23 58.97%
  • George Bush

16 41.03%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerry or Bush

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 12:26 PM
    [b] Kerry won the first debate. Bush won the second debate. Who knows about this one. I can tell you that Kerry will make promises to spend your hard earned money on more wastefull govt. programs. [/b][/quote]
    no no no... Kerry promised NOT to spend more of our money and STILL do all those wonderful things he claims to have plans for AND... get this... he's going to REDUCE the deficit. Let's face it... Kerry IS God. He's going to do all that AND make people like Christopher Reeve walk again. please.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's how it will go.

Kerry will make a bunch of statements about how the economy, the war and everything else has been a failure for Bush and his administration. (All of which is true by the way)

Bush will respond with He's a flip flopper, you know where I stand, It's hard work, You need someone who is consistent. Someone who has a backbone and sticks with his beliefs.

Kerry will tell you he has a plan but you'll never find out what the hell it is exactly because of his lawyer speak. Can a man be more political than him?

Bush will lie and say everything is going great. We need to stay the course. The world is different after 9/11. If you vote for Kerry, You will die.

The bottom line in my opinion is that Kerry hasn't done a good enough job of captivating people and getting the world to understand how much of a mess we are in and how poor of a job, Bush and his administration has done.

He needed to not only compete with Bush but blow him away. He hasn't.

This country is too scared to take Bush out of the office. They want to ride this thing out and they fear change at this point. That's why ultimately, Bush will win this election. It doesn't hurt that "special tax gifts" are being given to swing states to try and buy voters.

The truth is, I can round up a bunch of guys on this message board that can do a better job than Bush and his adminstration has done in 4 years.

I am not anti america because I don't agree with Bush and his administration's failures in the country and in this world. I am for america. I want better for all of us.

I voted for Bush over Gore in the last election. I love Rudy Guiliani and John McCain. I am not a republican or a democrat but I think this country needs a regime change. Cheney to Rumsfeld to Bush and company have all screwed up during their 4 years. The results speak for themselves. This would be like a sports team having 4 straight losing seasons and their response to their failure. We are going to continue to do the same things.

If Bush wins, which he probably will. It will be by default and out of fear by the american people. It will not be a vote of confidence and if you think that this adminstration has done a good job with domestic issues and foreign policy. You are lying to yourselves and blindly waving your party's flag.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!
    YJF... as always you have a full analysis for everything. While I don't agree with you on this, thanks for the post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 10:43 AM
    [b] Here's how it will go.

Kerry will make a bunch of statements about how the economy, the war and everything else has been a failure for Bush and his administration. (All of which is true by the way)

Bush will respond with He's a flip flopper, you know where I stand, It's hard work, You need someone who is consistent. Someone who has a backbone and sticks with his beliefs.

Kerry will tell you he has a plan but you'll never find out what the hell it is exactly because of his lawyer speak. Can a man be more political than him?

Bush will lie and say everything is going great. We need to stay the course. The world is different after 9/11. If you vote for Kerry, You will die.

The bottom line in my opinion is that Kerry hasn't done a good enough job of captivating people and getting the world to understand how much of a mess we are in and how poor of a job, Bush and his administration has done.

He needed to not only compete with Bush but blow him away. He hasn't.

This country is too scared to take Bush out of the office. They want to ride this thing out and they fear change at this point. That's why ultimately, Bush will win this election. It doesn't hurt that "special tax gifts" are being given to swing states to try and buy voters.

The truth is, I can round up a bunch of guys on this message board that can do a better job than Bush and his adminstration has done in 4 years.

I am not anti america because I don't agree with Bush and his administration's failures in the country and in this world. I am for america. I want better for all of us.

I voted for Bush over Gore in the last election. I love Rudy Guiliani and John McCain. I am not a republican or a democrat but I think this country needs a regime change. Cheney to Rumsfeld to Bush and company have all screwed up during their 4 years. The results speak for themselves. This would be like a sports team having 4 straight losing seasons and their response to their failure. We are going to continue to do the same things.

