Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALCS

Hall Of Fame
    Pedro will take the mound tonight to a crescendo of daddy calls. Will he succomb to the ghosts of the bronx, or will he vanquish his demons?

I'll be honest. I had a terrible feeling in my gut yesterday about Schilling and his ankle. Today I feel much better. To see the Sox break the perfect game and come so close to snatching a win lastnight was heartening.

Tonight the Sox have to keep those bats swinging and get leiber out the game and once again get into the yankee bully to wear it down. I saw the Sox chase so many pitches lastnight when they usually get the pitcher into long counts. Damon showed little patience. That has to change, he is key.

Those chants were fairly amusing last night.

Props for the Yank fans for getting such good unison going.

Maxman
    Quick somebody start the offical Game 3, 4 and 5 Threads. LOL.

Pedro and the rest of the Sox can talk smack all the want. The Yankees never do it. Why? You will see the answer tonight...Pedro made what would have been a hostile crowd even crazier. And that puts his team in a bad spot.

Pedro is such a stand up guy. I love the way he blew off the mandatory interview yesterday. Class act all the way. I hope to see him walking off the mound in the middle of an inning tonight with his crybaby head down again.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 13 2004, 09:58 AM

Pedro and the rest of the Sox can talk smack all the want. The Yankees never do it. Why? You will see the answer tonight...Pedro made what would have been a hostile crowd even crazier. And that puts his team in a bad spot.

Pedro is such a stand up guy. I love the way he blew off the mandatory interview yesterday. Class act all the way. I hope to see him walking off the mound in the middle of an inning tonight with his crybaby head down again.
    I agree 100% about the players opening up their yap. That's why I don't like Millar.

Upcoming ALCS game thread starting rotation:

Game 1: GJ&H
    Game 2: ScottishJet
    Game 3: Maxman
    Game 4: PFISKH
    Game 5: mbn007
    Game 6: RichardSeymour
    Game 7: blackout806

:lol:

Hall Of Fame
    The line is out:

Pedro -155
    Lieber +140

I hate being the road favourite.

Hall Of Fame
    Nevermind Pedro's yap - I'm still looking for a logical explanation regarding his lucky midget man. Am I the only one that finds this disturbing????

Maxman
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 11:44 AM
    Nevermind Pedro's yap - I'm still looking for a logical explanation regarding his lucky midget man. Am I the only one that finds this disturbing????
    Lucky midget man? TomShane is what he goes by in these parts.

Maxman
    Originally posted by ScottishJet+Oct 13 2004, 11:28 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScottishJet @ Oct 13 2004, 11:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maxman@Oct 13 2004, 09:58 AM

I agree 100% about the players opening up their yap. That&#39;s why I don&#39;t like Millar.

Upcoming ALCS game thread starting rotation:

Game 1: GJ&H
    Game 2: ScottishJet
    Game 3: Maxman
    Game 4: PFISKH
    Game 5: mbn007
    Game 6: RichardSeymour
    Game 7: blackout806

:lol: [/b][/quote]
    I think someone should start an UNOFFICIAL GAME THREAD. Now that would be wild. Like the time you did that thing, with the cow.

Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 13 2004, 10:58 AM
    Pedro and the rest of the Sox can talk smack all the want. The Yankees never do it. Why? You will see the answer tonight
    I don&#39;t think RSN knows how much all that trash-talk fires up the Yankees ... RSN eats it up, but they never stop to think just how much it fires up the Yankees

And yes, IT ABSOLUTELY has this team fired up

One can easily say, and I can hear it now ... "If you need trash-talk to fire you up in the ALCS, blah blah blah"

NONSENSE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I once heard Thurman Munson talk about this following the World Series in 78

The Dodgers won Games 1 & 2 ... between the off day they started talkin a world of trash ... almost Red Sox&#39;esque {but no-one can reach their level of trash talk} ... mild trash-talk compared to the Red Sox, but trash-talk none-the-less ... even uttering the word "sweep"

Anyway, the Yankees proceeded to win 4 STRAIGHT to win the WS in 6

Afterwards Thurman Munson said the following .....

"After Game 2 those guys had alot to say, so I called a team meeting and I told the team .... Ya know, I could almost live with losing to another team if it came to that, but I don&#39;t wanna lose to THOSE GUYS&#33;&#33; ... those guys have way too much to say, and now we have to shut them up"

Munson said that TO A MAN the team stood up and echoed his sentiments ... THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN LOSE TO THAT TEAM WITH ALL THEY HAVE TO SAY&#33;&#33; ... then the Yankees went out and won 4 STRAIGHT

And that&#39;s the point ... trash-talk doesn&#39;t make you more determined to WIN the ALCS ... but it makes you more determined NOT TO LOSE to those who are talkin smack

BTW, that&#39;s why I predicted the Yankees were gonna smack Schilling around last nite ... another guy who can&#39;t keep his big yap shut ... started to believe his own press clippings ... started to believe the 2001 WS makes him a Yankee killer, but this Yankee lineup is 1000 TIMES more explosive than the one he faced in 2001 ... this Yankee lineup in a modern day murderers row ... that 2001 lineup was A JOKE compared to this one ... but I suspect Curt Schilling knows that now

