main Man"

All League
    The main man line is a nod to Ali G.

General Brent Scowcroft, Bush 41 National Security Advisor and Bush 43 appointee to the Forum for International Security--

Can we win the war on terrorism? Yes, I think we can, in the sense that we can win the war on organized crime. There is going to be no peace treaty on the battleship Missouri in the war on terrorism, but we can break its back so that it is only a horrible [b]nuisance[/b] and not a paralyzing influence on our societies.
    --"9/11 a Year On" conference, Sept. 2002

chirp.....chirp......chirp.......

Seems some folks have no answer to this, eh? Waging Political War based on the individual words used, and not their speakers intent or meaning, often leads to these kinds of absolutely worthless partisan squabbles and "counter quotes".

Sadly, politicians never seem to learn........

Most of us know exactly what both men intended with these statements. It is only our political partisanship that leads us to try and twist the words to mean something else.

All League
    Sure its a partisan squabble. You can find a quote to contradict almost anything anyone says if twisted enough. Bush has hundreds so does Kerry, so what? Just having a little fun. I dont expect Kerry to say tomorrow night, well "General Scowcroft said this, nah, nah".

My biggest problem is with all the right wing crusaders on here posting illegitimate stories as news from marginalized right wing websites. We have long threads on posts from Newsmax, Free Republic links and no one questions the source. Yet, every time someone posts something from The Times or The Post or the friggin Akron Beacon Journal or whatever, Its liberal media, liberal media. Its been drummed into their head like a war cry. Most of the threads started from ultra conservatives seem like acts of desperation at this point.

To me, talking politics on this board is fun I know the reaction I am going to get from this post. I know I am not going to change anyone's mind on here.

Hall Of Fame
    4th, you make a lot of sense. But the NY Times IS liberal. Don't deny that, boss.

[quote][i]Originally posted by 4th&Long[/i]@Oct 12 2004, 03:33 PM
    [b] Can we win the war on terrorism? Yes, I think we can, in the sense that we can win the war on organized crime. [/b][/quote]
    this is the dumbest statement i've read in a long time, (and i've read all of CBTNY's stuff ;) )

if the US fights the war on terror the same way it fights Organized crime then we are SCREWED terror-wise

war on terrorism
    war on drugs
    war on poverty

war on CONCEPTS ARE BOUND TO FAIL