Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Sox already facing a MUST WIN GAME

If they lose with Pedro in Game 2 ... verses Jon Lieber ... stick a fork in the Bosox

IMO this team is already facing a MUST WIN ... all of the pressure shifts to the Red Sox in GAME 2 ... immense pressure

They already lost with their ace, now here comes their 1A

If they lose with 1 & 1A ... turn out the lights in Boston

Agreed;

that's why this article makes sense. This is the year for the Bosox. If they don't do it now, well.............

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3296418/

While it is a bit clichey to say that, it is probably true.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 13 2004, 05:40 AM
    I disagree

1 and 1A will be back in games 5-6

Even if the Sawx lose tonite...they just need a game from either Arroyo or Wake/Lowe to make it another 7 game series!!

Once again i felt yesterday was the most important game. The aura that once was that surrounded Schilling is no more!!

We own Schelling too!!

Originally posted by JonEJet+Oct 13 2004, 05:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JonEJet @ Oct 13 2004, 05:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PFSIKH@Oct 13 2004, 05:40 AM
    I disagree

1 and 1A will be back in games 5-6

Even if the Sawx lose tonite...they just need a game from either Arroyo or Wake/Lowe to make it another 7 game series&#33;&#33;

Once again i felt yesterday was the most important game. The aura that once was that surrounded Schilling is no more&#33;&#33;

We own Schelling too&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I disagree with you on this. If the Bosox lose behind ace #2 tonight, this series will be considered over. If the Yanks hand an "L" to the 2 big guns of the Bosox, this series may not come back to NY for a game 6.

But, I still expect this to be a 6 or 7 game series. Tonight should be a close, well pitched game.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 13 2004, 06:30 AM
    We own Schelling too&#33;&#33;
    If Schilling was throwing healthy lastnight then I&#39;d agree with you. You got to Schill no way near his best so you don&#39;t &#39;own&#39; him.

Everygame is a must win but tonight is a little special. If the Sox lose I don&#39;t see the series as over, but damn near impossible to win

Originally posted by ScottishJet+Oct 13 2004, 06:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScottishJet @ Oct 13 2004, 06:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonEJet@Oct 13 2004, 06:30 AM
    We own Schelling too&#33;&#33;
    If Schilling was throwing healthy lastnight then I&#39;d agree with you. You got to Schill no way near his best so you don&#39;t &#39;own&#39; him.

Everygame is a must win but tonight is a little special. If the Sox lose I don&#39;t see the series as over, but damn near impossible to win [/b][/quote]
    True enough. Schilling was not at his healthy best last night. But these types of things have been happening to the Bosox for a long time, so who knows?

BTW - you do have to admire that kid who had the Curt Shelling sign up there last night. He brought that in. It was not prepared on the spot.

Originally posted by mbn007@Oct 13 2004, 11:23 AM
    I disagree with you on this. If the Bosox lose behind ace #2 tonight, this series will be considered over. If the Yanks hand an "L" to the 2 big guns of the Bosox, this series may not come back to NY for a game 6.

But, I still expect this to be a 6 or 7 game series. Tonight should be a close, well pitched game.
    Agreed. The Sox would need to sweep Fenway in order to have ashot.

Possible? Yes, but it leaves no room for error.

anyone who has ever pitched any kind of game in his life knows schilling was f*cked up from the ankle last night.....

i would suspect yankee fans would want to play the sox at their best, which was clearly not the case last night

i wouldnt have wanted to play the yanks without mo last night, even though he could have been the reason we lost

Last nights game falls on the bosox manager and coaching staff...if they can&#39;t look at the guy during his warm ups and see that something isn&#39;t right, then they deserve to lose. It&#39;s the friggin ALCS, give yourself the best chance to win. Sit Schilling and his 88 MPH fastball and tell Pedro to get ready to go. The guy was hurt, not himself, and got rocked. I swear the Sox go out of their way to hire inept managers.

Originally posted by nomarypedro@Oct 13 2004, 10:50 AM
    anyone who has ever pitched any kind of game in his life knows schilling was f*cked up from the ankle last night.....

i would suspect yankee fans would want to play the sox at their best, which was clearly not the case last night

i wouldnt have wanted to play the yanks without mo last night, even though he could have been the reason we lost
    That would make sense if we didn&#39;t lose Jason Giambi for the season ... a former MVP who wacked 2 HR&#39;s off Pedro in last years epic Game 7

Or if we had a healthy Kevin Brown who&#39;s back wasn&#39;t being held together with paper-clips

Or if we didn&#39;t lose our best SP {BY FAR&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;} since the All Star break ... perennial October Warrior, EL Duque ... who&#39;s status is still up in the air but will not even be near 100% in the event that he does get the nod for Game 4 .... but a man who would have had TWO STARTS in this series had he not come down with shoulder woes

So yes, your post would be fair if none of these things had happened to the Yankees .... if the Yankees were "AT THEIR BEST" ... but I don&#39;t hear anyone from RSN shedding a tear for the Yankees

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 13 2004, 09:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 13 2004, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nomarypedro@Oct 13 2004, 10:50 AM

That would make sense if we didn&#39;t lose Jason Giambi for the season ... a former MVP who wacked 2 HR&#39;s off Pedro in last years epic Game 7

Or if we had a healthy Kevin Brown who&#39;s back wasn&#39;t being held together with paper-clips

