Thread: Is anyone else tired of the NY Yankees?

Year after year in October we have to sit through Yankee hype and playoffs, and as a Mets fan, I am so tired of it, in a jealous way. I wish the Yankees would lose already so we can talk some football on NY airwaves.

Today WFAN even had the balls to put Suzyn Waldman on DURING MY LUNCH HOUR! Yeah, I could keep my lunch down while listening to that heffer. I had to go over to the 1050 sleepfest during 1-3pm and endure Dan Patrick which is the absolute cure for insomnia....

Sorry, I'm a Yankee fan :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by ASH_1962@Oct 12 2004, 04:07 PM
    Year after year in October we have to sit through Yankee hype and playoffs, and as a Mets fan, I am so tired of it, in a jealous way. I wish the Yankees would lose already so we can talk some football on NY airwaves.

Today WFAN even had the balls to put Suzyn Waldman on DURING MY LUNCH HOUR! Yeah, I could keep my lunch down while listening to that heffer. I had to go over to the 1050 sleepfest during 1-3pm and endure Dan Patrick which is the absolute cure for insomnia....
    I'm one of thebiggest Yankee haters of them all, but this has to go to the MLB forum.

Given tonight's game, anything series related topic on this forum will take the place over.

Hall Of Fame
    I've only been a baseball fan for just over 7 years and I'm exhausted by them!

Practice Squad
    Agreed. As a Mets fan, I'm tired of the Yankees pervasive sense of "entitlement". They are the most storied franchise in team sports history and although they keep winning. There recent history has been less than stellar in postseason. They haven't won the Big one since last millennium when they beat my Mets in 2k. The last three years they've lost the Word Series twice and got knocked around by the Angels in between. Even if they make it this year. I'll root for the national league as always.

Veteran
    Originally posted by ASH_1962@Oct 12 2004, 04:07 PM

i cant stand the spankees.

i hope the sox kick the sh*t out of them tonight, honestly.

i'm a phillies fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Hehe i love to hear you guys B*tch , its music to the chadzones ears

Veteran
    Do the Mets still play baseball ?

Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB@Oct 12 2004, 04:03 PM
    Do the Mets still play baseball ?
    yeah, i think they've switched over to the abridged version of the game though. btw, i'm a mets fan. i hate the yankees. and it will be my second favorite baseball postseason if the bosox knock the 200 million dollar team out of the play-offs.