If Bush wins, which he probably will. It will be by default and out of fear by the american people. It will not be a vote of confidence and if you think that this adminstration has done a good job with domestic issues and foreign policy. You are lying to yourselves and blindly waving your party's flag. [/b][/quote]
    Does it cross your mind that Kerry didnt blow away Bush because he has nothing to blow away with? I mean you said it yourself, he uses a lot of lawyer speak, so if what you are saying about Bush is true, wouldnt Kerry have a sufficient amount of evidence to just blow Bush away? Could it possibly be that everything Kerry is using against Bush maybe isnt factual and really just is rhetoric?

I guess I am just another blinded Bush support in your eyes, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TheBrodyMan[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 12:47 PM
    [b] [/QUOTE]
    Does it cross your mind that Kerry didnt blow away Bush because he has nothing to blow away with? I mean you said it yourself, he uses a lot of lawyer speak, so if what you are saying about Bush is true, wouldnt Kerry have a sufficient amount of evidence to just blow Bush away? Could it possibly be that everything Kerry is using against Bush maybe isnt factual and really just is rhetoric?

I guess I am just another blinded Bush support in your eyes, right? [/b][/quote]
    You know what kills me?
    Kerry and Edwards have been talking about this "plan" they have for everything from healthcare to the economy to Iraq and to terrorism, but I haven't seen one actual example of what any of those plans actually are? And what's worse is that there are people... a LOT of people in this country that are buying into it. Hopefully he'll lose the election. I'd like to suggest he sells used cars for a living because he can amazingly sell ice to an eskimo. Maybe he can sell his buddy, Ted a new car... I hear his old one's at the bottom of some river somewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    YJF - The economy has been a failure under Bush? How so?

Please define "everything else" since apparently that has [i]also[/i] been a failure.

Please articulate the criteria of a successful war. Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I guess I am just another blinded Bush support in your eyes, right?
    [/b][/quote]

Yes you are.

[quote][b]You know what kills me?
    Kerry and Edwards have been talking about this "plan" they have for everything from healthcare to the economy to Iraq and to terrorism, but I haven't seen one actual example of what any of those plans actually are? And what's worse is that there are people... a LOT of people in this country that are buying into it. Hopefully he'll lose the election. I'd like to suggest he sells used cars for a living because he can amazingly sell ice to an eskimo. Maybe he can sell his buddy, Ted a new car... I hear his old one's at the bottom of some river somewhere. [/b][/quote]

He says his plans are detailed on JohnKerry.com I havn't looked at them, but before you say he has no plan why don't you go take a look. I'm sure there are a few sentances you could cherry-pick out of there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i got a serious question 5ever (and any Bush supporter brave enough to answer)

do you think Bush will open another front in the ME? if you do, and you are still voting for him, doesn't that make one "pro-war" ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 12:57 PM
    [b] [/QUOTE]

He says his plans are detailed on JohnKerry.com I havn't looked at them, but before you say he has no plan why don't you go take a look. I'm sure there are a few sentances you could cherry-pick out of there. [/b][/quote]
    I've been there... unfortunately I've HAD to go there for work... there's nothing there that I can see that lays everything out. Have you looked? I'll look again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:58 PM
    [b] i got a serious question 5ever (and any Bush supporter brave enough to answer)

do you think Bush will open another front in the ME? if you do, and you are still voting for him, doesn't that make one "pro-war" ? [/b][/quote]
    Pro-war? Thats not fair. There are evil-doers in the ME who need us to occupy them to see the beauty of democracy. Besides it will be a cakewalk.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who would want 4 more years of Bush should get their head checked. This has been the worst 4 years in the history of this country.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 12:58 PM
    [b] i got a serious question 5ever (and any Bush supporter brave enough to answer)

do you think Bush will open another front in the ME? if you do, and you are still voting for him, doesn't that make one "pro-war" ? [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately due to Clinton's severe military budget cuts we are unable to fight major wars on two fronts. If he had continued with the plans that Reagan, Bush Sr., and Cap Weinberger has put into place he'd be in much better shape. In stead, Clinton decided it was better to not develope any new weapons and only to fix old outdated weaponry and to cause a good amount of our military men and women to actually be placed on welfare. So no, I don't think Bush will open another font in the ME.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by harryooo[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:03 PM
    [b] Anyone who would want 4 more years of Bush should get their head checked. This has been the worst 4 years in the history of this country. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, Harry, this has been a horrible four years, but if you're blaming Bush for that then YOU'RE the one who should get his head checked. Anyone who can't recongize to what level our world has changed needs to have their head checked. This major change WORLDWIDE in how we view things is not easy to go through. Certainly not Gore, but do you really believe Kerry would have done a better job?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Anyone who would want 4 more years of Bush should get their head checked. This has been the worst 4 years in the history of this country. "