Or if we didn&#39;t lose our best SP {BY FAR&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;} since the All Star break ... perennial October Warrior, EL Duque ... who&#39;s status is still up in the air but will not even be near 100% in the event that he does get the nod for Game 4 .... but a man who would have had TWO STARTS in this series had he not come down with shoulder woes

So yes, your post would be fair if none of these things had happened to the Yankees .... if the Yankees were "AT THEIR BEST" ... but I don&#39;t hear anyone from RSN shedding a tear for the Yankees [/b][/quote]
    GJ&H beat me to it&#33; RSN is pathetic trying to make excuses already... Take your A&#036;&#036; whooping like a man&#33; Respect your DADDY&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 13 2004, 10:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 13 2004, 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nomarypedro@Oct 13 2004, 10:50 AM

So yes, your post would be fair if none of these things had happened to the Yankees .... if the Yankees were "AT THEIR BEST" ... but I don&#39;t hear anyone from RSN shedding a tear for the Yankees [/b][/quote]
    first of all, giambi has sucked for 2 years now, and you got production from clark and olerud, and infinately better defensively...

don&#39;t talk to me about 50-yr old el duque, he did that sh*t against worthless opposition

and brown, HE ALWAYS IS HURT-you know that&#39;s gonna happen when you sign him&#33;

Schilling&#39;s ankle was FINE ALL YEAR - this is a FREAK THING (like rivera), that&#39;s why i was comparing the 2

so what now?

Maxman
    Originally posted by nomarypedro+Oct 13 2004, 11:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nomarypedro @ Oct 13 2004, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 13 2004, 10:22 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-nomarypedro
    @Oct 13 2004, 10:50 AM

So yes, your post would be fair if none of these things had happened to the Yankees .... if the Yankees were "AT THEIR BEST" ... but I don&#39;t hear anyone from RSN shedding a tear for the Yankees
    first of all, giambi has sucked for 2 years now, and you got production from clark and olerud, and infinately better defensively...

don&#39;t talk to me about 50-yr old el duque, he did that sh*t against worthless opposition

and brown, HE ALWAYS IS HURT-you know that&#39;s gonna happen when you sign him&#33;

Schilling&#39;s ankle was FINE ALL YEAR - this is a FREAK THING (like rivera), that&#39;s why i was comparing the 2

so what now? [/b][/quote]
    Schilling&#39;s ankle was not fine all year. This was not a new injury. He re-injured it in the game against the Angels. He has played with this for awhile though.

Guys the series isn&#39;t over. Save the excuses for the offseason.

i&#39;m not makin exuses, i was just askin if you would want to beat schilling at full steam, that&#39;s all.

and no, the ankle has not been a problem all year, this is the first time it&#39;s affected his performance

i think it&#39;s the yanks in 5

Originally posted by nomarypedro+Oct 13 2004, 09:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nomarypedro @ Oct 13 2004, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Oct 13 2004, 10:22 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-nomarypedro
    @Oct 13 2004, 10:50 AM

so what now? [/b][/quote]
    So what now?

Let&#39;s see... you lose game 2, get swept at home (how embarrassing), and then you cry home for another year... yeah that&#39;s about it... :lol:

Maxman
    Originally posted by nomarypedro@Oct 13 2004, 11:56 AM
    i&#39;m not makin exuses, i was just askin if you would want to beat schilling at full steam, that&#39;s all.

and no, the ankle has not been a problem all year, this is the first time it&#39;s affected his performance

Bro you said his ankle was fine all year. It wasn&#39;t. Granted he pitched through it and maybe it is worse now. But injuries are part of the game.

You say Giambi is nothing. He is still a 35 - 40 hr threat. That is missing as the DH from the Yankees lineup. Brown can&#39;t walk his back is so bad. Lieber&#39;s back flared up last start. El Duque has a dead arm. Most of these guys are Schilling&#39;s age. That is what you get with a 38 year old starter.

It is a part of the game.

Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 13 2004, 10:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 13 2004, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nomarypedro@Oct 13 2004, 11:56 AM

Bro you said his ankle was fine all year. It wasn&#39;t. Granted he pitched through it and maybe it is worse now. But injuries are part of the game.

You say Giambi is nothing. He is still a 35 - 40 hr threat. That is missing as the DH from the Yankees lineup. Brown can&#39;t walk his back is so bad. Lieber&#39;s back flared up last start. El Duque has a dead arm. Most of these guys are Schilling&#39;s age. That is what you get with a 38 year old starter.

It is a part of the game. [/b][/quote]
    You beat me to it Max.

To say Giambi is nothing for the past 2 years is plain silly. 40+ HR&#39;s and 100+RBI&#39;s last year is not exactly chopped liver. And, that was with eye troubles, and a bad back and knees.

hey i&#39;m not makin excuses, even with schilling i picked the yanks in 7, i just think it&#39;s going to be a very short series now

i&#39;m just surprised you wouldn&#39;t want to face the pre 10/12 curt, that&#39;s all

Maxman
    Originally posted by nomarypedro@Oct 13 2004, 01:20 PM
    hey i&#39;m not makin excuses, even with schilling i picked the yanks in 7, i just think it&#39;s going to be a very short series now

i&#39;m just surprised you wouldn&#39;t want to face the pre 10/12 curt, that&#39;s all
    Pre 10/12 Curt. I love it. But no, you are not making excuses. Gotcha. (Insert little winkey smiley face here).