• John Kerry

23 58.97%
  • George Bush

16 41.03%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry or Bush

John Kerry~!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Debates or a waste of time...just a bunch of hot air.

Just keep Bush in office!

Nuff Said

All Pro
    put this in the political forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

I agree Marvik

All Pro
    I don't know if anyone in NY is gonna be watching the debate....Hell, I didn't even know it was tonight until I saw this thread! :lol:

Democrats will say Kerry won, Republicans will say Bush won and nothing will be resolved....thats what election day is for

Should have given us a "draw" option.

Bush is not a good public speaker. Kerry will win again. Bush is just not comfortable up there unless he is not questioned. Giving a speech, he is fine, putting thoughts together on the run....no good.

He must have used wrong war wrong place wrong time like 50 times. People were lulled to sleep by that. Give us some info not the same tired lines.

LL

Still undecided but because of the debates leaning Kerry

Bush is brain dead :wacko:

Yeah its not even fair, Bush says the same four points over and over again. With all the assaults on Kerry’s senate record, I for the life of me cant figure out why Kerry doesn’t put Bush on the spot for HIS record of the last four years?

Kerry win win. He is clearly a better debater than GW, in every way.

Of course, even if Kerry wins the third debate (after winning the first two) it does NOT mean he will win the election. The vast majority of voters have already decided who they are voting for, and these debates will change very few minds.

All League
    No one can question I do not think kerry is the more accomplished speaker- so he has the advantage in any formal debate setting. Unless there is a major goof by either not much opinion will be swayed by the debate.
    Decide on the issues and quality of the candidates not on the fluff and spinmeisters that will follow the debate.

[quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 09:50 AM
    [b] Bush is not a good public speaker. Kerry will win again. Bush is just not comfortable up there unless he is not questioned. Giving a speech, he is fine, putting thoughts together on the run....no good.

He must have used wrong war wrong place wrong time like 50 times. People were lulled to sleep by that. Give us some info not the same tired lines.

LL

Still undecided but because of the debates leaning Kerry [/b][/quote]
    You are not "leaning Kerry". You are already pro-Kerry. Lawyers don't wait til the last minute to know who they're going to vote for - and if you're educated, you don't need a debate to know how these fellas stand.

Here's the real DEBATE PREVIEW:

The first debate: Kerry won. Bush political futures (see wsex.com and tradesports.com) soon plummeted. As Bush went from a commanding lead to a moderate lead his decline stopped after the VP debate. And the second Prez. debate? Bush win. Argue the finer points forever, but his futures were buoyed, his slight lead grew. This rise was strangely contradicted by flash polls that indicated a Kerry smackdown in the second debate. Not suprisingly, that 65% to 30% Kerry win (5% undec.) in the second debate coincided with a mass emailing to Democratic e-activists with websites to vote on. The flash polls after Kerry's first win did not have those kind of numbers.

Anyway, in a time where who's polling whom may be more relevant than then the actual results collected, looking to where people put up or shut up may be the best test as to where sentiments lie. I strongly urge not to participate in these websites. You'll win here or there, but in the end - you lose. That's for certain. You're better off smoking crack recreationally than making gambling a habit.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 09:44 AM
    [b] Kerry win win. He is clearly a better debater than GW, in every way.

Of course, even if Kerry wins the third debate (after winning the first two) it does NOT mean he will win the election. The vast majority of voters have already decided who they are voting for, and these debates will change very few minds. [/b][/quote]
    I disagree. Even though most of the people who post in the politcal forum have their minds decided, there are a good amount of people out there who dont really follow politics and seriously dont have a clue who theyre voting for. So the man who appears to get the best of the other candidate will gain all those undecided votes.

We generally dont see those people in the forum, but personally, I know a lot out there who will probably go Kerry cause of the debates, and wouldve gone Bush if he had had a nice performance.

I hope to God no one bases their election choice on a debate. It only tells us who's a better public speaker / salesperson. The same way that no one should base their election choice on watching Farenheit 911 or this new "documentary" that Sinclair plans on broadcasting.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:19 PM
    [b] I hope to God no one bases their election choice on a debate. It only tells us who's a better public speaker / salesperson. The same way that no one should base their election choice on watching Farenheit 911 or this new "documentary" that Sinclair plans on broadcasting. [/b][/quote]
    I tend to think that debates do matter. If someone is a good debater they have the ability to communicate with other people. They have a much better chance of explaining things to the American people and the rest of the world. An inarticulate cowboy does not go over well with a lot of people. Especially foreign diplomats.

Kerry won the first debate. Bush won the second debate. Who knows about this one. I can tell you that Kerry will make promises to spend your hard earned money on more wastefull govt. programs.

Hall Of Fame
    Good point, Section. I am going to wait and see the poll results of foreign diplomats' reactions to this debate and then base my vote on who they prefer. They have our interests at heart.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15+Oct 13 2004, 10:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Section109Row15 &#064; Oct 13 2004, 10:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Enrique Pallazzo[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:19 PM
    [b] I hope to God no one bases their election choice on a debate. It only tells us who&#39;s a better public speaker / salesperson. The same way that no one should base their election choice on watching Farenheit 911 or this new "documentary" that Sinclair plans on broadcasting. [/b][/quote]
    I tend to think that debates do matter. If someone is a good debater they have the ability to communicate with other people. They have a much better chance of explaining things to the American people and the rest of the world. An inarticulate cowboy does not go over well with a lot of people. Especially foreign diplomats. [/b][/quote]
    Oh yea, Kerry is doing a good job keeping one of our most loyal allies, Australia, right? :rolleyes:

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 12:25 PM
    [b] [/QUOTE]
    I tend to think that debates do matter. If someone is a good debater they have the ability to communicate with other people. They have a much better chance of explaining things to the American people and the rest of the world. An inarticulate cowboy does not go over well with a lot of people. Especially foreign diplomats. [/b][/quote]
    but the inarticulate cowboy will do better than someone who outright unsults foreign diplomats.
    Unfortunately, the debates probably DO make a difference, but I also like to think that Americans can see through the sleeze that tends to come out during an election year. Of course I&#39;m living in Utopia.