39. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Kerry

23 58.97%
  • George Bush

16 41.03%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kerry or Bush

Rookie
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Enrique Pallazzo+Oct 14 2004, 09:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Enrique Pallazzo &#064; Oct 14 2004, 09:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MysticalJet[/i]@Oct 13 2004, 04:09 PM
    [b] Any person who has served in a war will get my respect - especially vietnam. I have no respect for a man who sits in an office and sends peoples children, husbands, and wives to war for a political reason and/or personal gain.

I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. I am an American. An American who looks at the facts and forms an opinion based on the actions, not the words, of others. I have voted for both Democrats and Republican parties. More importantly, I have voted for the PERSON who I thought could lead our great nation both domestically and internationally.

I can honestly say, without guilt, without bias, without regret, and without emotion that we need a change of President. I had great hope for Bush right after 9/11. I thought he could rise to the occassion, and possibly be one of the best leaders that we ever had. But once the emotion of 9/11 subsided, and 3+ years of time had passed, I have come to realize that our America is in dire need of a change. I could list a myriad of reasons why, but most of you out there have your minds made up either way, and regardless of the facts or history or especially controversy that revovles around this administration, you will defend it to no end.

I once too believed in G.W. Bush - I really did. But I have opened my eyes without bias. [/b][/quote]
    I, too, have respect for anyone who has fought for our country. I lose all respect for them if they come home and comdemn the men that are still there fighting for the same cause. I lose all respect for them when recordings of their own lying voices are used by the emeny to get POWs to admit to these lies or be tortured. I lose all respect for them when they secretly meet with the enemy. I lose all respect for them when their picture is hung in the enemy&#39;s war museum as a "hero" for their cause.
    I am not a Democrat or a Republican and have voted according to who I think will best lead this country both foreign and domestically. I can say, without guilt, without bias, without regret, and with strong emotion that we need to re-elect President Bush next month. He DID rise to the occasion after 9/11. [/b][/quote]
    Thats great and I can respect that your decision comes without bias. I hope americans make a choice based on the facts and decide based on the facts - not on their political line or on media bias. That all I am trying to say.

Two people can look at the same set of facts and come to two different conclusions. Thats fine and great.

One thing I&#39;ve learned from this election is that we need to raise the qualifications for who gets a purple. I always thought you got one by being seriously wounded in action, but Kerry got three and never had to leave the war zone. But as soon as he got his 3rd he beat it out of there. No wonder he&#39;s not to popular with VN vets. His three purple hearts may fit the qualifications at that time, but they&#39;re a slap in the face to those who REALLY EARNED THEM. No doubt there&#39;s many who turned down PHs b/c they didn&#39;t feel their minor injuries deserved them.