Anyway, I think the Yankees have already expressed the same sentiments expressed by Munson and his teammates in 78 amonsgt themselves ... I can read it in their subtle remarks ... like Mussina reminding folks that the Yankees won 101 Games and, ackowleding {with a scowl} how folks are viewing the Yankees as underdogs in this series {then adding, SO BE IT} ... it&#39;s sutble but you have to read between the lines, you have to look at his face as he makes these remarks, but you can see that it clearly has these team fired up to SHUT SOME MOUTHS

PS. The reason it&#39;s subtle is cause the Yankees don&#39;t talk trash ... Torre wouldn&#39;t have it ... this team is a reflextion of their manager ... so they eat all this dirt in public, but don&#39;t you FOR ONE SECOND believe they are eating this dirt in private, amongst themsleves ... I think they wanna bludgeon this Red Sox team

Hall Of Fame
    I cant wait to rock daddys boy on the mound tonight . Dont you guys know we own your little superstar Pedro? Hes ours and next year he will leave that scum bag city.

GJ&H;

Excellent analysis regarding the trash talk. I am convinced that Jeter made the rounds of the clubhouse last night before gametime and let several key players know his feelings about this trash-talk, and got them riled up.

Maybe that&#39;s why Pedro blew off the media sessions yesterday. He was afraid to say anything the Yankees would use to get even more "up" for him.

I knew he was pretty smart.

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 09:44 AM
    Nevermind Pedro&#39;s yap - I&#39;m still looking for a logical explanation regarding his lucky midget man. Am I the only one that finds this disturbing????
    I&#39;m trying to understand the whole situation. I find it disturbing as well. When I saw the pic of him holding that guy up I was like WTF&#33;?&#33; I know he&#39;s his "lucky charm" but can anyone explain where this dude came from and why?

Pedro is such a sleez... <_<

Hall Of Fame
    I disagree. I don&#39;t think Pedro os a sleez. I think he&#39;s a wierd and I think he&#39;s a bit of a primadonna.

From what I understand, this migdet man sufferes from some rare form of dwarfism....anyway, Pedro befriended this dude in his hometown in the Domican Republic. They hit it off. Became fast freinds and the rest is well....disturbing, really. The where, when and why remains a mystery to me.

Anyone have the history on this bizzarre union????

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 10:55 AM
    I disagree. I don&#39;t think Pedro os a sleez. I think he&#39;s a wierd and I think he&#39;s a bit of a primadonna.

From what I understand, this migdet man sufferes from some rare form of dwarfism....anyway, Pedro befriended this dude in his hometown in the Domican Republic. They hit it off. Became fast freinds and the rest is well....disturbing, really. The where, when and why remains a mystery to me.

Anyone have the history on this bizzarre union????
    With Pedro, bizzarre is the correct word.

Hall Of Fame
    You want to know who is a real a@@? Sheffield. Yup, he&#39;s a great player - but why the Angry posturing? I mean, really? What crawled up his a@@ and died? The man is itching for a fight, you can tell. Too much steriod cream, perhaps?

Maxman
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 01:18 PM
    You want to know who is a real a@@? Sheffield. Yup, he&#39;s a great player - but why the Angry posturing? I mean, really? What crawled up his a@@ and died? The man is itching for a fight, you can tell. Too much steriod cream, perhaps?
    Yeah the whole being a team player, playing with pain, good citizen act is really getting old.

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 11:18 AM
    You can tell??? WTF? Heaven forbid an athlete gets pumped up before/during a game&#33; All those football players are such A--holes, huh? C&#39;mon Garb...

Hall Of Fame
    Well then, who are YOU to judge what sort of "pumped up before, during and after a game" behavior constitutes an a@@hole or a sleeze?

We should have stopped at Pedro is a weirdo. On that we can agree. Let&#39;s be freinds, maybe we can get Orlando Cabrera to come up with some secrete handshake just for us.... :lol:

What is the over under on the decible level of the "Who&#39;s your Daddy" chant tonight?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Maxman+Oct 13 2004, 11:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maxman @ Oct 13 2004, 11:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 01:18 PM
    Yeah the whole being a team player, playing with pain, good citizen act is really getting old. [/b][/quote]
    Good citizen? Maybe so far this year. No offense, but why is it that Yankees players just HAVE to be what is good in the world and Sox players just HAVE to be Gosh awful humans? Do I detect that high and mighty, I know everything, bully attitude that many NY&#39;ers feel they are entitled to? :lol: :lol: - that was a semi-joke, Maxi - yup, semi.....

Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 11:46 AM
    Well then, who are YOU to judge what sort of "pumped up before, during and after a game" behavior constitutes an a@@hole or a sleeze?

We should have stopped at Pedro is a weirdo. On that we can agree. Let&#39;s be freinds, maybe we can get Orlando Cabrera to come up with some secrete handshake just for us.... :lol:

What is the over under on the decible level of the "Who&#39;s your Daddy" chant tonight?
    Two things that come to mind when I think of the sleez that Pedro is...

1) How he was cowardly pointing to the his head to the Yankee dugout, how he was going to hit them in the head with his pitches. One thing is using intimidation and brushing people off the plate, another is intentionally trying to injure someone.

2) Don Zimmer... &#39;nuff said