Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: The Sox are Winning This Series

  1. #1
    Trust me. The Yankees can't, and won't, hang with the Sox.

    I don't know if it's 5 or 7, but this will be easier than you'd think.

    I say that believing that Schilling is probably done for the series, by the way.

    The Sox are winning this thing.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA.
    Posts
    4,257
    How old are you, RS? Surely not old enough to be jaded like the rest of us Red Sox Fans..... :lol:

  3. #3
    RS...no big deal if you say you think you have a shot but nobody knows whats going to happen in this series. You guys never learn man. Just watch the games and see what happens. Either team can pull it off, it's going to come down to who steps up in big spots like Mussina did last night and Boone did last year. Still six games to go. I think if the Yanks win tonight the series is over but anything can happen.

  4. #4
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 13 2004, 01:05 PM
    Trust me. The Yankees can't, and won't, hang with the Sox.

    I don't know if it's 5 or 7, but this will be easier than you'd think.

    I say that believing that Schilling is probably done for the series, by the way.

    The Sox are winning this thing.
    Quoted and Bookmarked.

    In the words of the immortal Toby Keith:

    Whose your Daddy?

    Whose your Baby?

    Who your buddy?

    Whose your man?


    Explain to me why the Yankees can't hang with them? The Yankees offense is playing better right now. The Yankees just bombed the Red Sox Ace. The guy who was brought in to beat the Yankees. And he laid an egg.

    But somehow after 85 years of this, RSN still believes in MORAL VICTORIES.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA.
    Posts
    4,257
    Max, babe, DO NOT lump all of RSN in one group. On one side you have the young ones who haven't been sucker punched enough to understand that you hope and wish for the best, but certainly expect the worst.

    :lol:

    Have you heard that the Pats have won 19 straight? :lol:

  6. #6
    Amazing coming from someone who wrote this just last night...

    Sigh....

    This place is going to be insufferable for at least 24 hours....

    but yes, this game is over, and the Yankees are kicking the Red Sox ***.

    Hopefully this suffices to keep my name out of JonE's bandwagon gloater thread. We'll see.
    But in all honesty, Yankee fans love getting the Sox fans' hopes up. It just makes winning in the end so much sweeter!

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,359
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 13 2004, 12:05 PM
    Trust me.
    Nope...no can do :lol:

  8. #8
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 01:41 PM
    Max, babe, DO NOT lump all of RSN in one group. On one side you have the young ones who haven't been sucker punched enough to understand that you hope and wish for the best, but certainly expect the worst.

    :lol:

    Have you heard that the Pats have won 19 straight? :lol:
    You are actually right (it was bound to happen eventually). RSN Nation does have the young cocky crowd that is still hopeful. And the other camp that wants to believe but won't get too excited until they see it.

    Good point for once.

    I hope Jone gives you something extra special tonight.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester, MA.
    Posts
    4,257
    Max, I just have to say I find it amazing how you know eveything about everything and aren't afraid to spew your wisdom about them. Wow. I mean, to think you are actually an expert on RSN too.....your knowledge has no bounds....

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    central jersey
    Posts
    4,047
    If you know your team , you would know you have no chance of winning the series .

  11. #11
    Maxman
    Guest
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 02:25 PM
    Max, I just have to say I find it amazing how you know eveything about everything and aren't afraid to spew your wisdom about them. Wow. I mean, to think you are actually an expert on RSN too.....your knowledge has no bounds....
    Thank you so much for noticing. Man all this time I felt nobody was there to benefit from my wisdom. I feel so complete now.

    I hope Jone gives you a double serving tonight. You deserve it.

  12. #12
    Originally posted by Garbanza@Oct 13 2004, 11:41 AM
    Max, babe, DO NOT lump all of RSN in one group. On one side you have the young ones who haven't been sucker punched enough to understand that you hope and wish for the best, but certainly expect the worst.

    :lol:

    Have you heard that the Pats have won 19 straight? :lol:
    Very adroit shifting of the subject at the end of your post here. I commend you on this.

  13. #13
    I understand the scepticism, and trust me, I'm no optimistic fool--- I steadily refused to offer a prediction for this series, and after last years crushing blow I've been restraining my hopes like an ugly kid who's being hit on by a hot girl, if that makes any sense.

    But suddenly today, I was struck with a conviction, with an epiphany. I could see the implications of last nights game, the matchup between these two teams.... and I was struck with the absolute certainty that the Sox will win the series.

    Sounds crazy I guess. Maybe my brain is just trying to pacify or my neurons are just misfiring. But I'm convinced the Sox own this one.