Dude, how old are you ? I guess you don't remember Carter, huh ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by kevin45[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:08 PM
    [b]

Dude, how old are you ? I guess you don't remember Carter, huh ? [/b][/quote]
    LOL!
    and isn't it funny how Democrats put him on such a high pedestal? Now THOSE were some tough years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 11:58 AM

Bitonti, I honestly don't know the answer to your first question. What countries are you talking about? Iran, Syria?

However, all you ever do is whine about how we shouldn't have invaded Iraq but should have gone after Saudi Arabia. Do you still feel that way? If so, does that make you pro war?

If you advocate non-war at all costs, does that make you pro-terrorism? Does that make you pro-appeasement?

What about people who agreed with the Afghan War but disagree with the current Iraq War? Are they pro or anti war?

Incidentally, Matt, you plan on voting for a man who authorized this war. Bush wouldn't have been able to launch it without the support of Congress and John Kerry and John Edwards. Does that make you pro-war?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of different people to respond to on this issue. Where do I start?

This election is about The Devil You Do Know(Bush) vs The Devil You Don't(Kerry).

The bottom line to me is that when all is said and done, This country is going to vote for The Devil They Do Know. John Kerry to me has not done a good job. He can't fix Iraq. He can BS all he wants that he has a plan but Iraq is a complete mess and it's not something that can be taken care of overnight. Catering to european nations is not exactly the way to go and although alot of his foreign policy plans seem good in theory. They are easier said than actually done.

John Kerry actually has a few good plans for the economy. I have seen both parties plans for the next 4 years. Kerry's healthcare and education ideas are solid. Anything at this point is an improvement over the last 4 years and the decline of quality in these areas. If you persist, perhaps I will go through every single domestic issue and we will fight over figures.

I am not going to sit here and go through all the domestic problems in the united states. If you look at it where we are now and where we were. Everything has gone downhill from education to healthcare to the economy etc

There are significant problems in this country that are being overshadowed by Iraq and our goal to keep America safe. As far as I am concerned, I see alot of flaws in that plan as well. Don't get me started on Iraq and don't get me started on how this adminstration has made poor decisions in that area.

The middle class is really struggling in this country. Things are not the way they were 5 to 7 years ago. I know young people my age, that are filing for bankruptcy. I have friends with degrees from Penn State and that passed the bar and have law degrees, that can't get steady and solid work.

I know people who are praying that they don't get sick because they have such poor healthcare coverage. I know and hear of alot of people who are struggling in this country.

This administration has bent over backwards to support the upper class. While ignoring the middle class and the poor, At the rate, we are in. There are only going to be two classes. The Rich and The Poor.

That's why, my vote is going to John Kerry. I am not pleased with our current administration's record and plans for the future. My vote for Kerry has probably more to do with change than anything else. I am voting for a change in philosophy and direction. I don't like the direction we are in at home or around the world.

This is not a conservative or liberal thing. I hate both parties and labels. I can't stand the political mumbo jumbo and misinformation that these two parties partake in.

The problem is I don't like Ralph Nader or his ideas. I agree with some of his points but not enough to vote for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are plenty of reasons i am voting for john kerry..
    Reason number 1 is an anti Bush vote though..
    They lied and people died..You need to be held accountable in this country..
    FEAR NOT..the sky will not fall kerry..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 01:32 PM
    [b] There are plenty of reasons i am voting for john kerry..
    Reason number 1 is an anti Bush vote though..
    They lied and people died..You need to be held accountable in this country..
    FEAR NOT..the sky will not fall kerry.. [/b][/quote]
    You drank the koolaid...
    No one lied. No one misled anyone. We took information we had and made a decision based on that. That information turns out to not have been reliable, but no one lied.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 11:58 AM

I hope he doesn't have to. But I know that he will do whatever it takes to protect the security of the American People.