    Now I will note that the only other time I ever made a firm and bold sports prediction was last year, when before the season started I proclaimed firmly toall my friends that THIS was the year (this was in February, well before the '03 Sox Bandwagon started to fill).

    In my opinion it WAS the year, that Sox team WAS the team that should have won it all, and would have if not for Grady Little's management in the 7th and 8th innings.

    But you could also say I was wrong.

    So take it with a grain of salt if you want--- and note that I'm NOT saying the Sox will win the series (I have no freaking clue). But the Sox are going there, because they are beating the Yankees.

  14. #14
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 13 2004, 02:23 PM
    I understand the scepticism, and trust me, I'm no optimistic fool--- I steadily refused to offer a prediction for this series, and after last years crushing blow I've been restraining my hopes like an ugly kid who's being hit on by a hot girl, if that makes any sense.

    But suddenly today, I was struck with a conviction, with an epiphany. I could see the implications of last nights game, the matchup between these two teams.... and I was struck with the absolute certainty that the Sox will win the series.

    Sounds crazy I guess. Maybe my brain is just trying to pacify or my neurons are just misfiring. But I'm convinced the Sox own this one.

    Now I will note that the only other time I ever made a firm and bold sports prediction was last year, when before the season started I proclaimed firmly toall my friends that THIS was the year (this was in February, well before the '03 Sox Bandwagon started to fill).

    In my opinion it WAS the year, that Sox team WAS the team that should have won it all, and would have if not for Grady Little's management in the 7th and 8th innings.

    But you could also say I was wrong.

    So take it with a grain of salt if you want--- and note that I'm NOT saying the Sox will win the series (I have no freaking clue). But the Sox are going there, because they are beating the Yankees.
    Your first sentence is your first mistake. You are blindly optomistic.

    This much I will tell you. Lose tonight, and you may not make it back to NY for a game 6.

  15. #15
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 13 2004, 04:23 PM
    But suddenly today, I was struck with a conviction, with an epiphany. I could see the implications of last nights game, the matchup between these two teams.... and I was struck with the absolute certainty that the Sox will win the series.

  16. #16
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 13 2004, 03:23 PM
    I understand the scepticism, and trust me, I'm no optimistic fool--- I steadily refused to offer a prediction for this series, and after last years crushing blow I've been restraining my hopes like an ugly kid who's being hit on by a hot girl, if that makes any sense.

    But suddenly today, I was struck with a conviction, with an epiphany. I could see the implications of last nights game, the matchup between these two teams.... and I was struck with the absolute certainty that the Sox will win the series.

    Sounds crazy I guess. Maybe my brain is just trying to pacify or my neurons are just misfiring. But I'm convinced the Sox own this one.

    Now I will note that the only other time I ever made a firm and bold sports prediction was last year, when before the season started I proclaimed firmly toall my friends that THIS was the year (this was in February, well before the '03 Sox Bandwagon started to fill).

    In my opinion it WAS the year, that Sox team WAS the team that should have won it all, and would have if not for Grady Little's management in the 7th and 8th innings.

    But you could also say I was wrong.

    So take it with a grain of salt if you want--- and note that I'm NOT saying the Sox will win the series (I have no freaking clue). But the Sox are going there, because they are beating the Yankees.
    This coming from a guy who throws out more stats out there than Bill James ? Now he has an epiphany.

    You better see a doctor for those epiphany's.

    Untreated it could be fatal. :lol:

    Seriously though. This series is far from over. I expect Pedro to come up big tonight and even this series.

    Of course should the Sox lose tonight I would find it very hard for them to beat the Yanks 4 out 5 times with the last two at Yankee Stadium.

    Very big game for the Sawx tonight.

  17. #17
    RS- ya damn right!!!

    I'm taking Boston in 6, in fact I have $200 on it.

  18. #18
    Originally posted by Knickerbocker@Oct 13 2004, 06:18 PM
    I'm taking Boston in 6, in fact I have $200 on it.
    That's like betting 200 on General Custer ... at little big horn

    Better yet, that's like betting 200 on the french army ... verses anyone

  19. #19
    Sorry, lemme clarify...

    I am certain the Sox will win THIS series.

    I have no clue if they will win THE series (as in, the World Series).

    And to be honest, intellectually it looks like the cards are stacked against the sox: Schilling is probably done, Pedro might just have nine daddies, and Lowe's b****ing, and worse, he's going to be pitching.... ugh....

    But the Sox win this.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,359
    Originally posted by Maxman@Oct 13 2004, 01:50 PM


    I hope Jone gives you a double serving tonight. You deserve it.
    Thanks Max...I hope I do to!!


    Eating protien as I type this for the "double duty!!" :lol:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us